And the bad thing would be??? Religious question of the day.

Conspirator

PostThu Apr 15, 2010 7:29 am » by Mediasorcerer

christomite wrote:I'm Agnostic myself.It allows me to not put limits on the higher,which I think is the problem.Mankind defines and teaches something is does not understand.From that comes the dischord.

good point,agreed,unknowable undefinable,unexplainable!!! those that attempt to are bullshitters.
with the power of soul,anything is possible
with the power of you,anything that you wanna do

Initiate

PostThu Apr 15, 2010 7:42 am » by Captainkarizma

the thought of god sending me to hell has had no bearing whatsoever in regard to keeping me from doing bad things even the justice system has had little impact on that fact but common sense has if i lived a life whereas I treated people wrong I would not be happy at all because most of us have a deep seeded need for acceptance and love. and if one feels he or she does not have that need then you are probably already in prison or dead :robot: this the captain speaking :badair:
:robot: this is the captain speaking :badair:

Conspirator

PostThu Apr 15, 2010 8:19 am » by Gostrider

The answer to the original question could be,

that to NOT believe in Earths definitions of God
just may even be a GOOD thing!

This short clip metaphorically describes this concept of
not needing a god and not even a guardian angel
... just yourself

The War FOR Truth began on 9112001.
"Truth Digest" http://gostrider.000a.biz/td/td.htm

Writer

PostThu Apr 15, 2010 1:01 pm » by Toxsick

LowSix wrote:
Just so you recognize that if you get rid of god so you wont have any judgement, so also you wont have any consequences for evil..barring that pesky and oh so variably applied legal system.......No final justice for the worst of the worst.

I believe a person should hold themselves in self judgement. Not to say that it works as much or as well as it should, but still. Optimally, that would be best. More "wtf am I doing, did I just do?" kinda thing. Then we could actually start thinking about our actions before we do them.

If I understand what your saying correctly, you think "evil" will just explode forth in a world without god? I don't believe that. We live in a world where god does exist (at least as far as the majority is concerned) and there is already plenty of evil afoot. If people for some reason need that unearthly type of fear to keep them from doing evil then maybe some of the penalties that exist for breaking the law should go back to the good ole days of being stretched, quartered and beheaded?

If people truly need big consequences to keep them from doing things, then the human race is not as evolved as I had hoped. As intelligent as we seem to be, we are still just as dumb. Sad really. Regardless of weather or not we can split the atom or travel into space, ect. Overall, I think it's more a question of self morality then anything else.
"If I never disappoint you, how can I surprise you?"

Writer

PostThu Apr 15, 2010 1:09 pm » by Toxsick

captainkarizma wrote:the thought of god sending me to hell has had no bearing whatsoever in regard to keeping me from doing bad things even the justice system has had little impact on that fact but common sense has if i lived a life whereas I treated people wrong I would not be happy at all because most of us have a deep seeded need for acceptance and love. and if one feels he or she does not have that need then you are probably already in prison or dead :robot: this the captain speaking :badair:

Common sense...BINGO! :cheers:
"If I never disappoint you, how can I surprise you?"

Initiate

PostThu Apr 15, 2010 2:15 pm » by Ratty

i thunk god is a vibration the same vibration that holds atoms together
without it there would be nothing no you no me no god

Conspirator

PostThu Apr 15, 2010 2:22 pm » by Nickelson

No bad thing, only positive influence.

It will free our minds and will bring us peace.

God is GOOD, but religion is BAD!

Conspirator

PostThu Apr 15, 2010 6:57 pm » by Gostrider

ratty wrote:i thunk god is a vibration the same vibration that holds atoms together
without it there would be nothing no you no me no god

:flop:
also no seen universe or unseen universe.
Sorta sounds like Gravity!
Gee where have I heard that before?
:cheers:

Conspirator

PostThu Apr 15, 2010 7:08 pm » by Lilith

I am not an atheist, but my idea of god has nothing to do with YHWH. In my eyes it is a universal energy/consciousness.

Upload to Disclose.tv

Conspirator

PostThu Apr 15, 2010 7:46 pm » by Gostrider

concrete wrote:Oh
P.S. Any idea why people keep trying to attack my computer?

Its your avatar! - M.A.D.
Massive Area Destruction target :look:

PreviousNext