Anyone up for some nerdy space talk?

Initiate

PostSun Oct 25, 2009 1:19 am » by Sceptilief

DTV seems like a good place to discuss space, considering all the topics discussed here have a direct relation to our futures in space...

I'm very much into all things space. I love most Sci-Fi space movies and shows, especially Star Trek (Favs: Next Generation, Voyager, and the film First Contact). On top of that, I've spent the past three years putting designs and ideas for our space future on paper, and I bought the domain spacerevolution.org (which is still under construction, and in need of a sponsor host).

In my opinion, if the world took all of it's war budgets and re-allocated it towards building star ships (not rockets), we as a species would actually get somewhere with ourselves. I also find it annoying that the majority of our current space exploration is done with robots and computers; in my humble opinion, humans should be out there seeing what needs to be seen with our own eyes and brains. If we were exploring Mars in person, I think we'd actually find some answers that no probe can provide (because it can't think).

It is also important that for us to demolish and remove power from the elite (Powers That Be) if we are to get anywhere in space. This means that we need to realize that space cannot be claimed by any single nation or country. That space is sovereign to all humans and life of Earth. As it currently stands, there exists a huge risk to all humans from space based attacks, and that's one of my main reasons for revolution against our current government systems.

But yeah, awhile ago a bunch of us started talking space in another thread, and I would like to get back into it. Like what kind of ships can we build with current technology? What kind of ships would we need to crack open the limits our limited space exploration? Can we do better than using rockets to move construction materials into orbit? What kind of computing will we need for star ships? etc. etc.

Let's just talk about getting into space.

This is the direction I am going with spacerevolution once it's finally built.
23:59;01

Initiate

PostSun Oct 25, 2009 10:34 am » by Jon1313

currently our method of space travel........sucks

hears why
we dont know any thing about the universe or it nature abd we havent yet begun to conduct the BIG experaments . I dont know what any of the big exparaments are , but i bet the LHC ( Large Hadron Collider )is going to be the first piece of technology to be able to conduct them I think we should turn that thing on as soon as posible no matter what the risks are the the abillaty to harness the power of the atom beyond nuclear wepons will be essential for space travel

If wecould create a series of rapidly disolving atom black holes ( there not really black holes or as big as an atom there just one dimentional points) each producing a tiny bit of energy but in succesion producing a unlimited amount of energy because you wont likley run out of atoms

BUT the other scenario for the LHC and the big experaments is we unknowingly create the doomsday bomb and send our selves strait to hell
If we do nothing our space travell will never "take off" and our populatoin will increase biger wars will be waged over fewer resources and we will never get off this rock and will eventually go extinced

just a little scientific ramble :flop:

Initiate

PostSun Oct 25, 2009 11:51 am » by Sceptilief

Completely agree with the LHC.... That thing is going to open up a whole new set of textbooks for us to write.

My only qualm is that I don't believe it should be tested on Earth. Unfortunately, that is where it is going to be fired up because of our lack of a decent footprint in space, but for many of our future experiments, we'd be far better off conducting them far away from the planet. Because at some point we'll have to develop Anti-Matter engines or an equivalent energy source, and we'll have to develop gravity (generators and anti-generators) technology, as well as warp technology. All of which are too risky to conduct in our only sustainable habitat.

Conspirator

PostSun Oct 25, 2009 2:42 pm » by Ogmios

Great post. I agree with you. We should be channelling all of our energies and resources into getting out there.

Rather than this firing of crappy little rockets from Earth, we should attempt to build a kind of giant lead wrapped juggernaut in orbit so we didn't have to try and move it off the ground. It would be run on nuclear power of course and would contain a huge hydroponic deck to provide a recyclable supply of food which could not run out. I'm sure there'd be plenty of willing astronauts. I don't know how you'd propel the thing though. New technology would be needed, something like the warp drives so favoured in sci-fi movies.
"God is a concept by which we measure our pain"
John Lennon

Initiate

PostSun Oct 25, 2009 10:28 pm » by Sceptilief

True, any ship that would be capable of long term long range travel should be built in orbit. To build a huge ship and try to launch it off the surface just wouldn't work at this time.

However, I am working on an idea that it is desperate need of being prototyped. From my initial math on this 'invention', I can theoretically start with cargo loads of approximately 200 Tonnes (200,000 kg - 220 Tons) in a single launch, using a cargo deck as opposed to a cargo bay. This would be the equivalent of around 10X the payload capacity of current rocket technology, and my initial calculations would put the cost at around 1/10th of the price per kg to reach orbit (this calcualation is without accommodating my belief in the dissolution of money at some point in the future).

If this thing is possible the way I envision it, building these large vessels in orbit becomes immediately accessible. But more on Large Vessels with Large Crews in another post.

Space Hotels:
For now I've been thinking greatly about the Space Hotels currently on drawing boards around the world as a great place to start as a cooperative between private tourism industry and space construction industry. If we are to start any major construction project in orbit, it is obvious that the construction teams would need a place to room and board while working in the void of space. Currently, to my understanding, the designs currently being put together will only accommodate the tourism side of the industry, so the push must be made to build these hotels as multi-purpose I believe.

And I'm going to put in a shameless self pitch for spacerevolution.org here. Proceedings are in the infant stage to set up the Space Revolution Foundation as an International Non-Profit organization with glass walls, where all decisions are made online through voting systems, making it accessible to all humans and controlled by all humans. However, right now I am desperately seeking out people like myself - not enough formal education or family ties to be included in the worlds space programs - to volunteer their skills. While there will be many skills needed in the future from many people, my main concern is with building the web site to start. So, if anyone with the skills is interested in taking part, please let me know here or through a private message, and I will immediately put you to work. :cheers: Again, I am not doing this for profit. I am doing it because I personally want to be a space explorer by the time I'm 50, and it's just easier to build a new world space program than go back to school (where I would be required to learn things that cannot be learned on the surface).

Conspirator

PostSun Oct 25, 2009 11:14 pm » by Badger

Hi there,
The waste of energy the comes with using rockets to blast payloads into space has definitely had its day and needs to be replaced. The posible alternatives are the space elevator

Upload to Disclose.tv

or using the advanced anti-gravity drive.

Upload to Disclose.tv

check out alienscientist on youtube as he has thoroughly researched this subject and comes up with some possible routes for research.

Writer

PostSun Oct 25, 2009 11:55 pm » by Dmparker

The US government is developing new engines now. Do some research on David Adair to see what I'm talking about. Here's a link to get you started. http://www.greatdreams.com/david-adair.htm

Conspirator

PostMon Oct 26, 2009 12:03 am » by Badger

I've seen a couple of interviews with David Adair, very intelligent guy. However as he has worked for the US Gov. I bet they'll take a nice slice out of anything he developes. what the engineering field needs is companies independant of governments to take on some of those research projects. Of course the big issue is research costs and any investors are going to want a return on that. This is why we will always live under capitalist rule, humans are just to greedy.

Conspirator

PostMon Oct 26, 2009 11:19 am » by Ogmios

What about a non-military,non-political world space agency? The idea of nations with independent programmes raises the prospect of a war for supremacy as technology develops. Or maybe it would be better to have wars in space out of the way of innocent civilians.
"God is a concept by which we measure our pain"
John Lennon

Initiate

PostMon Oct 26, 2009 11:49 am » by Astrodicted

My 2cents
"They" know the technology and with they i mean the army.2 Give example->Biefeld-brown effects aka lifter technology(1).It's over 80years old and "they"' claim it doesnt work in a full vacuum.All mega mega BS proven by independent labs including nasa(2).There even was a "mythbusters" episode 2 show it didnt work.Funny thing is,when i went on discovery forum 2 explain their mistakes and the links 2 decent research... banned immediately

(1)

Upload to Disclose.tv

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crCiO367XEQ read the comments or talk 2 beamshipcaptain if interested in the subject.That guy(he's a professor)is a walking library

(2)Nasa vid proving that it works in full vacuum aka space

Upload to Disclose.tv

Google:
Nasa Patent US 6,317,310
Nasa Patent US2002012221
(arnt allowed 2 use them,thx 2 ze army)

There's more,lots more but i dont have much time atm