Upload to Disclose.tv

Upload to Disclose.tv

“Three things can not hide for long: the Moon,the Sun,and the Truth.”

― Hermann Hesse

PostMon Nov 12, 2012 12:49 am » by Jimmyz45t

moses staff

Super Moderator

PostWed Jan 02, 2013 11:23 pm » by Vulcanic

lots of staffs qnd swords, i don't think anyone brought up Hercules arrows? they were dipped in the hydra blood wich was poison

My YouTube Channel :

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPmp_ByJdC5zkBQQmCr7EUw

Upload to Disclose.tv

Super Moderator

PostSat Jan 26, 2013 4:46 pm » by Vulcanic

anyone mention :Shield of Heracles

The Shield of Heracles (Ancient Greek: Ἀσπὶς Ἡρακλέους, Aspis Hērakleous) is an archaic Greek epic poem that was attributed to Hesiod during antiquity. The subject of the poem is the expedition of Heracles and Iolaus against Cycnus, the son of Ares, who challenged Heracles to combat as Heracles was passing through Thessaly.

To serve as an introduction, fifty-six lines have been taken from the Hesiodic Catalogue of Women. The late 3rd – early 2nd century BCE critic Aristophanes of Byzantium, who considered the Catalogue to be the work of Hesiod, noted the borrowing, which led him to suspect that the Shield was spurious.[1] The poem takes its cue from the extended description of the shield of Achilles in Iliad xviii, from which it borrows directly, with a single word altered:

Iliad 18.535–8:

Upon it Strife, upon it Uproar joined battle, upon it baneful Death,
holding one freshly wounded, another unwounded,
another she dragged dead through the battle by the foot:
she wore around her shoulders a garment red with the gore of men.

ἐν δ' Ἔρις ἐν δὲ Κυδοιμὸς ὁμίλεον, ἐν δ' ὀλοὴ Κήρ
ἄλλον ζωὸν ἔχουσα νεούτατον, ἄλλον ἄουτον,
ἄλλον τεθνηῶτα κατὰ μόθον ἕλκε ποδοῖιν·
εἷμα δ' ἔχ' ἀμφ' ὤμοισι δαφοινεὸν αἵματι φωτῶν.

Shield 156–9:

Upon it Strife, upon it Uproar rushed, upon it baneful Death,
holding one freshly wounded, another unwounded,
another she dragged dead through the battle by the foot:
she wore around her shoulders a garment red with the gore of men.

ἐν δ' Ἔρις, ἐν δὲ Κυδοιμὸς ἐθύνεον, ἐν δ' ὀλοὴ Κὴρ
ἄλλον ζωὸν ἔχουσα νεούτατον, ἄλλον ἄουτον,
ἄλλον τεθνηῶτα κατὰ μόθον ἕλκε ποδοῖιν·
εἷμα δ' ἔχ' ἀμφ' ὤμοισι δαφοινεὸν αἵματι φωτῶν,

The Iliad gives enough detail for its hearers to marvel at Hephaestus' workmanship. The Shield of Heracles piles on repetitive description, without gaining added effect:
"They were bringing the brides through the streets from their homes, to the loud music of the wedding-hymn and the light of blazing torches. Youths accompanied by flute and lyre were whirling in the dance, and the women had come to the doors of their houses to enjoy the show." (Iliad). "The men were making merry with festivities and dances; some were bringing home a bride to her husband on a well-wheeled car, while the bridalsong swelled high, and the glow of blazing torches held by handmaidens rolled in waves afar. And these maidens went before, delighting in the festival; and after them came frolicsome choirs, the youths singing soft-mouthed to the sound of shrill pipes, while the echo was shivered around them, and the girls led on the lovely dance to the sound of lyres." (Shield of Heracles).
The round shield's "whole orb shimmered with enamel and white ivory and electrum, and it glowed with shining gold; and there were zones of cyanus drawn upon it." Cyanus denotes a blue low-fired glass-paste or smalt. At the center was a mask of Fear (Phobos) with the staring eyes and teeth of a gorgon. Though Achilles' shield has nothing about it that might mar its function, the shield of Heracles is a tour de force of high relief: the vineyard has "shivering leaves and stakes of silver" and the snake heads "would clash their teeth when Amphitryon's son was fighting" and in the ocean vignette the "fishes of bronze were trembling." As for "the horseman Perseus: his feet did not touch the shield and yet were not far from it—very marvellous to remark, since he was not supported anywhere; for so did the famous Lame One fashion him of gold with his hands."

The extravagant description seems to have encouraged rhapsodes to contribute their interpolations, which have been identified and teased apart by modern scholarship.[2] Some similes may strike the careful listener as infelicitous, such as the contrast of glowering with fierce action in "fiercely he stared, like a lion who has come upon a body and full eagerly rips the hide with his strong claws..."

The popularity of The Shield of Heracles in 6th-century Athens may be assessed from instances where H.A. Shapiro detected its presence in Attic vase-painting between ca 565 and ca 480.[3] A calyx-krater by Euphronios depicting the minor episode of Heracles' combat with the Thessalian brigand Kyknos occasioned Shapiro's examination of the myth's creative reworking among Attic vase-painters, who based their imagery of Heracle's shield on the literary model. The likelihood of both oral and literary transmission during the same time is noted by Janko (1986:40).

The Shield of Heracles was first printed, included with the complete works of Hesiod, by Aldus Manutius, in Venice, 1495; the text was from Byzantine manuscripts. In modern times several papyri have offered sections of the text, notably a 1st-century papyrus in Berlin (Berlin Papyri, 9774), a 2nd-century papyrus from Oxyrhynchus (Oxyrhynchus Papyri 689), and the 4th-century Rainer Papyrus (L.P. 21–29) at Vienna. There are numerous texts from the twelfth to the 15th century.

Compare Virgil's "Shield of Aeneas" (Aeneid viii.617–731) and the much briefer description of Crenaeus' shield in Thebaid ix.332–338. Marcus Mettius Epaphroditus wrote a commentary on the Shield of Heracles in the 1st century CE.

My YouTube Channel :

Upload to Disclose.tv

Super Moderator

PostSat Jun 29, 2013 3:28 am » by Vulcanic

thor's belt of strength , could this be the same belt the amazon queen would wear?

My YouTube Channel :

Upload to Disclose.tv

PostThu Jul 04, 2013 8:20 am » by miah77

Hey there just came across this post was a fun read. I do know of a story that I was surprised hadn't mentioned yet. Now it's been a while since I've heard the story so will try my best to remember what I can.

First off this is more of a found item possibly and I don't know if it has any actual lore, although this could be what is talked about when the power crystals of Atlantis are referenced.

So what I remember in the 70s a small group of divers led be a doctor Robert Bruce or something similar to that name were out doing some rec diving. I seem to remember they were about 200 feet down, there were 4 or 5 of them and they were close to a coast, maybe Cuba's? Story goes that the doctor got separated from his friends and upon trying to find them saw a crystalline or obsidian pyramid in the distance.

He circled the pyramid until he found an opening and went inside. There were tunnels of the same material he swam through until he came into a central room. In the middle of the room was a brass pedestal with hands shaped into a bowl at the top. The hands seemed to be burned. From the ceiling of the room I believe there was a metal rod pointing down to the pedestal.

In the bowl was a round crystal ball. He supposedly grabbed it and as soon as he did he heard a booming voice in his head telling him he doesn't belong here and he got out of the pyramid with the crystal. I've heard that the pyramid us thought to get covered and uncovered at times due to storms in the region stirring up the sands.

It was made to sound as though the pyramid gathered energy and fed it through the center of the pyramid into the upper metal rod. The energy was then shot out of the rod down to the pedestal with the crystal in it. The burning was thought to be extra energy that hadn't been absorbed by the crystal after being lost to time and the ocean.

So later he discovers that the crystal seems to have all sorts of abilities, which I have for the most part forgotten but I believe it gave visions and had what was called a psychic wind sensation. What I remember most about the powers was it had the ability to heal, but with a price. It's said that what the crystal heals from one it then inflicts the next person to interact with it that affliction. This could definitely be thought of as a weapon.

I remember reading that the doctor supposedly had some type of public showings of it back in the 70s but has since taken it and himself out of the public eye and it hasn't been seen since. I don't know how much validity is in this story but I always loved this one the idea alone is great to imagine.

Conspirator

PostThu Jul 04, 2013 8:55 am » by Fatdogmendoza

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^is this what you are talking about?

http://www.mysterious-america.net/brown%27scrystal.html
Canubis wrote:slith dont b A noob.. u r my no 1 mo fo

PostThu Jul 04, 2013 9:49 am » by miah77

Fatdogmendoza wrote:^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^is this what you are talking about?

http://www.mysterious-america.net/brown%27scrystal.html

Yep that's it thank you for the link it was a great read. :D True or not still a great story and after all, ancient weapons of magic, I don't really think they could be completely proven or disproven at this point as the truth is probably lost to time. However this is an actual known object in the world today so I thought it would be a nice add to the post.

Super Moderator

PostThu Jul 04, 2013 3:59 pm » by Vulcanic

miah77 wrote:Hey there just came across this post was a fun read. I do know of a story that I was surprised hadn't mentioned yet. Now it's been a while since I've heard the story so will try my best to remember what I can.

First off this is more of a found item possibly and I don't know if it has any actual lore, although this could be what is talked about when the power crystals of Atlantis are referenced.

So what I remember in the 70s a small group of divers led be a doctor Robert Bruce or something similar to that name were out doing some rec diving. I seem to remember they were about 200 feet down, there were 4 or 5 of them and they were close to a coast, maybe Cuba's? Story goes that the doctor got separated from his friends and upon trying to find them saw a crystalline or obsidian pyramid in the distance.

He circled the pyramid until he found an opening and went inside. There were tunnels of the same material he swam through until he came into a central room. In the middle of the room was a brass pedestal with hands shaped into a bowl at the top. The hands seemed to be burned. From the ceiling of the room I believe there was a metal rod pointing down to the pedestal.

In the bowl was a round crystal ball. He supposedly grabbed it and as soon as he did he heard a booming voice in his head telling him he doesn't belong here and he got out of the pyramid with the crystal. I've heard that the pyramid us thought to get covered and uncovered at times due to storms in the region stirring up the sands.

It was made to sound as though the pyramid gathered energy and fed it through the center of the pyramid into the upper metal rod. The energy was then shot out of the rod down to the pedestal with the crystal in it. The burning was thought to be extra energy that hadn't been absorbed by the crystal after being lost to time and the ocean.

So later he discovers that the crystal seems to have all sorts of abilities, which I have for the most part forgotten but I believe it gave visions and had what was called a psychic wind sensation. What I remember most about the powers was it had the ability to heal, but with a price. It's said that what the crystal heals from one it then inflicts the next person to interact with it that affliction. This could definitely be thought of as a weapon.

I remember reading that the doctor supposedly had some type of public showings of it back in the 70s but has since taken it and himself out of the public eye and it hasn't been seen since. I don't know how much validity is in this story but I always loved this one the idea alone is great to imagine.

i think i know what your talking about, i remember the same story or similar one,, i saved the video for years,, is this what your talking about?

Upload to Disclose.tv

My YouTube Channel :

Upload to Disclose.tv

Super Moderator

PostThu Jul 04, 2013 6:06 pm » by Vulcanic

just food for thought again..

'what are the odds that every single thing in this thread is not true? that none of these objects had any power, and if that was true then how come we can't find one of these objects to prove it?

who owns them now, why are they lost to the world? could some of the elites today own any of these objects?

i think they are still around today and i think they have been hidden from the public eye for a reason, maybe because it has power or that it don't have power and want the legend to live on?

My YouTube Channel :

Upload to Disclose.tv

PreviousNext