Are we pawns in the chess game of life. Are we of free will?

Initiate

PostTue May 19, 2009 5:03 am » by Strider

headsinthesand wrote:just a thought six, if every choice has already been made whats the point in choosing.

Well that's exactly how those in power want you to feel. Do ya think going with their program is going to help you?

Writer

PostTue May 19, 2009 5:06 am » by Headsinthesand

thank you strider, wasnt saying that was my point of view was just asking six his, personally if the 4th dimension already knows what im gonna do, good for it, im still gonna do it or not do it, my choice not its.

Master Conspirator

PostTue May 19, 2009 5:11 am » by Lowsix

in the words of the infamous band RUSH..

"If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice."

The only meaningful implication of my theory is this:
There is no possible way to make mistakes.
No matter what you choose..
(of your illusory fee will..which is the same as real free will)
you cannot make choices other than those which the immovable hand of fate directs you to make..

So, you choose your best, based on what information and goals you have, confident in the knowledge that looking backward in regret is pointless becuase fate is actually in control. And that no matter what decision you make, it is the right one, from the perspective of the fourth dimension...and that in that light, there are no mistakes..ever.

Feeling that it was your decision all along is the good part of the illusion..because no matter what you decide, its the correct choice.
warløckmitbladderinfection wrote:blasphemous new gehenna inhabitant makes god sad...

Writer

PostTue May 19, 2009 6:26 am » by Janosfess

Am I free..? No. But Im ok with a little imprisonment,for I think it helps keep me grounded in my life and what I need to do.The idea of total freedom is frightning in my eyes.Like being lost,floating in the black of space.

Conspirator

PostTue May 19, 2009 6:37 am » by Ph0enix

freedom is a state of mind, not a state of being. also, i'm only a tool/pawn if i allow myself to be.

Conspirator

PostTue May 19, 2009 4:40 pm » by Eaganthorn

So the consensus here is to reside in the most lenient prison possible as long as you understand you are in prison?

No, I disagree completely with this whole idea. I am free to do as I wish, with that freedom comes the responsibility of my actions. The level of personal responsibility for my actions is mandated and governed by the community in which I reside, whether I participate in creating the rules and guidelines or not is also a choice. If I do not like the level of responsibility for my actions in this community, I may either relocate to any community of my choosing or participate in the process to alter or augment the rules. These choices are mine to make, my personal freedoms, I cannot be compared to those who wish to stay were they are and bitch about the status quo while not taking action to adjust or correct what they feel is wrong.
Science is truth, God is truth, therefore

God is Science.

All religions were written by men, to control the hearts and minds of other men.

Initiate

PostWed May 20, 2009 5:35 am » by Mugenroshi8

As one of my students was slamming my face repeatedly into a hardwood floor, this thought suddenly occurred to me: what if we are "Hindsight?" You wonder how this is related to free-will/predestination, and are tempted to say silly things to me at the moment, but let me explain myself as clear as I can so perhaps there will be clarification...then again, perhaps there will not. We'll see!

Emotions are stirred by 'imbalance;' When the soul is calm, there is no emotion, things have come to a temporary rest. It is, as described, euphoric. However when we are happy, we become imbalanced, as opposed to sad. And insert X & Y here, wash, rinse, repeat. Now why do we respond in certain ways, with emotions? What causes this "imbalance?" Our Mind/Body entity seeking to balance itself as a health mechanism to a disturbed flow of reality. Always seeking, but never grasping, the mystery of Nothing, No-Time, Divinity, God, Non-Movement, Non-Action, Absolute Peace, ad infinitum, insert high expectations here.

This imbalance, stirs the emotions, as mentioned above. The Emotions, in turn rouse the need to move from non-action, into action, to initiate a choice. Now, up until this point, the internal subconscious and external environment have worked harmoniously to create in you a scenario, now consciously acknowledged by your perceptual reality, or your Conscious Mind. As you decide upon a choice, you filter those most appropriate to how you are feeling, and in this process are included the consequences, risks, rewards, and value of each individual choice. This is the most tricky part, the meeting of conscious and subconscious Mind, in the working out of a solution to fix this imbalance in your perceptual reality, whether mental/physical, makes little difference.

Finally, a choice is made. Action replaces non-action, movement or thought replaces non-motion and/or no-thought. There is no turning back, the die have been cast, and your past, present, and future all spinning in the air. Finally the dust settles, and what is left is consequence, and acceptance of both positive and negative reactions.

In the making of a Choice, and the taking of an Action, in effect you have both created and destroyed reality as you perceive it. In having lunch with a co-worker, you have just destroyed any chance of keeping a professional relationship with said person, but also, created the possibility of a rewarding encounter. Or perhaps you destroyed your chances with same co-worker, and created the possibility of spending more time with cherished friends.

But really, imbalances are created or a balanced state is destroyed; yes? So the end result of creating/destroying, was in fact something that came prior to the imbalance, which is Mother to a problem that ends with creation/destruction; yes? So really...

Perspective.

Isn't "Hindsight being 20/20" the act of judging a past action in light of knowledge you have gained since the actual event, and seeing it supposedly as it really were? Well, light takes a measurable time to get from the target of your eyes, to the network of your brain, so everything you see has already happened in the Past. That being so, are we not simply "Hindsight?" That perfect vision judging events which have already happened according to the stage of our perceptual understanding at that given Time?

No one escapes Cause and Effect, hence predestination. Yet no one can predict which choice another will always make, given the mindset and emotional status of that individual at that particular point in Time, hence free-will. Therefore I ask, are we not simply mincing words? Since it is true all things are trapped in Cause and Effect, and since it is true that no one can always predict the actions and/or thoughts of another at every point in Time...must we choose sides as to which twin we'll be taking out for drinks, or can we ask them both to join us?

Initiate

PostFri May 22, 2009 5:41 am » by Spliffffstar

Super Moderator

PostSun May 24, 2009 7:05 pm » by Dmtshaman

LowSix wrote:IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO MAKE A MISTAKE....
You cannot make a mistake...ever.

:think: I cant say I agree with this view point...A mistake is a action that brings bad outcomes to ones life or one that is close to us. Every outcome is available for us to achieve but to think we can do anything we want with no bad consequences is just foolish...Every choice we make directly effects our immediate future, bad or good. I remember a book series when I was a child that opened my eyes to this...it was called "Choose your own Adventure". The premise is that after reading a section of the book you are to make a choice that leads you to another part of the story, in the end your either saving the world or end up dead or in prison forever. Just like in real life every small choice we make is to further our story in life, all outcomes are prewritten but we have the choice to choose our ending. Only one fully enslaved by ego can say that they can do anything they want on not consider it a mistake...for it will lead you to self destruction! Do what you will, but harm none... is the creed of Wiccans, which is a very wise way to live...darkness and pain tend to stay away from those who are engulfed by the light. We can continue to serve darkness and do what our self serving desires ask of us, or we can evolve to our full being and realize all of our decisions our important and we need to stay consciouss of this and make the BEST decisions to advance our characters and spirit... :sunny:
...If the words "Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness" don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isnt worth the Hemp its written on...

end0fall

PostSun May 24, 2009 8:02 pm » by end0fall

when the right answer has been predetermined and the wrong answer has been predetermined then you have no choice but to do as you are told under the illusion of free will.

yes i know thats basicly already been said in different words but it's just another way of putting it

PreviousNext