Anonymous Hackers Vs. Mexican Drug Cartel

Conspirator

PostTue Nov 01, 2011 12:58 am » by Freeyourmindnow

shaggietrip wrote:
freeyourmindnow wrote:
shaggietrip wrote:If it is true and they release names. How does that really hurt the cartel? It seems that it would just screw with their sheeple. Anonymous would have to hit their bank accounts and their network to do damage that may really hurt them. Eliminate the bank they use any credit cards , crash them electronically . Not just the cabbies, reporters, gov officials only. If they are going to do it then they better do it good. This may be a good exercise to see if they can do what they say. After all who will complain about taking down a drug cartel??? [Not including US gov. or Bush family :hmmm: ]

I just hope that Anonymous does not become like NASA. All hype.

:cheers:

in Mexico there is a war between 2 gangs. If the other gang know the names and addresses of zeta members :shooting: there will be blood and a lot of zeta members will be dead. :peep:

I see. Smart! Pit them against them selfs, break down the groups , little chaos. The whole place will be a war zone. Hahaha. We will see.

In 1999 the Gulf Cartel hired a group of corrupt former elite military soldiers now known as Los Zetas, who began operations as a private army for the cartel. The Zetas have been instrumental in the Gulf Cartel’s domination of the drug trade in much of Mexico and have fought to maintain the cartel’s influence in northern cities following the arrest of Osiel Cardenas. Los Zetas made a deal with ex-Sinaloa cartel commanders, the Beltrán-Leyva brothers and since February 2010 Los Zetas became rivals of their former employer/partner, the Gulf Cartel.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexican_Drug_War

yes very smart, it is too smart actually :think:

Conspirator

PostTue Nov 01, 2011 6:23 am » by Freeyourmindnow

Initiate

PostTue Nov 01, 2011 6:31 am » by Serendipity

Anonymous is the closest thing we have to an effective army so far. I worry about how we can authenticate the Anonymous transmissions as coming from them, but I must confess it puts a lump in my throat to see someone doing something about it.Taking on a drug cartel for revenge is a bit over the top if you ask me, unless the A member was taken because he/she was an A member.
Does anyone have any info on why the person was snatched??
One person CAN make a difference!- the Spirit of Mohamed Bouazizi

Conspirator

PostTue Nov 01, 2011 6:44 am » by Freeyourmindnow

serendipity wrote:Anonymous is the closest thing we have to an effective army so far. I worry about how we can authenticate the Anonymous transmissions as coming from them, but I must confess it puts a lump in my throat to see someone doing something about it.Taking on a drug cartel for revenge is a bit over the top if you ask me, unless the A member was taken because he/she was an A member.
Does anyone have any info on why the person was snatched??

The kidnapped Anonymous member’s name has not been made public, but the member is believed to have been taken during a street protest in the Mexican state of Veracruz.

zetas are really bad ass gangsters :look: he is probably already dead. this is going to be interesting

Initiate

PostTue Nov 01, 2011 7:00 am » by Serendipity

Quote:
The kidnapped Anonymous member’s name has not been made public, but the member is believed to have been taken during a street protest in the Mexican state of Veracruz.

...Yeah..so it looks like the person wasn't specifically targeted..um...makes Anonymous look a bit..irresponsible in my book...I mean unless they already have it in for those guys..I think it will turn out to be only a threat if they discover their friend is dead..otherwise it becomes pointless revenge...or maybe they are protecting the protesters down there? :think:

Conspirator

PostTue Nov 01, 2011 8:41 am » by Freeyourmindnow

serendipity wrote:Quote:

...Yeah..so it looks like the person wasn't specifically targeted..um...makes Anonymous look a bit..irresponsible in my book...I mean unless they already have it in for those guys..I think it will turn out to be only a threat if they discover their friend is dead..otherwise it becomes pointless revenge...or maybe they are protecting the protesters down there? :think:

i think they are trying to protect the protesters. we will see, Saturday November 5th:look:

Initiate

PostSat Nov 05, 2011 12:28 am » by Serendipity

Hey they let him go! :mrgreen: :banana: :cheers:

Conspirator

PostSat Nov 05, 2011 12:40 am » by Nakchopoe

serendipity wrote:Hey they let him go! :mrgreen: :banana: :cheers:

They did? You got a link to that?
:)

"You watch television to turn your brain off and you work on your computer when you want to turn your brain on."
- Steve Jobs, co-founder of Apple Computer and Pixar

youtube.com/watch?v=nLsCC0LZxkY

Initiate

PostSat Nov 05, 2011 12:43 am » by Serendipity

Check new thread "Anonymous and the Zetas Cartel Declare a Truce"

Conspirator

PostSat Nov 05, 2011 1:30 am » by Shaggietrip

Member of Anonymous released by violent Mexican drug cartel after viral video threat

he hacktavist collective Anonymous has cancelled Operation Cartel after a member that was allegedly abducted by a Mexican drug cartel was released Thursday, the group's longtime public face announced in an online post.

Barrett Brown claimed the organization had 25,000 emails stolen from the Mexican government that proved collusion with the Zetas cartel, blamed for dozens of deaths in the drug war gripping the Veracruz region of Mexico, Gawker reported Thursday. From those e-mails, the group says it compiled a list of 75 Zetas accomplices, which Anonymous threatened to expose.

However, after the unidentified member reportedly had been freed, Brown claimed that the e-mails would be handed over to him instead and the hackers would back down.

"Anything that proceeds from now on is my own work, and not that of Anonymous," he wrote.

Brown later added that the names of the alleged accomplices would not be released.

"As the Zetas left a note with the person threatening to kill ten civilians for every name published, none of us will be proceeding with those particular names."

The status of the overall operation, however, remains unclear.

A website that claims to be associated with Anonymous corraborates Brown's claim that names will not be released but other online posts are claiming that it will go forward.

The operation began in October when an Anonymous member had allegedly been captured in Veracruz by the Zetas.

In a online video, Anonymous demanded the release of the member, threatening to release the information of the cartel's supporters.

After reports that the group briefly called off the operation, Brown, who has spoken on behalf of Anonymous in the past, came forward and said that operation would proceed.

Now Brown said he would be going after other cartels with the help of some media outlets and anyone willing to offer assistance.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/m ... z1cmZQkFER

Source: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/member-anonymous-released-violent-mexican-drug-cartel-viral-video-threat-article-1.972507?localLinksEnabled=false

ImageImage
Star watchers,Sun,Moon or just space in interest. https://www.darkskywatcher.com/dsw74.html

PreviousNext