Ancient language mystery deepens

Initiate

PostFri Aug 13, 2010 2:41 pm » by Buhdoo

otomon wrote:never even heard of the Picts.

I'm guessing.. and it is a stab in the dark lol

But I moved to Nova Scotia recently from England and I had already heard of the picts.. from what I know the Romans pushed them out of our country when they invaded. Pushed them up to Scotland and out to Wales. Anyhow,

I moved to a tiny little town in a place called Pictou county, NS. And seeing how Pictou county was the place the immigrants landed I'm guessing that's how this place got its name.

Conspirator

PostFri Aug 13, 2010 3:20 pm » by Svaha

Interesting subject.
Part of my ancestors were moors who came from (what's now) Sudan all the way up north.
Way before that was a movement from the north to the south, probably (I'm guessing) now because the land was taken over by the sea (the north sea), England was at that time no island, there was a vast land all the way up to Norway.
Follow your bliss(ters) - Joseph Campbell

Initiate

PostFri Aug 13, 2010 3:34 pm » by Pateriot

mediasorcerer wrote:
elohimscience wrote:And all this means?

it means the stereo type view that the romans brought "civilisation" to the british isles is a lie,the romans were the least civilised in many ways,crucifixations?arena slave blood sport,gladiators?adultery and poison in ruling classes,nero?etc etc,
the original inhabitants maybe didnt have so many stone buildings or structured war machines/apparatus,but there actual culture was more "civilised",but history books focus on and glorify the romans because they were the most war like,

the picts used to paint themselves blue from head to foot before going into battle,using woad,[a plant]

everybody is so focused on middle east culture and ancient history[ie jesus/bible]and in the process,we have been led to believe our own cultural heritage is not as important,thus we have been deliberately disconnected from our roots!!!
no wonder we are fukked!!!no continuity,led to believe all things pagan are evil,bad,when the opposite is true,then weve had this middle eastern cult [jesus/christian]shoved down our throats,
doesnt anyone see this as a scam???????
i like jesus and the bible,i like some of his teachings,
but why should i abandon my own heritage for this m/eastern shit???
god is god,ancestors are ancestors,and im not a traitor to mine,how about you???
if you study history and religions for long enuf,you will discover almost ALL RACES ARE MONOTHEISTIC!!!!

The Picts arose as the Roman Empire waned. Much of what they had in terms of technology and civilization was learned through centuries of interaction with Romans and those who learned from the Romans. This is not to say that there was no culture or civilization prior to the Roman invasion to the British Islands, but civilization was far less advanced.

Your comment about almost all races being monotheistic is pure horse crap! Just the opposite was true. The first major monotheistic religion that we know of was Judaism, of which Christianity was an offspring. Islam draws heavily on both Judaism and Christianity for it's beliefs and is therefore monotheistic. As these three religions currently make up much of the Worlds religious beliefs, it is true that now much of the World is monotheistic, but this was anything but true in the past.

There is good evidence that Judaism was not even monotheistic in the beginning. The Israelite God was Yhwh but he was not exclusionary of other Gods although he did hold supremecy. Evidence for this can be seen in Genesis and Exodus of the BIble.

Exodus 22, 28 reads, "Thou shalt not revile the gods, nor curse the ruler of thy people. Even in the Ten Commandments it is written that, "Thou shalt have no other gods before me", not that others were not real or should not be worshiped. However there are many other areas were it speaks of not worshipping other Gods, so Genesis and Exodus are a bit ambigous on the subject. Certainly latter on in Judaism, and by the time that it was commited to writing in it's current form, it is clearly exclusively monotheistic.

Conspirator

PostFri Aug 13, 2010 3:46 pm » by Oldsoul

Hey are you guys kidding? Look at the skilled detail...You know Harod, the "Father" of history, 5th century, went from place to place checking out the "Wonders" of the World...Alexandria's Light house, all of it. One of the most interesting reads is what he wrote about the 'dragons' he found in Arabia. All this personal verification you see, was to be able to write a book on the subject to teach by. He was considered 'honorable' and 'trustworthy' as a witness to "attest these things were so". VERY FEW had the detail of carving above and the ratio ..proportions...its done in. Thank you, I've never seen this before.

Initiate

PostFri Aug 13, 2010 4:09 pm » by Captchaos

oldsoul wrote:Hey are you guys kidding? Look at the skilled detail...You know Harod, the "Father" of history, 5th century, went from place to place checking out the "Wonders" of the World...Alexandria's Light house, all of it. One of the most interesting reads is what he wrote about the 'dragons' he found in Arabia. All this personal verification you see, was to be able to write a book on the subject to teach by. He was considered 'honorable' and 'trustworthy' as a witness to "attest these things were so". VERY FEW had the detail of carving above and the ratio ..proportions...its done in. Thank you, I've never seen this before.

Welcome back oldsoul, while u where absent from one of your
threads "divine couple" there was a bit of a ruckus' :mrgreen: (glad you misses it).

Conspirator

PostFri Aug 13, 2010 6:32 pm » by Oldsoul

captchaos wrote:
oldsoul wrote:Welcome back oldsoul, while u where absent from one of your
threads "divine couple" there was a bit of a ruckus' :mrgreen: (glad you misses it).

So I hear:) Its ok. I'll start a new thread...as soon as I get the second vid to download...Its giving me fits!

Super Moderator

PostSat Aug 28, 2010 9:07 pm » by Vulcanic

whitedeath wrote:Sorry for abandoning this after posting, I passed this article on to the site with only the basic understanding of scottish history so didn't feel I could put a personal opinion with it.
Thanks vulcanic for keeping it going and adding the videos!

:flop: n/p at all and don't sweat it ,this is how we all learn right?
HONORI­FICABILI­TUDINI­TATIBUS
Remiel
VULCANIC PNEUMONO­ULTRA­MICRO­SCOPIC­SILICO­VOLCANO­KONIOSIS

Conspirator

PostSun Aug 29, 2010 9:31 pm » by Thebluecanary

This was really cool. Thanks.
Remember, in a real conspiracy, all players are pawns regardless of their rank.
-----Christopher Hyatt

Previous