Angel Moroni Visits Joseph Smith?

Initiate

PostWed Nov 11, 2009 5:44 am » by Forestgrove111

In 1823, as Joseph Smith prayed for forgiveness for his sins, he experienced a visit from a heavenly messenger. Joseph Smith said:

While I was thus in the act of calling upon God, I discovered a light appearing in my room, which continued to increase until the room was lighter than at noonday, when immediately a personage appeared at my bedside, standing in the air, for his feet did not touch the floor.

In this initial visit, Moroni explained who he was and that he was sent by God. He then continued to explain that there was a book, written on golden plates, that contained the fulness of the gospel and that God desired Joseph Smith to translate them and had prepared the means to do so. He continued to quote key scriptures from the Bible, including from the third and fourth chapters of Malachi, the eleventh chapter of Isaiah, the third chapter of Acts, the second chapter of Joel, etc. During this visit, Joseph Smith saw a vision in his mind of the location of the golden plates so that he could find them.
After delivering this message, the angel Moroni left and Joseph was pondering about the event when the angel Moroni appeared again and repeated the same message. After leaving once again, Moroni then appeared a third time and repeated the message a final time.
The next day, Joseph Smith visited the area that he had seen in vision and located the golden plates. Is Joseph Smith having a Holographic experience that is being beamed down from above? http://www.realmormonism.com/category/angel-moroni/