An amazing piece of music.

Initiate

PostSat Sep 21, 2013 2:46 am » by Baboogdi

I listened to this after reading the article in DTV and the effect is quite amazing...

Upload to Disclose.tv

Conspirator

PostSat Sep 21, 2013 3:15 am » by Phoenix rising

Baboogdi wrote:I listened to this after reading the article in DTV and the effect is quite amazing...

Upload to Disclose.tv

Its all to do with frequencies that resonate with the brain, 'Binaural beats' here's an extract from wiki;

Binaural beats, or binaural tones, are auditory processing artifacts, or apparent sounds, caused by specific physical stimuli. This effect was discovered in 1839 by Heinrich Wilhelm Dove and earned greater public awareness in the late 20th century based on claims coming from the alternative medicine community that binaural beats could help induce relaxation, meditation, creativity and other desirable mental states. The effect on the brainwaves depends on the difference in frequencies of each tone: for example, if 300 Hz was played in one ear and 310 in the other, then the binaural beat would have a frequency of 10 Hz.

The brain produces a phenomenon resulting in low-frequency pulsations in the amplitude and sound localization of a perceived sound when two tones at slightly different frequencies are presented separately, one to each of a subject's ears, using stereo headphones. A beating tone will be perceived, as if the two tones mixed naturally, out of the brain. The frequencies of the tones must be below 1,000 hertz for the beating to be noticeable.

The difference between the two frequencies must be small (less than or equal to 30 Hz) for the effect to occur; otherwise, the two tones will be heard separately, and no beat will be perceived.
Binaural beats are of interest to neurophysiologists investigating the sense of hearing.
Binaural beats reportedly influence the brain in more subtle ways through the entrainment of brainwaves and have been claimed to reduce anxiety and to provide other health benefits such as control over pain.
We live a one directional life in an omnidirectional existence

Initiate

PostSat Sep 21, 2013 3:18 am » by Baboogdi

I'm sure you're right. I was very impressed by the effect though. I've tried binaural beats and the Monroe institute tapes but found this piece of music very effective.

Conspirator

PostSat Sep 21, 2013 3:30 am » by Phoenix rising

Baboogdi wrote:I'm sure you're right. I was very impressed by the effect though. I've tried binaural beats and the Monroe institute tapes but found this piece of music very effective.

I agree Binaural beats don't seem to work with me either, i think it resonates with some but not others, i think with this tune its the combination of that pulsing kick drum which is reminiscent of a heart beat, its a lovely relaxing tune :flop:
We live a one directional life in an omnidirectional existence

Initiate

PostSat Sep 21, 2013 4:02 am » by Baboogdi

My thoughts exactly as to the similarity to a human heart beat.

Initiate

PostSat Sep 21, 2013 10:17 am » by Poppa_pygar

I just like it. I've always like Synthesizer, and Mood music. "Music hath charms to the savage breast" :flop:
If you're talking behind my back, you're in a good position to kiss my ass! Image