Are you a thread killer?

Super Moderator

PostFri Jul 10, 2009 4:30 am » by Seahawk

dlslith wrote:I've responded to a number of threads and have absolutely no response. I'm curious as to how many people have blocked me and whether anyone else feels like this. I've posted almost 400 responses, yet only get a few responses to them. Getting ready to bail. I'm not a retard and have good retort to many posts, yet feel I've been banned in some sort of way. Ah well, I'll have another beer and get more pissed. I should change my handle to Rodney Dangerfield

Sorry dslith- I, for one, don't mean to "ignore" you. I have felt the same at times- but don't really think about it much anymore. I do know how you feel though, just wanting some direct feedback and not getting it. We have a natural tendancy to want to belong and to be accepted, at least to have our presence acknowledged. It's human nature. And it feels bad when we don't get it. Thankfully, there are some cool people here who do respond. If there is any consolation, there are many regulars here that still haven't even acknowledged my presence here, much less responded in any way to any of my posts. Maybe it's my own fault..

I just got to the initiate status, after a few months as a member. Yea! and I'm just now starting to get more direct response from some. Probably because they're starting to get to know my character- deficits and attributes- if there are any. ("Boy, is he an arse!!!" - some much worse, I'm sure.) I just keep on posting.

I know that I've often thought to myself, agreement with some things that you have posted. I think, if I remember correctly, on more occasions than not- and with some others, too. In fact, I know that I've responded to or acknowledged you on at least a few occasions and never got a return response. I don't however, post in response or acknowledement every time that I'm in agreement with someone. I already spend a lot of time here- if I were to respond to all, I would never leave. Ouch! I think that that's what's up with some of the others as well. I do notice that you post regularly, contribute a lot, seem to be a cool person, and you've never pissed me off. Even if you did, it doesn't really matter- I try not to hold grudges unless the opposition does- then, what can ya do? Ha ha. I've done both- been pissed off, and pissed off others. (Sorry to those : > }) I think that if the group were around each other in person and had the added benifit of body language in our communication to each other - there would be a lot less pissing each other off, and quite likely, some of the arche enemies might very well become good friends. In this form of communication, it seems to take a lot longer to get to know people, again, because of the absense of physical body language, demeanor,and the sometimes infrequent visits.

Don't go away, and don't take it personally. It'll get better.

Upload to Disclose.tv

We gather knowledge faster than we gather wisdom. - William Bell

Initiate

PostFri Jul 10, 2009 4:30 am » by Bink02

dlslith..." don't sweat the small stuff man" :flop: From my personal view , there is SO much info being presented on this site , that I have a hell of a time keeping up , I mean , damn I feel like a kid in a candy store ... :wink: I wish I was a super fast typer and could answer a hell of alot more posts than I do , this site is awesome in my opinion, I mean no one answered MY post when I came up with a cure for cancer , or how to build a starship out of used plastic milk bottle jugs .. but hey , it's all good ... :mrgreen: ( just kidding by the way ) but , seriously, for me , anyway , I try and absorb and respond to as much info as I can , but damn , there is a hell of a lot , and that is good !!!!...so .... :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Founder of the RLA (Rebel Lemming Alliance ) * We follow no one ...

"People should not fear their governments, governments should fear their people ."

Initiate

PostFri Jul 10, 2009 4:34 am » by Bink02

Case in point ... Sea hawk just whipped off a small novelette , while I was typing my paragraph , ( sigh* me fingers sing like ham hocks across the keyboard ... :wink: )

:cheers:
Founder of the RLA (Rebel Lemming Alliance ) * We follow no one ...

"People should not fear their governments, governments should fear their people ."

brillbilly

PostFri Jul 10, 2009 4:49 am » by brillbilly

bink02 wrote:dlslith..." don't sweat the small stuff man" :flop: From my personal view , there is SO much info being presented on this site , that I have a hell of a time keeping up , I mean , damn I feel like a kid in a candy store ... :wink: I wish I was a super fast typer and could answer a hell of alot more posts than I do , this site is awesome in my opinion, I mean no one answered MY post when I came up with a cure for cancer , or how to build a starship out of used plastic milk bottle jugs .. but hey , it's all good ... :mrgreen: ( just kidding by the way ) but , seriously, for me , anyway , I try and absorb and respond to as much info as I can , but damn , there is a hell of a lot , and that is good !!!!...so .... :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

greap points and thats my problem to im to slow and go out of sink with posts as so many links can be offerd but all is cool :cheers:

Conspirator

PostFri Jul 10, 2009 5:47 am » by Realorfake

I'll never block anyone...whats the point?

Tha'd be boring...
How many times must you honk your horn and say fuck you?
Now what the fuck does that do?
You feel better now, I didnt let you pass.
How bout I stop my car and beat your fuckin' ass?

Writer

PostFri Jul 10, 2009 6:20 am » by Arichkind

Appreciate your contributions; would never think of blocking you ....

Initiate

PostFri Jul 10, 2009 7:10 am » by Snutz

Don't feel bad man, I've been a member here for a long time, and visit without signing up for about a year before that, and I've managed to stay in the shadows .... I kinda like it that way, however I do thoroughly enjoy the words I share with many of these members, even drextin, low, and yeah even mep and pindz. I love this place, wish I could spend more time here, lol.

Disclaimer : not tryin to call anyone out, just some of the names that came immediately to mind.

Writer

PostFri Jul 10, 2009 7:50 am » by Molly821

You can block people? :think: Why would someone take the chance to miss out on what is on your mind? We are all curious like minded people that want to hear from other's like us. To not take the chance to hear from you and everyone else that contributes to this site would make all our knowledge useless. Without you we would not be able to share in your ideals and your knowledge. I wish I had the nerve to start a thread. I enjoy reading yours and I'm sure that alot more people just read them and don't respond because they agree or just like to share in your view. It gets their brain clickin one way or the other.

Writer

PostFri Jul 10, 2009 7:55 am » by mirrorsedge

Let me help.

Conspirator

PostFri Jul 10, 2009 8:55 am » by Clawspiracy

Stop the presses!!! Obama is not gay. I repeat, Obama is not gay. And for the record, I noticed her before I noticed him, so yeah... Guys are really that way all the time. :oops:

But back to the subject at hand.... I used to think I was the thread killer, always getting the last word. It got so annoying I thought I was the party pooper. Don't sweat it. You are noticed. Now stop seeking attention. That's the.... Never mind.
It's a Clawspiracy...

PreviousNext