Analysis: is Glenn Beck exploiting peoples fears?

Initiate

PostThu Sep 17, 2009 7:17 pm » by Wrathofkahn

No shit sherlock (yahoo)!
http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/20090917/u ... 9192434800

Just wanted to throw that out there as yahoo states the obvious...

Master Conspirator

PostThu Sep 17, 2009 7:51 pm » by Lowsix

Well thank god they got the racists, death panelers and Beck to absorb the attention..
Becuase if even the left realized what its going to take to pay this bill off
the anger will make that rally look like a fourth graders birthday party.

Nature abhors a vacuum..

The ironly is NOT lost on me that this is the first presidency in american history thats going to get a pass by tossing the race card, even by publically denying it..but make no mistake, its being played.

Nothing like collective race guilt and the need to laugh at people
to keep their eyes off the real issues..its profound really..

I mean even Charlie Gibson and Nanci Pelosi are afraid
to even cast a GLANCE at the Racial Beast known as Acorn.
Because its already been demonstrated what will be said about anybody that
asks the hard questions about this administration.

Shit all we gotta do is say the word Bush a few times, and give em nightmares of Sharpton protesting racial hatred brewing under the surface, and you can make almost ANYTHING go away.. Sorta like posting a few Club wielding Black Panthers at the polling place to PROVE that theres no race card being played..oh, and then putting the orders from the top down to let it go..

So when theyre comforting you and telling you everythings fine,
dont mind us angry rednecks, we couldnt possibly have a point..
its all about the Color of the Presidents skin..right?
warløckmitbladderinfection wrote:blasphemous new gehenna inhabitant makes god sad...

Initiate

PostThu Sep 17, 2009 8:18 pm » by Wrathofkahn

LowSix wrote:Well thank god they got the racists, death panelers and Beck to absorb the attention..
Becuase if even the left realized what its going to take to pay this bill off
the anger will make that rally look like a fourth graders birthday party.

Nature abhors a vacuum..

The ironly is NOT lost on me that this is the first presidency in american history thats going to get a pass by tossing the race card, even by publically denying it..but make no mistake, its being played.

Shit all we gotta do is say the word Bush a few times, and give em nightmares of Sharpton protesting racial hatred brewing under the surface, and you can make almost ANYTHING go away.. Sorta like posting a few Club wielding Black Panthers at the polling place to PROVE that theres no race card being played..oh, and then putting the orders from the top down to let it go..

I agree with the whole of that post if I interpreted it correctly...
The race card in my opinion has never been played at a bigger moment than right now. If the KKK was at said polling place, would the order to let it go still come? Its like Obama is untouchable because of his HALF ethnicity! And the blind eye to ACORN by politicians and news alike? that one i am at a loss because that could be used as a grand distraction to the health kill bill right? Sorry I am all over the place on this low, I keep going back and re reading your post to see if i caught it right...

Initiate

PostThu Sep 17, 2009 9:01 pm » by sawltydawg

LOWSIX WROTE: Nothing like collective race guilt and the need to laugh at people

hopefully (for all of us) this race card (whitesploitation) will be the one and only time they get to do this...what i am saying is hopefully after this presidential gong show..the race debt will be paid and everybody can move on.
by that time we will prob. have the amero and we Canadians get to help foot the bill.
(I'll get my checkbook) :bang; :bang; :bang; :bang;
out..cya

Initiate

PostThu Sep 17, 2009 9:12 pm » by Wrathofkahn

sawltydawg wrote:hopefully (for all of us) this race card (whitesploitation) will be the one and only time they get to do this...what i am saying is hopefully after this presidential gong show..the race debt will be paid and everybody can move on.
by that time we will prob. have the amero and we Canadians get to help foot the bill.
(I'll get my checkbook) :bang; :bang; :bang; :bang;

Never thought about the currency switch in that way. The North American Debt union... :think: :headscratch:

jetxvii

PostThu Sep 17, 2009 10:13 pm » by jetxvii

yeah because Glenn beck got 2 1/2 million people all by himself to strike the fear of god into protesting in Washington....

I agree with this post though I was just paraphrasing a recent post. Glenn beck is not a Libertarian as he claims.. you can't talk on a show about liberal or communist views and expect to still be considered a libertarian.

Whatever happened to the good old days of just being yourself hey? I am a ....... ME!

Initiate

PostFri Sep 18, 2009 12:02 pm » by Liberal

The president has never, to my knowledge, embraced the accusations of racial bias by the the right wing conservative movement. He has firmly denied that any of the opposition is racially motivated. It is not fair to just assume that he is "secretly" on board while just putting up a front. You don't know this, just as I don't know for sure that it is not true. Every person, especially the president, deserves the benefit of the doubt. Is there a particular reason you would just assume that Obama is lying about his position on race? Or is it a conclusion that will best serve your political views?

The prevalence of racial hatred is blatantly obvious is much of the ferver we are seeing toward our president. To deny its existence would be to hide from the truth. Anytime racial hatred is being used for a tool to organize groups of radical individuals it is something we should all very, very, much want to be aware of. It seems to be an issue that good people are being pooled in with the crazies and therefor being overly criticized and disrespected. I am not disagreeing with that statement, however, let me say this. If those "good people" don't want to be identified with the "fringes" why do they 1) continue to associate with those people; 2) why do the "good people" do nothing to stop the crazies from their racist, violent displays of disrespect for our president? When you stand side by side with a protester who has a picture of Obama as an African Witch Doctor, I will always, and I mean always, draw the conclusion that you, and everyone around you, support that message. Something to think about Lowsix.

LOL, Lowsix, you are getting tainted man! You know that this is a generalized blanket statement. You should know by now that we liberals copyrighted that shit years ago. You conservatives work on fear and lies, remember. lol

And the blind eye to ACORN by politicians and news alike?

wrathofkahn,
I am going to ask if you are not in the USA? The reason I ask is because that shit has been all over the news and congress has been moving a break neck speed to shut that place down. As of now ALL government funding has been pulled from Acorn. Maybe I just misunderstoond your statement. If I did, sorry.