Are we pawns in the chess game of life. Are we of free will?

Super Moderator

PostSun May 17, 2009 10:11 pm » by Slith

We have many free thinkers on this sight, but are we as free as we think we are? I am curious about you're responses.

Master Conspirator

PostSun May 17, 2009 10:20 pm » by Cornbread714

dlslith wrote:We have many free thinkers on this sight, but are we as free as we think we are? I am curious about you're responses.

A very strange and wise old musician (named Sun Ra) told me, when I asked him a question regarding freedom in music (he played wild Jazz which some would label "free Jazz" - he also claimed to be from Saturn) :

"You're not free. If the Sun doesn't rise tomorrow, you're dead". A cryptic statement, nonsensical mystical mumbo-jumbo perhaps, but I think I understand now what he meant. He said a lot of funny things I'm still thinking about.
Where's the beer and when do I get paid?
- Jimmy Carl Black (the Indian of the group)

Conspirator

PostSun May 17, 2009 10:30 pm » by Mushroom

We are all slaves to society.
We believe we are free because that was the lesson taught in our schooling. If we were truly free then our society would not exist as it does.
We all feed the big machine in order to feed ourselves

Super Moderator

PostSun May 17, 2009 10:36 pm » by Slith

Kinda weird Corn, but I understand. I feel, personally, used and corrupted by the PTB. I can think for myself, make choices for myself, raise my 2 boys on my own, yet always have to answer to the man. This I don't like. I feel like I am a link in a chain of chaos and will be a drop in the bucket

Initiate

PostSun May 17, 2009 10:38 pm » by Spliffffstar

If we were all free to do as we please, it would the law of the strongest and some of us would be dead already.

"Homo Homini Lupus", "man is a wolf to man.", like Thomas Hobbes said.

brillbilly

PostSun May 17, 2009 10:43 pm » by brillbilly

good question and i cant answer that because i cant answer this,Am i a physical being that experiences spiritual realities or am i a spiritual being that experiences physical realities.if i am a spiritual being then i am free,if im a phyisical being then i am bound by this realms game.

Initiate

PostSun May 17, 2009 10:44 pm » by Kurious

cornbread714 wrote:
dlslith wrote:We have many free thinkers on this sight, but are we as free as we think we are? I am curious about you're responses.

A very strange and wise old musician (named Sun Ra) told me, when I asked him a question regarding freedom in music (he played wild Jazz which some would label "free Jazz" - he also claimed to be from Saturn) :

"You're not free. If the Sun doesn't rise tomorrow, you're dead". A cryptic statement, nonsensical mystical mumbo-jumbo perhaps, but I think I understand now what he meant. He said a lot of funny things I'm still thinking about.

Somebody name dropping Sun Ra here !!!! I love his stuff & I especially like a contemporary producer named Madlib who uses his stuff for sampling.

Sorry to veer widely off topic.
SHUT UP YOU FUCKING CONSPIRACY BASED LUNATIC

Super Moderator

PostSun May 17, 2009 10:53 pm » by Slith

That's okay, "nobody" ever veers off topic on here

Initiate

PostSun May 17, 2009 10:55 pm » by Spliffffstar

brillbilly wrote:good question and i cant answer that because i cant answer this,Am i a physical being that experiences spiritual realities or am i a spiritual being that experiences physical realities.if i am a spiritual being then i am free,if im a phyisical being then i am bound by this realms game.

Either way, currently you're pretty much bound by the rules of this realm.

But, to really answer this question, we need to define what freedom is.

If it's "you can do as you please", we fall under the rule set of "the survival of the fittest".

But, if freedom means "you can do as you please within the boundaries of a society", then we pretty much ARE as free as we can get.

Either way, there's always a restricting element, be it death or law.

Hell, human existence is an existence of restriction. By the very nature of the 3D universe there are always boundaries to everything.

For example, our ability to physically influence our surroundings ends with our body.

So, basically, there is no unbound, infinite freedom (for lack of better words) in the first place.

The only real freedom we have is freedom of thought, and that is, again, bound by our ability to process information.

Super Moderator

PostSun May 17, 2009 10:58 pm » by Slith

very profound. I like it

Next