Amazing Speech

Super Moderator

PostThu Apr 16, 2009 3:03 pm » by Spock

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dmsJe1S0z8w&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dmsJe1S0z8w&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Conspirator

PostThu Apr 16, 2009 9:04 pm » by Ogmios

I really don't know what to make of that video Spock. I liked the stuff about the war and liberty but when the crowd started chanting "USA, USA" a shiver ran down my spine. At that point it started to look more and more like the Nuremberg rally. I kept thinking 'liberty's just a word'.

You see, nationalism, to me, is the absolute antithesis of revolution. Maybe it was all the Marx I read in my youth. Nationalism itself is the cause of all the wars we fight. Once this revolution happens, the disgruntled mass will then turn their attention outwards and we will have an even worse situation than we have at the moment.

Great post though, a real mind bender.
"God is a concept by which we measure our pain"
John Lennon

Master Conspirator

PostThu Apr 16, 2009 9:35 pm » by Lowsix

Those chants gave me the chills as well, although im sure for an absolutely different reason.

One that had nothing to do with Nurenburg, and the MYRIAD of similar hateful analogies we as americans have been cast with.

This man has a rock solid record, understands our history better than 99% of the politicians out there, understands our problems well enough to speak to them without a telepromter for hours on end, has rational, logical and achievable solutions, votes and has ALWAYS voted against the lobbied interest for his entire career (they call him dr. No) and he understands how badly americans are yearning for the real change they supposedly voted for in the last election.

IN other words, he is a perfect victim, and perfect messenger and his entire career has been defined by the word IRONY. Here is one man with the means, record and intellect to efect the change that americans have been screaming for, and soundly ignored for it. Brilliant FOX, NBC, MSNC, CNN..thanks for marginalizing a TRUE american hero..really.

He is THE person who understands what America is (under all of the worlds mischaracteriations), he understands what Good the american people are capable of, he understands the liberties that have been strippped away, and he understands that under all the surface arguing, and misguided and misrepresented views that we are pinned with, underneath it..WE ARE GOOD PEOPLE. Good, COMMON, decent, god fearing (sorry whoever THAT one pises off) and that given our choice, we would truly DO good in the world.

That if it were up to each and every one of us, we would have NEVER gone to Iraq, we wouldl have never gone to Afghanistan, we would have never burned our moral capital after 9-11. We would have brought our military home, turned america into an inpenetrable fortress, restarted our manufacturing base, withdrew all of the aid from countries that despise us, spent our hard earned money rebuilding our infrastructure, and reminded the world that we are a benevolent people, who simply DONT WANT TO BE F***ED WITH.

He would have withdrawn our overt and illogical support of isreal, and he would have re-grown the urge to do business with America, not becuase of fear, but because of respect and admiration, as it once was. When that aid was withdrawn, the world would have been forced to reconcile that fact that we have been attempting (in some misguided ways) to help the world for a VERY long damn time, and if they dont want it or hate us for it, we can remove it and sepnd it on ourselves..see who else comes into that vaccuum..

Back when a billion dollars was a lot of meny, we sent a BILLION dollars to help the Tsunami victims, sent a BILLION dollars to help gaza rebuild, sent a BILLION dollars to help the Chinese earthquake victims, rebuilt german and japan after they FORCED us to fight them, send money and military to every south american disawter in the last 100 years, and we ANNUALLY spend over 12 BILLION dollars in first aid, disasster relief, and agricultural aid.. And guess what, despite that (and despite NO other country even coming CLOSE) we will be villified and the cynics among you will state the downside to every single one of those examples to negate the net effects of that goodwill aid by equating it ALL with military campaign examples, and other similar failures.. failing to recognize the REAL good that is done..so that our missteps represent us, instead of the good intentions of the people who approve and send that money with our hard earned tax dollars...

Damned if you do, damned if you dont..thats the position we as people are in..how evil we all must be, then...

He inspires hope in those willing to take a minute to listen, to those who wont be satisfied with those bullshit soundbites Obama hammered us with, won the media over with, won europe over with, and consequently are becoming hollow nonsense. That hope he inspries by the way, is one born of a rock solid record, THE true libertarian and peaceful philosopher who advocates the return to the roots of our independance with strength born out of economic prudence, social tolerance, and compassion.

I studied this man long and hard before our last election..Im done being taken by speeches as gloriousand enlightening as they may asound, and I dont easily subscribe to the flag waving that occurs loudly in most campaigns, and I was unable to find one single hypocritical crack in this man's armor. He is THE last american patriot politician, and he will likely go down silently in american history as such..and it saddens me beyond words to know this..

viva ron paul
warløckmitbladderinfection wrote:blasphemous new gehenna inhabitant makes god sad...

Master Conspirator

PostThu Apr 16, 2009 9:49 pm » by Lowsix

bump...lol
warløckmitbladderinfection wrote:blasphemous new gehenna inhabitant makes god sad...

Super Moderator

PostThu Apr 16, 2009 10:47 pm » by Spock

Awesome post Low6!

I love Ron Paul too - and even though I don't agree with him 100% of the time, the fact that he does look out for Americans best interest in the face of lobbyist is what sells me to him.
Plus he's an advocate of the "Fair Tax".

Conspirator

PostFri Apr 17, 2009 12:33 pm » by Ogmios

I have to say, it wasn't what he was saying that gave me the chills. It was the feeling of nationalistic fervour. Being British and Scottish, I hate the nationalists over here and, mabybe it's wrong, but I can't help tarring all nationalists the world over with the same brush.

Here's a few examples of examples of why.

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/04QolIvfQEw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/04QolIvfQEw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uAUPt9SX2qk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uAUPt9SX2qk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Can you see any similarities between the Hitler and Ron Paul Audiences?
John Lennon

Super Moderator

PostFri Apr 17, 2009 12:46 pm » by Spock

All political rallies are nationalistic. Who would go to one that wasn't? What would be the point? Nobody is going to stand up at a rally and say they are going to "dive this country into the ground".

Conspirator

PostFri Apr 17, 2009 1:25 pm » by Ogmios

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PwMY4ccbKY4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PwMY4ccbKY4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Here's one. I go to peace and human rights rallies, not nationalistic ones.
John Lennon

Writer

PostThu Apr 23, 2009 12:13 pm » by Darkspark

ogmios wrote:I really don't know what to make of that video Spock. I liked the stuff about the war and liberty but when the crowd started chanting "USA, USA" a shiver ran down my spine. At that point it started to look more and more like the Nuremberg rally. I kept thinking 'liberty's just a word'.

You see, nationalism, to me, is the absolute antithesis of revolution. Maybe it was all the Marx I read in my youth. Nationalism itself is the cause of all the wars we fight. Once this revolution happens, the disgruntled mass will then turn their attention outwards and we will have an even worse situation than we have at the moment.

Great post though, a real mind bender.

I'm in the same mindset as you here! They seemed like zealots, patriotism is selfishness. They should have been shouting Freedom, Liberty & Peace! I admire the love that Americans have for their nation but not the bigoted views or militarism that goes with it in most cases. If only it was love for the planet and human race, everyone would be alot better off.
You are the spirit, your ego is the test!

Super Moderator

PostThu Apr 23, 2009 2:22 pm » by Spock

Yes, but Freedom, Liberty and Peace has been achieved with the blood of patriots.

Next