Are You A World Citizen?

Initiate

PostWed Oct 10, 2012 6:41 am » by Middleman

99socks wrote:
What about language? Language has done that exact thing.

Only if you decide that learning the lingua franca means giving up your own language.

The anthropologist and ethnobotanist Wade Davis has some excellent documentaries about the conflict between modernization and the preservation of language and culture. It sounds like a really dry ass subject, but he presents it so well you don't even notice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLfPuc6_ ... re=related

Conspirator

PostWed Oct 10, 2012 7:13 am » by Mydogma

Newdawnrising wrote:No, i am a citizen of the world.

:cheers:
A citizen of the world that would be more then happy to work with other soverign citezens together that spreads an equally ficticious (as todays) finacial scheme that would be fairer to all nations..spread fictious wealth all over the lands monitored by elected officials non afilliated or sponsored by any club organization or party. We can loosely base it on our gdp and poverty rates..the game has been rigged by a few elite families..its time to rigg it in our favor and cut out the banker middle man who just sucks of the tit of mankind and works to destroy all the liberties and gaiins we have made..
If you don't wake up, Your the problem, not the thief...www.cattledum.com

Conspirator

PostWed Oct 10, 2012 7:41 am » by Newdawnrising

It is time for all citizens of this world to bring down those who would destroy ALL life as it is, by way of artificial means. Nature has the FINAL say, so who in this world has the right to anticipate such finality?

I am not affiliated with any mainstream religious belief of this world. However i do remember reading a passage at one time or another.

Had those days Not Been CUT SHORT, NO ONE WOULD HAVE SURVIVED! The bible or something? Makes sense in my mind anyway.

So what do we have to loose, PEOPLE?????????????????????????????? :idea:

The more that is lost, the less there will be left to continue continuity of life. Put it this way in the event of the final ending 3V3NT of "THE WAR". The collateral damage alone, could push many lifeforms to extinction. So what then when the natural culmination of insurmountable events unfolds?
I know the voices in my head aren't real, but man, sometimes they have some really good ideas.

Conspirator

PostWed Oct 10, 2012 7:53 am » by Newdawnrising

99socks wrote:
Middleman wrote:Preservation of culture is one of the reasons I'm against the centralization of power.

If it doesn't result in the direct, violent suppression of vulnerable cultures, it often leads them to a slow death by political neglect and economic marginalization. That is just as true with indigenous minorities as it is with rural and post industrial towns across the developed world.

If we all spoke the same language, we wouldn't be where we are now. Good thing we have these stupid computers with translators and stuff, blah, blah... No, we would still fight, like children, the thing is would we still be manipulated as easily by those in POWER?
I know the voices in my head aren't real, but man, sometimes they have some really good ideas.

Conspirator

PostThu Oct 11, 2012 2:35 am » by 99socks

Middleman wrote:
99socks wrote:

Only if you decide that learning the lingua franca means giving up your own language.

The anthropologist and ethnobotanist Wade Davis has some excellent documentaries about the conflict between modernization and the preservation of language and culture. It sounds like a really dry ass subject, but he presents it so well you don't even notice.

Tsk.. missed the point I was getting at. Language is a tool of power; if a group doesn't speak the "official" language, that group is marginalized. This is primarily why we are losing so many languages in the world; if you don't speak and write the "right" language, you don't have access to education, jobs, the ability to vote, etc. For the sake of survival, groups abandon their mother tongue and don't teach it to their children. Every single thing that has been brought up in this thread can also be accomplished by "official state languages."
I can't speak about how much of the Constitution is in effect anymore... But thank God we still somewhat resemble a Republic and not a democracy!

http://thethinkingapostate.ghost.io/

Conspirator

PostThu Oct 11, 2012 2:59 am » by Cia212

99socks wrote:
Middleman wrote:
99socks wrote:

Tsk.. missed the point I was getting at. Language is a tool of power; if a group doesn't speak the "official" language, that group is marginalized. This is primarily why we are losing so many languages in the world; if you don't speak and write the "right" language, you don't have access to education, jobs, the ability to vote, etc. For the sake of survival, groups abandon their mother tongue and don't teach it to their children. Every single thing that has been brought up in this thread can also be accomplished by "official state languages."

But that is only when a minority is trying to keep it's culture while enjoying the benefits of another. As I said earlier, it's your choice to keep your culture, but there are downsides to doing so...lack of education and opportunity might be some. Either your culture is worth the sacrifice or it isn't, but you can't have it both ways.

Conspirator

PostThu Oct 11, 2012 6:23 am » by Opalserpent

Cia212 wrote:
Middleman wrote:Preservation of culture is one of the reasons I'm against the centralization of power.

If it doesn't result in the direct, violent suppression of vulnerable cultures, it often leads them to a slow death by political neglect and economic marginalization. That is just as true with indigenous minorities as it is with rural and post industrial towns across the developed world.

True! Some communities value different things. Some don't want to become economic powerhouses, others do. We shouldn't penalize either for their choice.

Umm, I don't think south korea wanted to be an economic powerhouse, just cheaper for everyone including holden to make their products there instead of at home. Sounds more like larger profits then wanting the people to be an economic powerhouse.

You would make a good P.R. man for a chinese factory :look:
Live by the Terror, Die by the Terror.

Conspirator

PostThu Oct 11, 2012 6:36 am » by Opalserpent

:mrgreen:

image link: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-DpK_w7jbI5Q/T ... ilFree.jpg

I was kidding cia man. :dancing:
Live by the Terror, Die by the Terror.

Conspirator

PostThu Oct 11, 2012 6:43 am » by Newdawnrising

Or am i just way toooooo DOOMTARD AKA f**ktard?

Previous