LEFT RIGHT BRAIN TEST

Master Conspirator

PostFri Aug 20, 2010 9:27 pm » by Cornbread714

I can make her dance any way I want her to. :love:
Where's the beer and when do I get paid?
- Jimmy Carl Black (the Indian of the group)

Initiate

PostFri Aug 20, 2010 9:48 pm » by Hybridalienrob

me too, I find I see if perfectly going clockwise, while thinking to myself there's no way that can go anti-clockwise, my mind wanders for a sec (im stoned) and bang - it's going the other way.

I also can make it go back clockwise by flicking my eyes right, but can't get it to go back by flicking them left.

Fascinating post though, thanks for that.
Seen it all before in the kindegardens of the Universe.
It would be quaint if it wasn't so damned scary.
I can't listen and i can't watch
I can see inside the machine
I can see the join, i can see the join
-h

Initiate

PostFri Aug 20, 2010 9:53 pm » by Hybridalienrob

So what does the spinning dancer tell us? The whole test is more of an optical illusion than anything else, according to Steven Novella, an academic clinical neurologist at Yale University School of Medicine who blogs on NeuroLogica. When our brains process visual images to make some order or sense of the world, they have to make assumptions. The dancer is just a two dimensional image switching back and forth, but our brains process it as a three dimensional spinning object.

Depending on the assumptions made and visual cues picked up, your brain can make the dancer spin either way. When my friend first sent the test to me, I saw it go clockwise…then switch to counterclockwise as I was staring at the screen. What this tells me about my personality and mental abilities is hardly a no-brainer – the brain test connection to our mental strengths and weaknesses is nonexistent.

http://www.scienceline.org/2007/10/ask-hsu-spinning-girl-right-left-brain-hemispheres/
Seen it all before in the kindegardens of the Universe.
It would be quaint if it wasn't so damned scary.
I can't listen and i can't watch
I can see inside the machine
I can see the join, i can see the join
-h

Super Moderator

PostFri Aug 20, 2010 10:01 pm » by TheDuck

Its sent me crazy 'cus its only going one way for me no matter how much I stare at it so Image
www.Vigusto.com - Premium E-liquid

"The Truth Cannot Be Told... It Must Be Realized"

Previous