American Nedas...

Conspirator

PostSat Jun 27, 2009 9:10 am » by Drextin

I really don't know man. I'm not sure where we lost our way. We are at a cross roads though and the future of america is balancing on what is being done now.

We became the police of the world because so many asked us for our help after WW2. We meant well at the beginning then it became what are you going to do for me? The cold war really did a number on us. So many corrupt politicians and so many secrets.

I still have hope.........
I am a nightmare walking, psychopath talking
King of my jungle just a gangster stalking

Writer

PostSat Jun 27, 2009 9:14 am » by Taiff

Well for America to return to its roots. we would be come more or less a country who main concern is isolationism, and if America were to do that the literal barbarians at the gate of a lot of less self dependent country's would come crashing in.

Conspirator

PostSat Jun 27, 2009 9:21 am » by Darrylmckay

taiff wrote:Well for America to return to its roots. we would be come more or less a country who main concern is isolationism, and if America were to do that the literal barbarians at the gate of a lot of less self dependent country's would come crashing in

There is a difference between isolationism an sticking your noses into everybody else is business just because you can.

I believe america lost its way due to Bush and his pals and thier plans to let big business take over the govt, then the rest of the world, the old "we need more markets so lets take over that country" theory of economics.

Now I am no fan of the UN, they tend to sit on the fence while people are dying but isnt policeing the world thier job.
I will respect your beliefs*, I will research your beliefs, but dont expect me to believe.
* disclaimer-user makes no commitment to live up to this claim

Conspirator

PostSat Jun 27, 2009 9:26 am » by Aragajag

I like folks from the USA, my parents visit every year if not twice. They and my experience of Americans is pretty good and I hope you get control of your runaway govt.
'Gee, I wish we had one of them Doomsday Machines, Stainsey..' General "Buck" Turgidson

Writer

PostSat Jun 27, 2009 9:27 am » by Taiff

darrylmckay wrote:
taiff wrote:Well for America to return to its roots. we would be come more or less a country who main concern is isolationism, and if America were to do that the literal barbarians at the gate of a lot of less self dependent country's would come crashing in

There is a difference between isolationism an sticking your noses into everybody else is business just because you can.

I believe america lost its way due to Bush and his pals and thier plans to let big business take over the govt, then the rest of the world, the old "we need more markets so lets take over that country" theory of economics.

Now I am no fan of the UN, they tend to sit on the fence while people are dying but isnt policeing the world thier job.

I 100% agree i do not think that America should be the watch dog of the world. I have a lot of friends who are now on active duty all over the world risking there life for other peoples business.But they do server a purpose and they are more the happy to help out people no matter where they are stationed. I think for America to pull back all around the world would be a great thing for our country at home but for us to do anything like that other countries will have to fill in the gaps. If they are willing to do that then it should by all means happen.

Conspirator

PostSat Jun 27, 2009 9:30 am » by Drextin

darrylmckay wrote:

Yep the UN is supposed to do it. But it never fails that america will realize some value to what ever police action is going on and send our troops separate from the UN forces. Bosina? Somalia? Haiti? Just to name a few. Yet we allow genocide after genocide to happen in Africa. They can have a million commercials begging us for money to save them from aids just to walk out of the hospital and have a machete buried in their skull. Yes sir......we have our priorities in order.

aragajag, we are trying. we all might not agree on how to go about doing it but at least we have the common goal in mind.
I am a nightmare walking, psychopath talking
King of my jungle just a gangster stalking

Conspirator

PostSat Jun 27, 2009 9:36 am » by Aragajag

I can see a polarisation in the US all in all like all on the planet you wish to feed cloth and stay warm, tpb cant have power from harmony. There is just to much madness.
'Gee, I wish we had one of them Doomsday Machines, Stainsey..' General "Buck" Turgidson

Conspirator

PostSat Jun 27, 2009 9:39 am » by Darrylmckay

I dunno,but I think america got sacred out of afica by those ungretaful little buggers in somalia, you go there to try a feed a nation and od they appreciate it, no, the whole tradegdy in that was that the situation in Rwanda was let go without any intervention what so ever.
As for Bosnia, well the us had to step in after the Un sat by while thousand were slaughtered at Shrebaniza ( sorry about the spelling of that name but I spell those pesky foriegn woods as I hears im)
I will respect your beliefs*, I will research your beliefs, but dont expect me to believe.
* disclaimer-user makes no commitment to live up to this claim

Initiate

PostSat Jun 27, 2009 9:40 am » by Strider

I still have hope for the USA too. I think most people around the world do too. The country need not become isolationist - it simply needs to stop sending in the military as its first reaction to trouble elsewhere. You get more respect by absorbing hits and staying on your feet than by striking back in anger. WWJD

The American media has conditioned its citizens to be fearful and paranoid. I'll never forget a trip I took to NY State where I got pulled aside at the border and while waiting to see the DHS people (who let me through as they always do - because I'm just a regular guy that ran across one bad apple that entered crap to the database) I was sitting there watching CNN in the waiting-room.

So there I was watching CNN - and the tripe they had to serve that day was "your husband/wife or neighbor could be a murderer - how can you tell?". That just seemed so alien to me. Here these highly-paid talking heads were telling me that I can in no way discern if my (American) wife-to-be will murder me. This is beyond ridiculous and common fodder that Americans are fed from what I can see. Fear, uncertainty, doubt - FUD as IBM marketers branded it long ago, has gone mainstream.

Then I see the media treatment of the N. Korea thing, and it's just a case of SSDD.

Then there's the movies and Hollywood crap that alway seems to be about some guy that has to kill bad guys that do evil (and it always ends in a fist-fight where the good guy wins).

I challenge everyone: disconnect the TV, go for a while (a month or two) just being a natural person, and when you go back and see it, it looks totally alien and weird.

Just try it - you can disagree with me afterwards but not before.

Conspirator

PostSat Jun 27, 2009 9:53 am » by Aragajag

@strider
Agreed, I find hard is that Americans will come and die with the believe that they are doing is right, having said that with the media mindcontrol they are still beautiful people, I would have liked Major Pain (Will Smith?) to shoot a boogie man or two for me. I have had a few beers so dont worry about me. am on the dtv chat atm.

PreviousNext