Are Cities the cause of destruction of advanced cultures

Conspirator

PostThu Dec 19, 2013 12:21 am » by Toxic32

Are Cities the cause of destruction of advanced cultures. In the past when a civilization reaches the point where it could build large cities within a few hundred years that culture seems to destroy its self. Just look around as we do at the cultures that have literally come and gone. The rudiments are still here but the driving force where ever that came from has gone like a thief in the night. Look after your villages respect your towns but dismantle your cities and protect your boarders. That seems to be the lesson from history.
I question everything. I don't believe anything I'm told or anything I see. Prove it, or fuck off. And that's not me I see in the mirror in the morning.

Conspirator

PostThu Dec 19, 2013 1:50 am » by Thebluecanary

I think there's something to that. I wonder, though, if it has something at least to do with the building of large cities being something that of itself implies the existence of a ruling elite? Most ancient cities (at least if you believe they were built by conventional means) required such a concerted effort of labor that the existence of some ruling class that was able to organize the building of such things through complete control of the population would be absolutely necessary. That also implies a definite centralized religion, usually. I wonder if they're all like the Aztecs…burning up their resources in religious worship and the building of infrastructure until the city itself becomes unable to support itself and collapses?
Remember, in a real conspiracy, all players are pawns regardless of their rank.
-----Christopher Hyatt

Conspirator

PostThu Dec 19, 2013 2:48 am » by Harbin

Perhaps cities are NOT the sign of an advanced culture. Could be that cities are built by mislead and/or errant ideas amongst a population. Everything socially bad seems to emerge from the city all the vices come to full fruition, diseases both physical and mental seem most acute in urban settings. So, we look at some ruins and think, "There was a great civilization here.", but maybe our thinking was wrong, maybe it was not great, perhaps it was evil. All empires run on the evils of slavery, the bottom of the labor pyramid being rotten can't possibly support the upper layers forever.

Take that Golbeke Tepe over there in Turkey. That was painstakingly buried for some reason. We could be unearthing something that shouldn't be uncovered.
Antiwar.com

Conspirator

PostThu Dec 19, 2013 3:00 am » by Harbin

An opinion as to why cities/civilization is against gods law.

Upload to Disclose.tv

Antiwar.com