And the bad thing would be??? Religious question of the day.

Writer

PostThu Apr 15, 2010 5:54 am » by Toxsick

OK, there are a lot of posts on here with religious overtones in one way or another. I see reply's from believers and non believers giving their opinions on weather or not god exists or doesn't exist. But I have a questions that I haven't seen anyone ask yet. In the interest of full disclosure, I am an Atheist. That being said my question for the sake of argument and morbid curiosity to all the believers is this. What if god didn't/doesn't exist? Your living in a world right now with no god. What would be so horrible, so wrong, so unacceptable about it? Why would it be SO BAD? And please don't reply with "why would it be so bad if he does/did exist?" as that should be the topic of another thread if someone wants to start it in the interest of staying on topic. Thank you.
"If I never disappoint you, how can I surprise you?"

Conspirator

PostThu Apr 15, 2010 6:22 am » by Gostrider

What would be so horrible, so wrong, so unacceptable about it? Why would it be SO BAD?

ITS NOT BAD
In fact it EXPANDS the mind and removes the human limitations mind set that has been culturally ingrained in most begining in childhood.

Was recently asked the question on a hospital admitance application what religion I was?
I said NONE. The computer could not accept NONE as an answer!
Thats how bad the godspell system is out there.
The War FOR Truth began on 9112001.
"Truth Digest" http://gostrider.000a.biz/td/td.htm

Conspirator

PostThu Apr 15, 2010 6:23 am » by Mediasorcerer

you are going straight to burn in hell!!! juz jokin buddy, you might start a forum war with this post , i hear you,valid question,probably impossible to answer, there are some pretty fundamental kinda attitudes here,with the operative word being"mental" it comes down to this,how do you define god? if you see it as just "energy unknown to us" then possibly god doesnt exist in the way we perceive him to, people always seem to conceive of god as a personification of personality,i have a big problem with that.
with the power of soul,anything is possible
with the power of you,anything that you wanna do

Master Conspirator

PostThu Apr 15, 2010 6:43 am » by Lowsix

It wouldn't change a thing.

Actually, for the Religious,
it would still be the second best outcome.

They could continue to believe in a wrathful lord, and feel superior to you,
and still feel that youre going to hell, and the cool part would be no god at the end
to tell them that they were wrong for persecuting you and conducting holy wars against you..And all those priests..why after all that..they get off scott free too. Oh and murderers and rapists. Free passes for everybody.

Just so you recognize that if you get rid of god so you wont have any judgement, so also you wont have any consequences for evil..barring that pesky and oh so variably applied legal system. Yeah, it might get rid of holy wars to a degree, but it would also free up a lot of people to act up whereas their fear of god might have held them back. (this is of course the long term consequence of godlessness as an enlightened afterthought.)

So yeah that sounds peachy.

No final justice for the worst of the worst.
warløckmitbladderinfection wrote:blasphemous new gehenna inhabitant makes god sad...

Initiate

PostThu Apr 15, 2010 6:53 am » by Samkenman

I'm Agnostic...meaning...I do believe in a higher power, whether it be ET's, "God" or some other power that sparked life...I don't believe in any ONE religion, but rather take them all into account and try to harness the very best from each one..

That being said.....

I'm not so sure "god" or "religion" is the real problem
The real problem is what people take from god and religion.....
There are extremes in every religion......snake handlers.....church members protesting at funerals....suicide bombers...you name it...
All those "extremist" type of people...the people that take something holy and turn it into something else based on some shady interpretation are the real problem....

I think the question "does god exist/not exist?" is irrelevant.....
The real question is.."what good things will you take/make from that god/religion?"
Take it easy...and if its easy...take it twice!!

Conspirator

PostThu Apr 15, 2010 6:58 am » by Gostrider

Yep! this topic could lead to a lot of belief systems defenses.
But being DiscloseTV, hopefully those here have more open minds than mainstream and have seen lots of contradicting views/videos on this subject here already.

Also I agree the definitions are many.
The one about gods in the bible is where I got turned off from the biblical definition.
I call it logical, intelligent common sense. "gods"???

and HELL just look at all the koas there is on this planet.
I say forget god and start taking care of your own backyard first.

I would start it off with the best one I ever heard and that would be:
"THE INFINITE INTELLIGENT MATRIX"
The War FOR Truth began on 9112001.
"Truth Digest" http://gostrider.000a.biz/td/td.htm

Conspirator

PostThu Apr 15, 2010 7:13 am » by Mediasorcerer

i have a big problem with this mentality that god judges,for me,that concept is primitive,moronic,and steeped in utter nonsense,its a way to use the best parts of esoteric teaching to manipulate and create fear ,and an attempt at blind misguided obedience,if god exists,and i feel certain that it does,its not what simple minded humans think of it to be,its not a personality that "judges" we will be judged.when the time comes,but not by the source,but by ourselves.thats why the universe operates on freewill,everywhere, there has been so much corruption of the original teachings,by wicked folks ,to manipulate the masses,but still they cling to there mentality,thats ok,go ahead,when you do finally passover,things will be not what you thought,i feel sure of this.

Initiate

PostThu Apr 15, 2010 7:19 am » by Christomite

I'm Agnostic myself.It allows me to not put limits on the higher,which I think is the problem.Mankind defines and teaches something is does not understand.From that comes the dischord.

Initiate

PostThu Apr 15, 2010 7:26 am » by Darkstar99

:twisted: There is enough Hudu.... ONLY TIME WILL TELL IF ARE STORIES ARE TRUE!!!!!!! :twisted: The intro is the best Detroit :sunny:

Conspirator

PostThu Apr 15, 2010 7:26 am » by Mediasorcerer

[quote="LowSix"]It wouldn't change a thing.

Actually, for the Religious,
it would still be the second best outcome.

They could continue to believe in a wrathful lord, and feel superior to you,
and still feel that youre going to hell, and the cool part would be no god at the end
to tell them that they were wrong for persecuting you and conducting holy wars against you..And all those priests..why after all that..they get off scott free too. Oh and murderers and rapists. Free passes for everybody.

Just so you recognize that if you get rid of god so you wont have any judgement, so also you wont have any consequences for evil..barring that pesky and oh so variably applied legal system. Yeah, it might get rid of holy wars to a degree, but it would also free up a lot of people to act up whereas their fear of god might have held them back. (this is of course the long term consequence of godlessness as an enlightened afterthought.)

So yeah that sounds peachy.

No final justice for the worst of the worst.[/quot
wow,you should be a preacher in church, yes fear has really worked over the centuries to keep people righteous, its so effective,we see fear being used today to manipulate people into killing there brothers and sisters,and to wreak havoc on the earth,on a real winner with that mentality,so your god is a little old man in the sky waiting to judge people when they die?and of course he [not she] prefers good little christians that said there prayers and confessed to jesus,they get the get out of hell card for there obedience, laughable, the meek shall inherit the earth? what do you think that rally means,

Next