Am I living in dreamland?

Super Moderator

PostSat Jun 04, 2011 2:15 pm » by TheDuck

Am I living in dreamland?

You know what would be great? Free power outlets, bear with me.

The sunshine is here, I for one would love to be able to spend time sat by a canal getting a suntan whilst playing Poker, unfortunately my laptop battery would fail pretty quickly lol.

If somehow there was a way to achieve this it would be pretty awesome, surely it wouldn’t cost too much to embed a small solar panel somewhere, a sealed waterproof battery sank into the floor would be kept charged, some kind of mini display with a percentage of charge available could also be an option (laptops don't actually use that much power). The bureaucrats are always going on about being healthy well I’m sure many of us could do with a bit of extra vitamin c.

Would be great if the idea took off, obviously it would have more uses than just laptops and Poker. What do you think Poker Player(s)? Is this possible or am I living in dreamland? ‘bout time our tax money went to a good cause. Would give us an excuse to whip out the shades aswell ^_^.

Mark ****

Just sent this to the magazine Poker Player.

Will let you know if they publish, I think its a good idea :mrgreen:

Will it come to fruition? probably not lol, would be quicker to get a pick axe and start construction myself. :think:

Yes I would probably end up in cuffs for destroying council property :alien51:

"The Truth Cannot Be Told... It Must Be Realized"

Conspirator

PostSat Jun 04, 2011 2:18 pm » by Freeyourmindnow

SolarRolls, have fun :cheers: i want to buy a backpack with solar power :flop:

http://www.voltaicsystems.com/offgrid.shtml

and for the ladies :mrgreen:

solar-powered-bikini-t52661.html

Super Moderator

PostSat Jun 04, 2011 2:27 pm » by TheDuck

freeyourmindnow wrote:SolarRolls, have fun :cheers:

I know its already possible, but we pay our tax, shouldn't we have a say on what its spent on?

We could even call them Eco points or something equally gay :mrgreen:

Yeah I'm just postulating really, my idealist mindset takes over sometimes.

:cheers:

Conspirator

PostSat Jun 04, 2011 2:32 pm » by Freeyourmindnow

theduck wrote:
freeyourmindnow wrote:SolarRolls, have fun :cheers:

I know its already possible, but we pay our tax, shouldn't we have a say on what its spent on?

We could even call them Eco points or something equally gay :mrgreen:

Yeah I'm just postulating really, my idealist mindset takes over sometimes.

:cheers:

good idea, i am with you on this, but do you think they would listen to us? we think we have rights but in reality we dont. :think: they can do what ever they want with our money :cheers:

Super Moderator

PostSat Jun 04, 2011 2:45 pm » by TheDuck

Yeah they don't give a sh*t about us, the only way you can get things done is by manipulation yourself, such as presenting something as a scheme like 'its good for the environment' 'it lowers everyone's carbon footprint' 'helps the ozone layer' 'you get more vitamin c which means less illness, which equals less time off work, which is good for the economy' yada yada.

That's the kind of stuff you need to feed 'them' if you actually manage to get an audience, I reckon I have too much hatred of the system to get anything like that done, even if I could tbh

I hate the system, I hate bureaucratic bs, I hate jumping through hoops, okay now I'm just ranting lol

See I would eat myself up pretty fast if I got unleashed on any kind of bureaucrat, I would either be expelled from the situation or would chew my own lip off :D

Conspirator

PostSat Jun 04, 2011 5:31 pm » by Freeyourmindnow

theduck wrote:Yeah they don't give a sh*t about us, the only way you can get things done is by manipulation yourself, such as presenting something as a scheme like 'its good for the environment' 'it lowers everyone's carbon footprint' 'helps the ozone layer' 'you get more vitamin c which means less illness, which equals less time off work, which is good for the economy' yada yada.

That's the kind of stuff you need to feed 'them' if you actually manage to get an audience, I reckon I have too much hatred of the system to get anything like that done, even if I could tbh

I hate the system, I hate bureaucratic bs, I hate jumping through hoops, okay now I'm just ranting lol

See I would eat myself up pretty fast if I got unleashed on any kind of bureaucrat, I would either be expelled from the situation or would chew my own lip off :D

hahaha same here bro i hate the sytem, my motto is who is not strong enough must be smart :cheers:

Super Moderator

PostSat Jun 04, 2011 5:48 pm » by TheDuck

Yeah I was thinking a bit ago, the only way I see of beating the current system is by slowly, step by step, bit by bit, usurping every single facet of it.

This would probably take immense money though, I dunno :think: