Ancient Confession Found: 'We Invented Jesus Christ"

Initiate

PostSat Oct 12, 2013 12:15 am » by pushtone

Cia212 wrote:
Cia212 wrote:
pushtone wrote:the first Jesuit missionaries who went to China were appalled at finding (in the mythology of that country) a counterpart of the story of the virgin of Judea.

What is the source of these Jesuit missionary reports? I'd like to read them.

hello Cia.

??? .... as said:

H.H (Dean) Milman, in his History of Christianity (1840)

also see: Davis: History of China Vol. 1
Thornton: History of China Vol.1
Squire: Serpent Symbol
and....Asiastic Research

Yes, which Jesuits does he quote - I'm looking for the original sources.[/quote]

also see: Davis: History of China Vol. 1
Thornton: History of China Vol.1
Squire: Serpent Symbol
and....Asiastic Research[/quote]
Yes, which Jesuits does he quote - I'm looking for the original sources.[/quote]

Hello again Cia..... follow the trail - am taking from a book of (1890) that quotes Milman (1840) - thought your answer would most likely found amongst the others i gave, around the Asiatic Research i found - E.T Hibbert : Jesuit Adventure in China Under the Reign of Kang hsi (1655-1722)
http://journals.cambridge.org/action/displayAbstract?fromPage=online&aid=7110324

Also. L.M Brockey: Journey to the East. Jesuit Mission to China (1579-1724)
http://journals.cambridge.org/action/displayAbstract?fromPage=online&aid=1395732

good reads i'm sure.

be well.
Last edited by pushtone on Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
- - -

"If we take eternity to mean not infinite temporal duration but timelessness, then eternal life belongs to those who live in the present.

Ludwig Wittgenstein.

Writer

PostSat Oct 12, 2013 12:15 am » by Yaok

Imagine God being white, the rest of the world would be fucked because ain't no white man nothing like God nor Christ. Actually complete opposites. if you read the description of Christ in the bible, he looks nothing like that weak genetic, blue eyed devil.

Super Moderator

PostSat Oct 12, 2013 12:19 am » by Spock

Yaok wrote:Imagine God being white, the rest of the world would be fucked because ain't no white man nothing like God nor Christ. Actually complete opposites. if you read the description of Christ in the bible, he looks nothing like that weak genetic, blue eyed devil.

May you have a successful and happy existence, somewhere else.

Let me help you out the door.

Conspirator

PostSat Oct 12, 2013 12:27 am » by Fatdogmendoza

Spock wrote:
Yaok wrote:Imagine God being white, the rest of the world would be fucked because ain't no white man nothing like God nor Christ. Actually complete opposites. if you read the description of Christ in the bible, he looks nothing like that weak genetic, blue eyed devil.

May you have a successful and happy existence, somewhere else.

Let me help you out the door.

Banned?, Why?... Inciting?

Writer

PostSat Oct 12, 2013 12:31 am » by outlander-district6

Very often, when I log in, I see at the top of the page....Chat (1)........JUST WHO IN THE HELL ARE THEY CHATTING WITH???? :ohno:

Conspirator

PostSat Oct 12, 2013 12:32 am » by Temps13

hehe :playing:
Listen,I think I got it figured out,see JC was actually John Carter,a warlord on Mars.. :soundblast:
Image Image
IRMENSUL13

Conspirator

PostSat Oct 12, 2013 12:34 am » by Noentry

Bleever wrote:Nicely said.

The bible is all you have to base your faith on?

ByGrace wrote:

The Bible says you already believe in God and know of His existence. With all the vast complexities in just one human cell, this makes perfect sense. What doesn't make sense is to say that this world was created out of nothing. In fact, even labeling "nothing" with a term as nothing is a bit of a contradiction. We could go on for hours about the vast, finely turned, extreme precision programming of life for hours. The more complex it is, the more you have to give credit to "nothing." I don't know how anyone has enough faith to be an atheist.

Faith isn't some random "leap of faith." In fact, "blind faith" isn't even biblical. The Bible says we know God exists because of the testimony of creation, the inerrant nature of the bible, evidence for the flood, the incredibly vast universe, the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ, the amazing life change of the apostles and all followers of Christ AFTER the resurrection of Christ, and plenty more.

Denial of God is a result of 1) the lie satan and evil spreads through sin, 2) a lack of understanding of science, 3) suppression of moral guilt to prevent the burden of having to answer to a Holy God and plenty more.

Just because you can not explain how the universe works does not point to a God. All it means is you like the rest of us dont have a clue.

Because something is here does not mean it is here by magic.

It is normal for the follower to fill in the missing with ideas and claim it to be proof.
the universe is here so there must be a God. :think:
With that logic because we have Christmas, Santa must also be real.

not proof just opinion.
Come on lets take this discussion to a level above its standard course of its in the book.
Where is the evidence?
"The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority.
The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority.
The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking."
A. A. Milne

Conspirator

PostSat Oct 12, 2013 12:34 am » by Bleever

Now it's getting fun...next?
Jesus died our death so that we may receive His life.

Conspirator

PostSat Oct 12, 2013 12:37 am » by Noentry

Bleever wrote:Now it's getting fun...next?

Glad you are having fun, thats what its all about.

Noentry wrote:Come on lets take this discussion to a level above its standard course of its in the book.
Where is the evidence?

Well do you or dont you?
"The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority.
The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority.
The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking."
A. A. Milne

Conspirator

PostSat Oct 12, 2013 12:39 am » by Bleever

Noentry wrote:

The bible is all you have to base your faith on?

ByGrace wrote:

The Bible says you already believe in God and know of His existence. With all the vast complexities in just one human cell, this makes perfect sense. What doesn't make sense is to say that this world was created out of nothing. In fact, even labeling "nothing" with a term as nothing is a bit of a contradiction. We could go on for hours about the vast, finely turned, extreme precision programming of life for hours. The more complex it is, the more you have to give credit to "nothing." I don't know how anyone has enough faith to be an atheist.

Faith isn't some random "leap of faith." In fact, "blind faith" isn't even biblical. The Bible says we know God exists because of the testimony of creation, the inerrant nature of the bible, evidence for the flood, the incredibly vast universe, the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ, the amazing life change of the apostles and all followers of Christ AFTER the resurrection of Christ, and plenty more.

Denial of God is a result of 1) the lie satan and evil spreads through sin, 2) a lack of understanding of science, 3) suppression of moral guilt to prevent the burden of having to answer to a Holy God and plenty more.

Just because you can not explain how the universe works does not point to a God. All it means is you like the rest of us dont have a clue.

Because something is here does not mean it is here by magic.

It is normal for the follower to fill in the missing with ideas and claim it to be proof.
the universe is here so there must be a God. :think:
With that logic because we have Christmas, Santa must also be real.

not proof just opinion.
Come on lets take this discussion to a level above its standard course of its in the book.
Where is the evidence?

You do understand the burden of proof falls on you? Please tell me you at least understand that. Or you could just post another childish reply with a non relevant pic :flop:
Jesus died our death so that we may receive His life.

PreviousNext