And the bad thing would be??? Religious question of the day.

Master Conspirator

PostThu Apr 15, 2010 8:13 pm » by Lowsix

concrete wrote:Oh
P.S. Any idea why people keep trying to attack my computer?

Yes.

You are connected to the internet.
warløckmitbladderinfection wrote:blasphemous new gehenna inhabitant makes god sad...

Conspirator

PostMon Apr 19, 2010 8:33 pm » by Eliakim

Oh the divine certainly exists but you have to be divine to experience it.

God has a wonderful merciful face and a lovely voice.

However, he like all good dads, don't cross him.

Conspirator

PostMon Apr 19, 2010 9:26 pm » by whitedeath

bLowSix wrote:It wouldn't change a thing.

Ignorence is bliss eh?

bLowsix wrote:They could continue to believe in a wrathful lord, and feel superior to you,
and still feel that youre going to hell, and the cool part would be no god at the end
to tell them that they were wrong for persecuting you and conducting holy wars against you..And all those priests..why after all that..they get off scott free too. Oh and murderers and rapists. Free passes for everybody.

Don't be so ridiculous, as long as you live you can be punished mentally, physically & emotionally. You don't need your God for that. But you meant from the perspective of a soul?
Who said no God means no afterlife?

bLowsix wrote:Just so you recognize that if you get rid of god so you wont have any judgement, so also you wont have any consequences for evil..barring that pesky and oh so variably applied legal system. Yeah, it might get rid of holy wars to a degree, but it would also free up a lot of people to act up whereas their fear of god might have held them back. (this is of course the long term consequence of godlessness as an enlightened afterthought.)

Sure people would act up with no god, like be in a position of power and sexually abuse children...oops! Fear of god does little to nothing to stop people from being evil. They either just skew a chapter to justify what they do or pretend they are above it anyway.

The only big implication I can think of is that with no god, mankind will no longer be able to ignore things thinking that the big guy upstairs is taking care of it all in the end .
Hopefully that would lead to people taking more responsibility for their own actions, reaching out to others knowing that each and every person directly effects how others live.

eliakim wrote:Oh the divine certainly exists but you have to be divine to experience it.

You pretentious little shit, if there was a god I can't imagine it being impressed with a fucktard like you
eliakim wrote:God has a wonderful merciful face and a lovely voice.

Is that what you picture every night when you ..ruffle the sheets
eliakim wrote:However, he like all good dads, don't cross him.

If he is real & is considered a dad, he is inept at best

Conspirator

PostMon Apr 19, 2010 9:41 pm » by Mushroom

I like how you changed Lows username to emphasise your dislike for him .. I quite like the guy, but bLowDix sounds better, for future reference.

Conspirator

PostMon Apr 19, 2010 9:45 pm » by whitedeath

mushroom wrote:I like how you changed Lows username to emphasise your dislike for him .. I quite like the guy, but bLowDix sounds better, for future reference.

Oh I dont mind him, he is just so damned irritating sometimes I can't bite my tongue.
bLowDix... how did I not even see that possibility! lol
:cheers:

Master Conspirator

PostMon Apr 19, 2010 9:49 pm » by Boondox681

being that 'god' is a man-made concept,i'd have to agree with low.
it would still be monday 4.19.10
well,with maybe a little more peace and love
and definitely no killing in the name of....
"Doing stuff is overrated.Like Hitler.He did a lot.But don't we all wish he woulda' just stayed home and gotten stoned?"

Previous