America Becoming More Stupid?

Conspirator

PostSun May 15, 2011 4:10 pm » by Mozi!!a

It is concerning, people’s perception of Americans around the world and the things American tourists do to enforce that perception. Are Americans Stupid? Do Americans lack intelligence? Is there any statistical evidence to support the opinion of many countries other than the United States? The answer is yes, there is and I have compiled it right below, in this very article. Sources have been included.
USA scores the lowest in national average IQ among the developed countries of the world, at a national average score of 98. The data is obtained from IQ and Global Equality by Dr. Richard Lynn (professor of Psychology, University of Ulster, Northern Ireland) and Dr. Tatu Vanhanen (University of Tampere, Finland) who have done extensive research on the subject spanning several years. The national average IQ score of Americans at 98 is below 22 countries (including Switzerland, United Kingdom, Germany, Japan, North Korea and China). The low Intelligence Quotient (IQ) score of United States puts the Americans at a lower intelligence level on an average as compared to the other industrialized nations.
The mathematical skills and abilities to process mathematical problems put America on an extremely weak spot. American high school students scored 483 in the test Program for International Student Assessment. The average scores of American students were way below those of top scoring countries like South Korea, Japan, Switzerland, Germany, Ireland, etc. all of whom scored between 503 and 544. Mathematical skills, scientific temper and the ability to apply mathematical knowledge are essential in the present world and they are the roots of logical and scientific reasoning.
[youtube]fJuNgBkloFE&feature[/youtube]
If this becomes a weak point, a person’s ability to fare well in science, logical and analytical thinking would suffer as well. This does not directly mean that people in the United States are stupid, just that people in the United States lack a strong ability to mentally process thought analytically.
Another study as a special report by ABC showed that in scientific and mathematical skills, an average Belgian kid scored better than a “skilled” American. By age fifteen Americans fell behind 25 countries in this test. They scored worse than countries which spend much less in education. The report also states that in US, mediocrity is encouraged by monopoly of public school and opportunity based scholarships, which is hurting the academic ability of Americans when compared to the rest of the world. Yes, monopoly hurts because there is no competition to better oneself against, but when it comes to countries with lesser quality of education it says something. Those countries are not well off either but in spite of that they do better than US.
“American adults in general do not understand what molecules are (other than that they are really small). Fewer than a third can identify DNA as a key to heredity. Only about 10 percent know what radiation is. One adult American in five thinks the Sun revolves around the Earth, an idea science had abandoned by the 17th century.” This is an excerpt from an article by New York Times which did a study and survey of Americans to determine their awareness. Coming from a nation where half the schools do not teach the science of evolution, scientific outlook is discouraged and a lot of emphasis is laid on religious education, the results are hardly surprising.
Now with all these statistics and research data it is up to you, the reader to decide if Americans really deserve the ’stupid’ tag. As with any nation, there are always exceptions which means not all Americans fit these statistics. But a majority of Americans do, which creates the average data at a lower level than the other countries.
Last Updated on Wednesday, 11 May 2011 18:39
http://coupmedia.org/safety-at-school/a ... tupid-1205

Initiate

PostSun May 15, 2011 4:15 pm » by gf2010

Its very frightning. But i think the biggest problem is money. Education is very expansive in the States.
Here in Austria, you dont pay anything for college or University. So people can afford a good education.

I hope that the government in the USA starts thinking pro education and more contra military/war

Because there is a lot of potential over there.

Conspirator

PostSun May 15, 2011 5:12 pm » by Shaggietrip

WTF! These people need to stop watching tv. AMERICA try reading a book or watch world news instead of Biggest Loser. My my my . Great post. Now every one get up and slap some sense into thy neighbor so you can respect them.

:help:
ImageImage
Star watchers,Sun,Moon or just space in interest. https://www.darkskywatcher.com/dsw74.html

Super Moderator

PostSun May 15, 2011 5:29 pm » by Slith

Canubis wrote:
i consume more hard liquor a night then all dtv together...

yet i am so god dam smart....and own this shit in my world..

Master Conspirator

PostSun May 15, 2011 5:30 pm » by Boondox681

"Doing stuff is overrated.Like Hitler.He did a lot.But don't we all wish he woulda' just stayed home and gotten stoned?"

Conspirator

PostSun May 15, 2011 5:40 pm » by Phaeton

dlslith wrote:

Upload to Disclose.tv

"Congratulations Canada on legalising staplers.."

"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music"
"All our science measured against reality, is primitive and childlike - yet, in contemporary consensus, its the most precious thing we have"

Upload to Disclose.tv

Conspirator

PostSun May 15, 2011 5:44 pm » by Punjedi

Another America bashing thread eh?

I find this hilarious. "1 in 5 adults believes the Sun revolves around the Earth" AHAHAHAHAHAH

That right there tells me this article is geared for an anti-American lean and should be considered "baiting"

Tell ya what, for those who just can't stand this country so much, why don't you come do something about it?

Sure, some here may not be able to spell 'Whoop-Ass' properly but they can sure as hell pull a trigger and shoot the nostril hairs off your smug asses.

Bring it :) We have plenty of room for a throw-down.
Nihil Sine Fide!

Super Moderator

PostSun May 15, 2011 5:50 pm » by domdabears

punjedi wrote:Another America bashing thread eh?

I find this hilarious. "1 in 5 adults believes the Sun revolves around the Earth" AHAHAHAHAHAH

That right there tells me this article is geared for an anti-American lean and should be considered "baiting"

Tell ya what, for those who just can't stand this country so much, why don't you come do something about it?

Sure, some here may not be able to spell 'Whoop-Ass' properly but they can sure as hell pull a trigger and shoot the nostril hairs off your smug asses.

Bring it :) We have plenty of room for a throw-down.

I agree.
But to avoid the anger here brought on by ignorance, I'm locking this.

Don't act like you're being censored, OP. Your bullshit info is still viewable.

There's no solution to your ignorant thread.
I wanna be a Warhol
Displayed on your wall
Still hung up on you

Super Moderator

PostSun May 15, 2011 6:01 pm » by domdabears

gimme a fuckin break, 99socks with your report.
im talking about demobes thread.
i said i agree with punjedi.
I wanna be a Warhol
Displayed on your wall
Still hung up on you