Ares Super chute NASA's plan to return to the Moon.

Conspirator

PostTue Mar 17, 2009 2:33 pm » by Ogmios

Ok, so I got gravity and atmosphere mixed up. But in space there is no resistance. I've already made this point. You cant speed up, slow down or turn around. They haven't invented a ship like the Millenium Falcon yet.

Let's see some qoutes to prove me wrong again!!

The unlikely story is that on the moon they swung round using the moon's gravitational pull. I don't buy it.
"God is a concept by which we measure our pain"
John Lennon

Conspirator

PostTue Mar 17, 2009 2:45 pm » by Drextin

ogmios wrote:Ok, so I got gravity and atmosphere mixed up. But in space there is no resistance. I've already made this point. You cant speed up, slow down or turn around. They haven't invented a ship like the Millenium Falcon yet.

Let's see some qoutes to prove me wrong again!!

The unlikely story is that on the moon they swung round using the moon's gravitational pull. I don't buy it.

A Space ship can maneuver by use of Newton's three laws of motion

I. Every object in a state of uniform motion tends to remain in that
state of motion unless an external force is applied to it.
II. The relationship between an object's mass, m , its acceleration
a, and the applied force, F=ma. In this law the direction of the force
is the same as the direction of the acceleration.
III. For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction

And of course, the ship is always under the influence of Newton's Law of Gravity.

F=Gm1m2/r^2

Where: F is the magnitude of the gravitational force between the two masses, G is the Gravitational_constant. M1 is the first mass, (the Sun or a nearby planet). M2 is the second mass, (the Space Ship, in this case). R is the distance between the two masses.

A rocket motor is a reaction motor. The action of the hot gases leaving the rocket at high speed causes the rocket to react, to move in the opposite direction. A textbook in introductory Physics will explain this in detail. And there are numerous sites on the Web about this.

Got this next one from NASA on their pages for school kids. Cause you kinda learn this stuff early since it's rudimentary science.

Rockets do not depend on air, even for burning their fuel. Rockets take advantage of some basic laws of nature that were discovered by the brilliant scientist Isaac Newton late in the 17th century. One of these, called Newton's third law, says that for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. This explains what is going on when you blow up a balloon, then let it go without tying a knot. The air rushes out of the mouth of the balloon and that pushes the balloon in the opposite direction. This law also tells us that, to build a powerful rocket, we need to shoot out a lot of high-speed material opposite the direction we want the rocket to go. That is exactly what a rocket engine is designed to do. Most rockets use high-speed exhaust gases from burning rocket fuel to propel themselves up and away from Earth's surface to the vacuum of space. Unlike planes, they don't need air to lift them up.
I am a nightmare walking, psychopath talking
King of my jungle just a gangster stalking

Conspirator

PostTue Mar 17, 2009 3:28 pm » by Ogmios

Got this next one from NASA on their pages for school kids. Cause you kinda learn this stuff early since it's rudimentary science.

Rockets do not depend on air, even for burning their fuel. Rockets take advantage of some basic laws of nature that were discovered by the brilliant scientist Isaac Newton late in the 17th century. One of these, called Newton's third law, says that for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. This explains what is going on when you blow up a balloon, then let it go without tying a knot. The air rushes out of the mouth of the balloon and that pushes the balloon in the opposite direction. This law also tells us that, to build a powerful rocket, we need to shoot out a lot of high-speed material opposite the direction we want the rocket to go. That is exactly what a rocket engine is designed to do. Most rockets use high-speed exhaust gases from burning rocket fuel to propel themselves up and away from Earth's surface to the vacuum of space. Unlike planes, they don't need air to lift them up.
[/quote]

Rudimentary science it may be but it doesn't answer my point.
"God is a concept by which we measure our pain"
John Lennon

Initiate

PostTue Mar 17, 2009 4:19 pm » by Anse777

You gotta remember newtons laws are the the tip of the iceburg.We know a lot more now than in nis day.

Conspirator

PostTue Mar 17, 2009 4:22 pm » by Drextin

Rudimentary science it may be but it doesn't answer my point.

You have to have one before it can be answered.

Initiate

PostTue Mar 17, 2009 4:29 pm » by Anse777

You guys should look up Stanton Friedman and Michiu Kaku and do a little research on what you guys are debating.These two guys aren't some dumb shits with some stupid theories they both have phds.

Conspirator

PostTue Mar 17, 2009 5:13 pm » by Drextin

anse777 wrote:You guys should look up Stanton Friedman and Michiu Kaku and do a little research on what you guys are debating.These two guys aren't some dumb shits with some stupid theories they both have phds.

Michio Kaku is one of my favorite people in the world. I visit his site at least once a day.

Though I'm not sure exactly what you think looking them up will accomplish. Michio is a theoretical physicist who deals mainly with string theory. Not sure how that fits into a lunar discussion. And Friedman's field is ufology. Not sure how ufos factor into the discussion either.

Initiate

PostTue Mar 17, 2009 6:51 pm » by Anse777

Awe you guys do know your stuff. I have heard both talk about stuff that isn't widely accepted if you will. I'm just saying maybe they can help decide on what it is your arguing about.There stuff is all related to what your talking about. Maybe it takes backengineered technologies to get to the moon in the first place.And maybe by using the natural gravity of the moon or earth you could travel throught space.Black holes and all kind of strange shit is all over the universe.

Initiate

PostTue Mar 17, 2009 7:20 pm » by Anse777

Thanks man but I never mentioned a conspiracy i was just tryin to give some guys some advice. They were arguing something about the moons atmosphere and rockets and some other stuff. These just couldn't come up with an agreement then they through newtons law into it.Thats all shlush, no beef, please!Back to the moon, i know something is up there if its humans i dont know but ive seen too many pictures of stuff that i consider conclussive evidence of something being there or been there.

Initiate

PostTue Mar 17, 2009 7:41 pm » by Anse777

Me too. Have you ever seen Ufo.The.Greatest.Story.Ever.Denied its made by Jose Escamilla?Have you ever read Dulce Book?

PreviousNext