Amazing Facts About The Great Pyramid Of Giza

Conspirator

PostWed Mar 03, 2010 12:59 pm » by Edgarrothstein

shadowkhas wrote:I was pretty intrigued about the Orion alignment, and decided to check it out...the pyramids don't line up at all.

Sure, the three main ones forming the belt do, but the others are way off.
The red squares are plotted where pyramids should be to line up, but they're off considerably. And for a civilization that is said to be incredibly advanced at the smallest of details (as your post indicates rather well), this is too much of an error to really be considered valid.

Check this out :

http://goodfelloweb.com/giza/

Disclosing bullshitters since 1969.

Conspirator

PostWed Mar 03, 2010 3:28 pm » by Aardvaaks

shadowkhas wrote:I was pretty intrigued about the Orion alignment, and decided to check it out...the pyramids don't line up at all.

Sure, the three main ones forming the belt do, but the others are way off.
The red squares are plotted where pyramids should be to line up, but they're off considerably. And for a civilization that is said to be incredibly advanced at the smallest of details (as your post indicates rather well), this is too much of an error to really be considered valid.

This has been mentioned before, there is dissent because if you consider that the pyramids are older than the traditional view, then the stars in constellation orion, some more than others dependent on their distance from us, would have moved so this could account for the above image/view discrepency.
' I'm leaving because the weather is too good. I hate London when it's not raining'.
Groucho Marx

Initiate

PostWed Mar 03, 2010 3:41 pm » by Shadowkhas

That's all very nice and intriguing, but doesn't relate to my post at all, really.

Writer

PostWed Mar 03, 2010 4:43 pm » by Dogmeat

shadowkhas wrote:That's all very nice and intriguing, but doesn't relate to my post at all, really.

Do you mean all the posts or a specific one?

Initiate

PostWed Mar 03, 2010 5:13 pm » by Shadowkhas

dogmeat wrote:
shadowkhas wrote:That's all very nice and intriguing, but doesn't relate to my post at all, really.

My apologies: I wrote my post but didn't submit it at the time, so it looks like I was referring to aardvaaks' post. I meant to reference edgarrothstein's.
aardvaaks wrote:This has been mentioned before, there is dissent because if you consider that the pyramids are older than the traditional view, then the stars in constellation orion, some more than others dependent on their distance from us, would have moved so this could account for the above image/view discrepency.

I don't believe that the stars in Orion have moved considerably since modern astronomy began recording their locations, and if they truly did have a motion that was that dramatic, we would have seen such a movement in the space of 500 years. To be fair, I haven't checked this with any hard core data, so it's just my observational theory.

Conspirator

PostWed Mar 03, 2010 5:35 pm » by Edgarrothstein

shadowkhas wrote:My apologies: I wrote my post but didn't submit it at the time, so it looks like I was referring to aardvaaks' post. I meant to reference edgarrothstein's.

My reply was intended just as another possible answer to the placement of pyramids, not necessarily linked to the Orion constellation...

Disclosing bullshitters since 1969.

Conspirator

PostWed Mar 03, 2010 6:24 pm » by Aardvaaks

shadowkhas wrote:
dogmeat wrote:

My apologies: I wrote my post but didn't submit it at the time, so it looks like I was referring to aardvaaks' post. I meant to reference edgarrothstein's.
aardvaaks wrote:This has been mentioned before, there is dissent because if you consider that the pyramids are older than the traditional view, then the stars in constellation orion, some more than others dependent on their distance from us, would have moved so this could account for the above image/view discrepency.

I don't believe that the stars in Orion have moved considerably since modern astronomy began recording their locations, and if they truly did have a motion that was that dramatic, we would have seen such a movement in the space of 500 years. To be fair, I haven't checked this with any hard core data, so it's just my observational theory.

Good point over 500 years Shadowkhas but when you consider the movement over millenia then the effect is more drastic. Hasnt a recent guesstimate of the age of the Sphinx been put at 7000+ years? I know that these Orion stars are all in our Milky way galaxy but the distances between each relative to each other is staggering although they all align in our plane of sight.
' I'm leaving because the weather is too good. I hate London when it's not raining'.
Groucho Marx

Initiate

PostWed Mar 03, 2010 7:48 pm » by Shadowkhas

That is correct. Supposedly the software Starry Night Pro can determine proper motion vectors, so I'll try to get access to it from my astronomy buddies, and make an attempt at tracking the stars back as far as I can. :)

Conspirator

PostThu Mar 04, 2010 12:29 am » by Aardvaaks

shadowkhas wrote:That is correct. Supposedly the software Starry Night Pro can determine proper motion vectors, so I'll try to get access to it from my astronomy buddies, and make an attempt at tracking the stars back as far as I can. :)

Good call, look forward to your results :look:
Groucho Marx

Initiate

PostThu Mar 04, 2010 1:06 am » by Futuju

PreviousNext