Aristarchus crater on the moon

Initiate

PostSat Nov 14, 2009 9:07 am » by Terrac1de512

I know how this is going to sound, but this is driving my crazy.. I ran across something really interesting, see this pic..

http://nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/imgcat/html/ ... _m197.html and compare to

http://nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/imgcat/hires/lo5_m197.gif (the link to the hi res version)

Now I found a much higher resolution version of that pic several months ago, and now I cannot find it anywhere on the web and I have lost it from my HDD.. If someone could find the really high res .tiff of that picture it would be awesome because of 2 things, 1 the image markers on the side that you can't read in the low res version are upside down, and when you invert the picture the lighting looks more natural and some strange things start popping out., second, in the bright area of the crater a strange patchwork appears in the white area that doesnt match the other white areas in the pic and upon closer observation it appeared that some serious obfuscation was going on. In the dark area of the crater wall there were some seriously weird things that looked like buildings , no joke. Now Nasa's "hi res" version does not have the image markers anymore and the picture pixellates badly if you try to zoom in. Now can anyone tell me if it is normal for Nasa pictures to be presented with image distance markings upside down, and where is the original really hi res tiff I believe was about 5mb in size? Is something weird going on here?
Simple minds talk about each other Average minds talk about events And Great minds talk about ideas -- Elanor Roosavelt

Initiate

PostSat Nov 14, 2009 11:13 am » by Ufosearcher

AM HAPPY SOMEONE ELSE is interested in this.

I wrote on these posts earlier about several such craters which are very surprising:

1. please download the newest version of GOOGLE EARTH and start browsing GOOGLE MOON.
2. search for ZACH and just below to the right of this crater zach, do some zooming and see what surprises are there.

3. there are several such craters which are surprising, and I forgot their names: may be moretus, etc. There are several such
THIS IS FROM MY EARLIER POSTING:

Among the many CRATERS YOU SHOULD ZOOM, AND ZOOM, AND ZOOM, TO OBSERVE ARE:
1. the small crater below Zach and around it
2. Karpinskiy (zoom well enough)
3. Moretus
4. Antoniadi
etc