Another dumb idea!

Master Conspirator

PostMon Apr 20, 2009 12:25 pm » by Cornbread714

OK, I've got another hare-brained (apologies, DR...) scheme.
I was idly thinking (again!! I know: idle hands = Devil's workshop) about all of us here and the group dynamics and the heavy topics we discuss and I was just imaging a little short story with all of us as characters in it. Something along the lines of us somehow having all gotten together for a DiscloseTV conference, when Blammo!, the shit hits the fan.
Maybe a solar flare, whatever, but something that knocks out the grid worldwide.
Suddenly the world is in chaos and we've only got each other and we have to depend on each other to survive.
I was imagining the story would have a lot of humor (how could it not, with all of us as characters?), but would be a semi-serious tale.

The only problem is I'm too lazy to write it.

But then I thought, hey, why not make it one of those stories where everyone contributes to it - a few sentences or paragraphs each, like some of you may have done before in a creative writing class.

This could be a really bad idea but it might be fun, if anyone's interested.
I'll start it off and if anyone wants to pick it up, feel free. I'm hoping it won't get mean, that's why it might be a bad idea, but I think it would be fun to poke a little fun at each other and make up a silly story with a lot of elements from the typical forum topics.
(It should have lots of action, and maybe some sex...)
OK, here goes:

The group sat around the makeshift campfire looking dazed but at the same time warily watching each other, while eating. Spock paced nervously, wondering why he had been voted the leader. "Is it just because I brought the most guns?", he mused, "or is it my rugged good looks?"
Cornbread could hear Mep and Pindz off in the distance, shooting at everything that moved. Were they really the best choices for the first watch? They did seem eager, though, to defend us against...what?, he wondered. An involuntary shudder shook his body, and he wrapped the sheet of bubble wrap he had found more tightly around him, trying not to pop any more of the bubbles which the others seemed to find alarming and mostly annoying. He wondered what would happen when he had to lay down on it to sleep, as it was looking like it would be his bed for the night.
Drextin looked at the other dirty, tired faces around the fire. Everyone looked like they were in a state of partial shock, the girls all sat together, casting dark suspicious glances at anyone who happened to look in their direction. It was starting to drizzle and he saw flashes in the distance that he hoped were lightning...

Well, you get the idea. Anybody want to take it up from there?
Where's the beer and when do I get paid?
- Jimmy Carl Black (the Indian of the group)

Writer

PostMon Apr 20, 2009 1:06 pm » by Drdsturbed

I sat in the damo, cool evening air looking around at everyone. I realized though we were all very different, especially cornbread, where did he come up with that name? we were all very much alike. We all had our own fears and distrusts, but we also had our strengths as well.I could hear Mep and Pindz shooting at something or nothing, I don't know.Bawdiemaude is sitting by herself staring at everyone, She scares me but she is a pretty lady. I think Slushpup, cornbread, and Drex are planning something so I'll see if they could usre some help.

Master Conspirator

PostMon Apr 20, 2009 1:22 pm » by Cornbread714

After a lengthy discussion, towards which Slush had contributed an exhaustive amount of info and evidence, Eaganthorn suggested everybody should get some sleep.
The exhausted crew fell immediately into a deep slumber, when they were suddenly awakened by popping, crackling and screams.
Cornbread's bubble-wrap blanket had caught fire from his efforts to keep his feet warm.
He finally collapsed a few feet away from camp after everyone threatened to kill him if he didn't pipe down, whimpering softly until dawn and muttering, "I'll show them...".

(Just to show I'm a good sport, we can make Cornbread a pathetic, sniveling villain)
Last edited by Cornbread714 on Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Master Conspirator

PostMon Apr 20, 2009 1:53 pm » by Cornbread714

To everyone's further amazement Angelina shouted "I'm here for Cornbread!"
"None of the rest of you have anything to do with this, so back off."
BawdieMaude, in one swift and fearsome motion resembling both Kung Fu and
an old dance step called the Funky Chicken, knocked Angelina on her ass, and with her foot firmly planted on her throat, said, "Nobody, but NOBODY tells me what to do, got it sister?"

Conspirator

PostMon Apr 20, 2009 2:18 pm » by Drextin

Drextin sat shivering. It wasn't the night air that set his skin trembling in waves. No, Drextin was remembering a few weeks back when he had scoffed at the idea that such events could happen. How could he have been so wrong? How could wikipedia have led him down the wrong path?

He stopped shivering as the warmth from his on anger took over his body. He jumped to his feet, grabbed the only thing he had brought with him.....his trusty video camera and proclaimed. "I'm not going to just sit here while the world burns! I'm taking my camera and I'm going to show everyone what is happening!".

The others are silent as they exchange puzzled glances. "What?" Drextin asks. Spock steps forward. "Drex, I think the world knows what is happening by now. And if they don't I doubt anyone still has a working tv." Drextin looks at his camera. "Oh....yeah.....right".

It's at this very moment that Drextin wishes he had grabbed a butcher knife instead of his camera. Or at least a ham sandwich.

"You can film me good looking" Drextin turns to see Angelina striking a pose. He rolls his eyes and walks away. "Shut up lips" He mutters.
I am a nightmare walking, psychopath talking
King of my jungle just a gangster stalking

Master Conspirator

PostMon Apr 20, 2009 3:44 pm » by Cornbread714

Just at that moment LowSix yelled out, "Hey guys! I don't think those flashes were lightning. Look!"
Everyone turned in horror towards the sky to see a sight that would haunt them to their very graves. No one could speak at all for a moment, then DrJones said "I knew I was right the whole time."

Super Moderator

PostMon Apr 20, 2009 3:50 pm » by Spock

In a burst of terror DarkPlanet exploded from the edge of the woods. Running, mad with adrenaline, he collapsed in front of the small camp fire, which by this time was down to glowing embers.

"They're here, it's too late!" he managed to form the words. "Eye's, I could see their eyes."

CornBread and Drex drew their weapons and aimed into the blackness near the south. Lainn, dressed in a shoe-string and armed with a whip, took up post covering the north.

Slush helped administer DarkPlanets thorazine, enabling him to relax in spite of the impending invasion. He sucked his thumb, cooing to a re-run of Rush Limbaugh on his iPod and slipped off into the dreams of children.

Unable to keep his eyes off Angelina's ass, Spock fumbled to put a final round in his magazine.

The air was crisp; delicious. Hauntingly familiar. They waited...

Conspirator

PostMon Apr 20, 2009 4:05 pm » by Drextin

Angelina words cut through the night air and the rising tension.....

"Hey if you guys die can I adopt your children?"
I am a nightmare walking, psychopath talking
King of my jungle just a gangster stalking

Master Conspirator

PostMon Apr 20, 2009 4:05 pm » by Cornbread714

The giant chem-trail loomed closer in the sky. It was the mother of all chem-trails, an ugly poisonous cloud that was spreading rapidly through the atmosphere.
"Don't worry" shouted LowSix, "it can't be a chem-trail. It just must be a mega-contrail."
Panic was starting to break out in the camp, Spock wondered if he should shoot somebody just to show he was in charge. "Nah,", he thought, "I'll get Slush to do it for me."

Super Moderator

PostMon Apr 20, 2009 4:17 pm » by Spock

The ropes that kept BobbieInEdmonton bound were starting to get sore on his wrists. Hesop had hog-tied him earlier for running around in his cotton briefs trying to tap people on the forehead. Bobby had changed a great deal since Lainn came around. She was the only woman that gave him a warm sensation on the inside of his thighs. But he still had his moments. Everyone liked Bobby, but after a half a beer he tried to turn wherever he was into the Blue Oyster Bar.

As the massive contrail slowly drifted to the ground, lowering the ceiling, a hum vibrated up from the woods, just past their vision.

Cornbread wiped his tears, he craved the sun, if for just one more day.

Next