Any readers out there? Need advice!!

Writer

PostThu Aug 18, 2011 1:45 am » by Thirdwar

I notice that it's too hard for me, day after day, to sit down with a book and read. I think it's mainly because I spend so much time on the computer, that my focus gets destroyed. I'm "obsessed" with knowledge, if that's even the right word for it, and I want to learn as much as I can, but it's so hard for me to read books more often.

Should I just quit going on the computer, and take up reading instead?
Check me out if you like underground conscious hiphop - http://www.youtube.com/OfficialThirdWar

Super Moderator

PostThu Aug 18, 2011 1:52 am » by Slith

Funny you should bring this up. I've recently gone back to reading. I'm currently reading Dan Brown's "The Lost Symbol" Very in tune to what I enjoy on here. I've cut back my time on here quite a lot. I think you can come to a balance between the two.
Reading a book for me, is separating myself from the populace. You and the book. One opinion...yours, as opposed to facing many opinions....here. It's a good way to escape IMO

marnysad wrote:How to Pee a Brain Injury Rectification Involve Brain hurt

Conspirator

PostThu Aug 18, 2011 1:58 am » by Rydher

The 5000 Year Leap is a good read.

Super Moderator

PostThu Aug 18, 2011 2:13 am » by Troll2rocks

The Dark Tower saga (Stephen King)

Who Goes There (John W Campbell) - Original Story on which THE THING was based

The Strain (trilogy) Written by Guilermero Del Toro and Chuck Hogan

Insomnia (Stephen King - Dark Tower semi prequel)

Rama (saga) written by Arthur C Clarke (serious science told as narrative on what it would be like to make first contact with another species) - trust me, people here would love it. A derelict spaceship is discovered and entered only what they find inside is not what you may expect. and thats just book one,

Many more great works out there too.
Censorship debunking & disinformation, it's all in a days work.

Conspirator

PostThu Aug 18, 2011 2:15 am » by Rydher

If you're looking for things kinda out in left field. A good entertainment read is - Revelations: Alpha and Omega. It ties, the Bible, Mayans, Hopi, Hindu, Indian, American Indian, Ancient astronaut theory into an entertaining but well done read. It's written in a screenplay format so it's not like reading a regular book.

If you're wanting something a bit more serious. Flying Saucers: A modern myth of things seen in the skies by CG Jung is.... interesting to say the least.

If you're wanting to stay away from topics related to this site. The new book Michael Vey - The Prisoner of Cell 25 by Richard Evans really is all it's hyped up to be.

Conspirator

PostThu Aug 18, 2011 4:09 am » by Hansom

thirdwar wrote:Should I just quit going on the computer, and take up reading instead?

It may help to read some books on your computer.
It can be just as fulfilling as the real deal, seeing as the content isn't any different.
Just the format it is presented.
Search for PDFs or ebooks.
In Lak'ech

May the force be with you, always.

Conspirator

PostThu Aug 18, 2011 4:36 am » by Zer0

Nah bro reading is like from the middle ages... we live in the 21st Century, pretty soon you are going to be able to download data directly into your brain, thus reading will be completely useless. If you want to get smarter simply stop having two hours masturbation sessions and watch a documentary instead.
Master Raphael wrote:what you call the law of attraction was missing a vital aspect to the theory that I call the law of repulsion ...it is clear I drove the two of you together...using my repulsion not attraction

Writer

PostSat Aug 20, 2011 9:32 am » by Thirdwar

Bump
Check me out if you like underground conscious hiphop - http://www.youtube.com/OfficialThirdWar

Conspirator

PostSat Aug 20, 2011 9:44 am » by Hansom

Reading helps keep your objectivity, as the process takes some considerable effort.
Both in production and consumption, therefore more emphasis is put into content than style.
A caveat though, this is not always the case, discernment is warranted.
In Lak'ech

May the force be with you, always.

Conspirator

PostSun Aug 21, 2011 11:36 pm » by Rydher

If anyone is interested in the 5000 year Leap. You can go here, http://www.wakeupsaints.com/truth/W.%20Cleon%20Skousen%20-%20The%205,000%20Year%20Leap.php to download an audio version. It's broken down by chapter but I have to warn you the reader is a bit droll.