Are Mexican Drug Cartels Our Responsibility?

Initiate

PostThu Jun 16, 2011 3:40 am » by Thedude69

Kidnap Victims Forced Into Gladiator-Style Death Fights by Mexican Drug Gangs

MEXICO CITY -- Mexico's most feared drug cartel was already known for beheading, quartering and even cooking its enemies, in the brutal narcotics war gripping the country.

Now the Zetas gang is said to have created a new gladiator-like sport where innocent kidnap victims are forced to fight to the death, according to sources cited by The Times of London on Wednesday.

Members of the cartel are said to have dubbed the sadistic spectacle "Who wants to be the next hitman?"

Victims are armed with hammers and machetes and goaded into fighting for their survival and the chance to work as assassins. The alleged practice has been linked to mass graves where the remains of more than 400 people have been unearthed in recent months.

"We've been given several suggestions that this kind of activity happens," a source at the US Drug Enforcement Agency told The Times.

A source with links to the drug trade said he had heard detailed accounts of the new blood sport. "The violence has reached such a level, even the gangsters are getting sick of it," he added.

Mexico's northern border regions have suffered an explosion of violence as government forces battle the Zetas -- a drug gang formed in the 1990s by former soldiers -- and their former bosses, the powerful Gulf cartel, in a three-way war.

The conflict has claimed nearly 35,000 victims in the past five years, according to official figures, but the true toll may never be known. Since 2006 at least 5,300 Mexicans have disappeared. Witnesses have reported seeing large groups of people being snatched from intercity buses by gangs who appear to act with impunity.

Some kidnap victims have had one hand handcuffed to a car steering wheel, and a gun placed in the other, to be sent on murder missions. Others have been found hanged in the streets. Most of 200 bodies discovered in mass graves in the northeastern state of Tamaulipas were of victims apparently killed with sledgehammers or burnt alive.

A report in the Houston Chronicle, which drew on an account from an anonymous drug runner, said: "The elderly are killed. Young women are raped. And able-bodied men are given hammers, machetes and sticks and forced to fight to the death."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/06/15 ... z1PL9YMcEi

Drug cartels weapons traced to U.S.
http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/06/14/mexico ... hpt=hp_bn1

===========
As an example of man's inhumanity to man these guys take the cake. They are bringing drugs into Mexico to distribute across the United States which is the world's largest market for illicit drugs. The guns they use to fight each other, the police and now the Mexican army are mostly supplied by the illegal gun trade here in America. It's all for us it seems.

Where does our responsibility begin and end in this mess? We are throwing money at the problem which seems to be the American way and as usual it highly ineffective. Should we be involved militarily? Should we aim some drones at these guys like we do in Pakistan and Yemen? Would we need boots on the ground eventually if we did? Is it strictly mexico's problem? If so.....the Mexican government isn't winning the war against these guys. What is our neighbor to the south becomes a "narco-state"? Things could be worse than they are now. If the people in the house next door to you were selling guns and drugs would you do something about it? If so...what's the difference?

Mexico is the chief supplier of two things that are splitting our society right down the middle. Drugs and illegals. What are we going to do about it and when?

If you are going to buy Drugs...Buy American! Get Kind Bud, that ALWAYS comes from the USA or Canada. If you Smoke Ditch Weed you are supporting these animals!

Conspirator

PostThu Jun 16, 2011 4:32 am » by Reinaul

kill the illegals and make a wall and conquer Mexico they deserve it military speaking
“The important thing is not to stop questioning.”
-Albert Einstein

Be Your Own Messiah

Conspirator

PostThu Jun 16, 2011 6:00 am » by 99socks

reinaul wrote:kill the illegals and make a wall and conquer Mexico they deserve it military speaking

:shock:
http://www.thedailysheeple.com/obamas-doj-silent-as-new-black-panthers-leader-incites-violence-in-ferguson_082014

I can't speak about how much of the Constitution is in effect anymore... But thank God we still somewhat resemble a Republic and not a democracy!

Conspirator

PostThu Jun 16, 2011 6:08 am » by Epicfailure

reinaul wrote:kill the illegals and make a wall and conquer Mexico they deserve it military speaking

God Damn!?

Conspirator

PostThu Jun 16, 2011 6:12 am » by 99socks

I think you need a hug today. :hugging:
http://www.thedailysheeple.com/obamas-doj-silent-as-new-black-panthers-leader-incites-violence-in-ferguson_082014

I can't speak about how much of the Constitution is in effect anymore... But thank God we still somewhat resemble a Republic and not a democracy!

Conspirator

PostThu Jun 16, 2011 6:34 am » by Mochon

what does this remind me off..... :think: :think: :think: :think:

@thedude

Well this hasnt been on the news about it but the web is full of this story....

I live in mexico and let me tell u militarilly there cant be intervention,even if some would support it since the whole system from head to toe is corrupted.but there is to much pride when it comes to the us around here,i mean man,im sure u heard of "el chapo" guzman,they know were this dude is,the atf and dea know where he is and most important..the mexican military knows about that too,they were informed. a drone strike sounds fucking good.this guy they claim cannot be approached cause hes got not only a fortress type of hideout but he also has got a whole town watching his back,i mean he is loved there,he takes care of people helps the community etc etc so thats why they say they cant just go there since he would quickly now and escape....i mean they r miltary people taking care of this,and im amazed they cant even figure out escape routes and contigencies.i dont belive its the us responsability at all,its the mexican people responsabilitie,saddly people is afraid to stand up to this jerks since the govt has got their back,the police over here,well u better be careful of policeman,specially if u get cought commitin a minor felony,or even doing nothing.....
what should concern u guys is that there is a lot of fucking people who can breach ur borders everyday,i dont know how the fuck they do it but i know what they go through to get there since some of them come alll the way from el salvador or honduras....its a long fucking road trip dude...hidden,abused..hungry thirsty...those people go thru a lot and trust me its not cause they want to..it is cause they have too...anyway back to my point is that in here the military are stupid or the president himself is holding it back...anyway its not the same if u get an illegal imigrant than to get a terrorist or something like that...and yeah now that i think about it its concerning to the us,but they should realize that selling guns to the cartels and givin money to the mexican govt to fight them is not a preety good help to the situation...

And the drug issue isnt about pot at all even though its an 80 billion dollar business a year,lol smoke american pot....tell that to the coke users,the meth adicts etc etc etc....nice post! :cheers:

Initiate

PostThu Jun 16, 2011 7:31 am » by Thedude69

Well none of you answered correctly.

Are Mexican Drug Cartels Our Responsibility?

Absolutely, because Reagan invited them to come to the US and Bush wanted to do the same...

Now which one is here legally and which one crossed illegally?

Hard to tell... Too late for any control after the Reagan 'free for all'......

Name one thing a post JFK Republican President has ever done right.

Conspirator

PostThu Jun 16, 2011 7:43 am » by Reinaul

I was just joking sock lol you know I was lol.. you should look for the numbers of deaths related to drug cartels war in Monterrey yesterday June 15 2011.. we had 42 deaths . more than libya..... it was hell yesterday

@ mochon, tranquilo estaba tratando de hacer salir a los intolerantes
“The important thing is not to stop questioning.”
-Albert Einstein

Be Your Own Messiah

Conspirator

PostThu Jun 16, 2011 11:36 am » by Harbin

When you get a little chronic for the weekend, when you buy a little bump to keep on partying on....

You are responsible for supporting drug cartels. Alright, tell me about how you don't, because you grow it yourself, or you know a guy or whatever...

Antiwar.com

Initiate

PostThu Jun 16, 2011 11:45 am » by Georgedragon

You guys watch too much TV! :nails: :nails: :nails:
Be the change you want to see.