Super Moderator

PostWed Aug 19, 2009 11:53 pm » by Vulcanic

good ones guys!! :flop: your beating me to em lol keep it up great job :flop:

My YouTube Channel :

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPmp_ByJdC5zkBQQmCr7EUw

Upload to Disclose.tv

Conspirator

PostThu Aug 20, 2009 12:11 am » by Lucidlemondrop

What a long strange trip it's been..............

Super Moderator

PostThu Aug 20, 2009 12:40 am » by Slith

Sorry Lucid, no offence intended. But Abraham's penis. He did father the 12 tribes after all.

Conspirator

PostThu Aug 20, 2009 3:46 am » by Lucidlemondrop

dlslith wrote:Sorry Lucid, no offence intended. But Abraham's penis. He did father the 12 tribes after all.

It's cool dlslith, don't get the wrong impression, I am not the kind of girl who is offended by any reference made to sexuality, sheez, if you only knew me!

I only once called out "extreme" in all the time I have been here!

If I was that sensitive I wouldn't be here at all. Don't trip babe, I have a sense of humor and enjoy some bawdy comedy, I just that once thought that it was getting a bit over the top!

What about Osiris's missing penis? Lord knows if he had gotten all put back together what might have happened!
What a long strange trip it's been..............

Conspirator

PostThu Aug 20, 2009 4:56 am » by Cia212

Wonder Woman's giant boobs! Weren't they forged from clay?

Master Conspirator

PostThu Aug 20, 2009 5:55 am » by Lowsix

All monsters, all ogres, all demons and demonesses have from the beginning of man, have represented the unconscious impulses of man. The baser tendencies of mankind, be it hoarding, lusting, killing, raping, stealing, oppressing, eating, or terrorizing..

All magical weapons, amulets, potions, and charms have represented the means by which to overcome the nature of the monster of the day representing the knowledge gained from traveling to the underworld, and bringing back the boon. Generally weapons with which to subdue the great oppressors of mankind, or village or peoples..

The boon is Knowledge of our inherent immortality, often in the form of weapons etc.. which are ours to possess and exercise which we use to overcome the monsters of the subconscious. (also known as death)

The Boon, amulet, magical item et al, is ALWAYS given or granted or loaned by the helpers.. (ie the great teachers) in the form of witches who grant potions, wizards who craft weapons or spells, ones who provide secret maps, paths, directions, warnings, etc...

All of the teachers were the ones that died, and found their way back with their memory intact, to try to show us the path for which we generally and promptly kill them.
warløckmitbladderinfection wrote:blasphemous new gehenna inhabitant makes god sad...

Initiate

PostThu Aug 20, 2009 7:18 am » by Woodgod23

Hmmm How about the Golem of Prague?
Athena's loom
Vhimana
Apollo's Chariot
just a few off the top of my head

Master Conspirator

PostThu Aug 20, 2009 8:33 am » by Lowsix

Athenas loom was not a magic item for the benefit of mankind, but to signify The gods need (requirement) for submission of the humans, hence when arachne (human) produced a tapestry finer than her own..(human arrogance) she was punished..thou shalt not offend your gods. Therefore it wasnt a boon magic item, but a lesson in servility to the gods..a reinforcement tale.. (some myths say she hung herself, others say turned into a spider)

The Golem of Prague was a literary iteration and not a Magical Boon Item bestowal in the same vein as a Charm or amulet..it was created by the user, and not granted..hence not perfect in its magic and in its first telling was less a story of a magical item than a morality tale of Pride and Hubris. Where the Golem was created and used for the protection of the jews, and although many versions render the Golem as like a robot that took perfect instruction, The Rabbi attempted to destroy it by deception or trickery and it crumbled and crushed him..This was the Punishment for the arrogance of creating Life..as god, (with power to give and take life, but in an imperfect manner) but without his blessing.(other stories and versions required a holy man to be able to use the life giving qualities of the numerical hebrew alphabet to give secondary life) It powers are describes as those in the service of man, but unthinking and often unperfect, hence their secondary value to Gods creation. Their creation often symbolized a need for protection, but ultimately the Golems failed their masters, destroyed them or otherwise ran amok..Imperfection due to human pride.

**Intersting side note, ive read that certain sects of Orthadox Jews Consider America to be Their Golem..makes sense in how we are treated by them, as basically tools for their mechanizations, seeminly without any hint whatsoever of independent thought or notion of rebellion.. spooky really..

Apollos chariot was less a magical item, than an everyday item of mechanics and use put in place to describe the movement of the sun..An assignation of a celestial event coupled with an action of a god..what id call an explanation item..

The Vimanas, were likewise modes of transport, and not as such "granted items of magical value"..many precursor items referred to simply chariots and the same as Apollos chariot were used to give a a celestial event a mechanical cause with the wheel likely (but not completeley agreed upon) some interpretations to their physical description lend credence to the idea that they represent equalling a year, the 12 "fellies" (not reall sure waht that is by my various readons on it exactly) are months, and the 360 spokes are days. Various descriptions of them can be boiled down to "chariots of the gods" , more so than magical Boon items...they are mechanical in nature, and only appear magical to mankind. The more elaborate interpretations of Flyning machines are hotly debated as they simply arent mentioned int he Rigveda, but DO find mention in the mahabharata as advanced weaponry systems..(which is not debated..the language is specific) they are wheels of fire, that fire missiles of fire..some can be rendered invisible. In a famous fight scene with Kriashna, one is made invisible whereupon Krishna fires missiles or arrws at it, that home in on sound..

So i guess in ONE sense these cann be scene as Magical, since i suppose they do belong to gods, differ from human artifacts, and are contained in a mythoogy, but as to how they are granted, differ in the sense that they are not given FOR man, as most "magical Items" are. (not all of course, Im talking of generalities of common traits)

So i gues s you can class Magical Items of the Gods in one category, and items magical to man, in another... to assist in his trek through whatever underworld or through an adventure as quite another, sincee they serve very different purposes..

I took the thread to refer to somehat more earthly or human used items..to make my conclusions on their meanings..but decent examples of non man magical items..
warløckmitbladderinfection wrote:blasphemous new gehenna inhabitant makes god sad...

Conspirator

PostThu Aug 20, 2009 1:06 pm » by Ogmios

What about the arc of the covenant? Apparently a weapon of mass destruction.
"God is a concept by which we measure our pain"
John Lennon

Super Moderator

PostSun Aug 23, 2009 5:10 am » by Vulcanic

LowSix wrote:All monsters, all ogres, all demons and demonesses have from the beginning of man, have represented the unconscious impulses of man. The baser tendencies of mankind, be it hoarding, lusting, killing, raping, stealing, oppressing, eating, or terrorizing..

All magical weapons, amulets, potions, and charms have represented the means by which to overcome the nature of the monster of the day representing the knowledge gained from traveling to the underworld, and bringing back the boon. Generally weapons with which to subdue the great oppressors of mankind, or village or peoples..

The boon is Knowledge of our inherent immortality, often in the form of weapons etc.. which are ours to possess and exercise which we use to overcome the monsters of the subconscious. (also known as death)

The Boon, amulet, magical item et al, is ALWAYS given or granted or loaned by the helpers.. (ie the great teachers) in the form of witches who grant potions, wizards who craft weapons or spells, ones who provide secret maps, paths, directions, warnings, etc...

All of the teachers were the ones that died, and found their way back with their memory intact, to try to show us the path for which we generally and promptly kill them.

:flop: good post low!

do you think any of these claimed magical items existed maybe not truely magical but believed to be?

I find it weird out of the 1000's claimed magical items we don't have them today, you think 1 culture protected it and kept it but i can't seem to find 1 around today.

My YouTube Channel :

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPmp_ByJdC5zkBQQmCr7EUw

Upload to Disclose.tv

PreviousNext