arizona right to refuse law

Master Conspirator

PostTue Feb 25, 2014 1:54 am » by Boondox681

Arizona passes law against gay rights, allowing shopkeepers to refuse them service based on religious beliefs

The conservative southern state of Arizona has passed a controversial law allowing businesses to refuse to serve gay people if it goes against the owners' religious beliefs.

After sailing through the state legislature, the law now awaits final confirmation from firebrand governor, Jan Brewer, who has built a national reputation with her right-leaning stance on similarly-sensitive social issues such as immigration and abortion.

Arizona is the only state to have passed such a law. It rules that any obligation to serve gays is a violation of a person's religious freedom if their beliefs tell them that homosexuality is wrong.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... eople.html

here's a seldom recognized fact:your 'freedoms' and your 'rights' are not the same.
a 'right' is given to you and can be taken away.no one can take away your god-given freedom, or free-will.

maybe i missed something,but is this law even necessary?last time i checked,in the u.s.,ANY private business may refuse service to ANYONE,ANYWHERE,ANYTIME for ANY reason.
which brings me to the douchebag christians and their 'religious freedoms'(please see above).
they are not suing or creating this law to defend their religious freedoms-because they don't exist.
they have religious rights..
it's fucking PC madness.

as usual,i've got a simple solution.

peace

"You wanna' keep it real take a walk out your door,that's as real as it gets from the sky to the floor."

Writer

PostTue Feb 25, 2014 1:57 am » by Fr33d0m

Upload to Disclose.tv

What would you do? :shock:

Master Conspirator

PostTue Feb 25, 2014 2:23 am » by Boondox681

i stopped when they showed the map and said "they have the right to refuse gays and lesbians"
pure propaganda and a blatant lie.
they have the right to refuse ANYONE,not just gays.

not mentioning is the same as lying.period.

as for what i would do?mind my own fucking business.
what a concept.

btw-my oldest daughter,29,is gay.i've known her whole life..she 'knew' at 16.
"You wanna' keep it real take a walk out your door,that's as real as it gets from the sky to the floor."

Initiate

PostTue Feb 25, 2014 2:44 am » by Domeika

Now THAT is one of the funniest things I've seen in a while. Setting that as wallpaper.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Conspirator

PostTue Feb 25, 2014 2:57 am » by kentrb

Domeika wrote:Image

Now THAT is one of the funniest things I've seen in a while. Setting that as wallpaper.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

indeed,lol lol lol
my cheeks hurting from smiling on that
stay awesome boon :cheers:

Master Conspirator

PostTue Feb 25, 2014 3:00 am » by Boondox681

stay awesome boon

birds of a feather flock together,gentlemen :flop:

:hugging:

Conspirator

PostTue Feb 25, 2014 3:07 am » by Mydogma

wow...sad that to government of Arizona didnt actually spend some time realizinng how messed up the country is and that the takers are taking everything...truly idiotic me thinks
If you don't wake up, Your the problem, not the thief...www.cattledum.com

Master Conspirator

PostTue Feb 25, 2014 4:07 am » by Boondox681

PostTue Feb 25, 2014 4:26 am » by nr94

Boondox681 wrote:Image

*dead* :lol:

Conspirator

PostTue Feb 25, 2014 4:30 am » by Thebluecanary

Businesses have the right to refuse service to whoever. But it's not as simple as all that. Because I own my own business, I habitually refuse to deal with assholes (regardless of their race/religion/sexual orientation/whatever) and that's OK because I'm only accountable to me and the tax man. But if I'm a corporation, and I refuse service to someone, and that someone can prove that I did it for a "wrong" reason, they can sue me. (Ask Denny's about it.) They could also probably call my corporate office, and get me fired because the corporation would rather avoid a shitstorm. I would imagine that if I told someone at my own business "I'm not serving you because you're black/gay/muslim/disabled" they could possibly have my ass, too. That sign that says "We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone" only goes so far.

All this businesses getting to opt out of stuff/act like assholes for "religious reasons" is hot steaming bullshit anyway. You own a business, ostensibly to make money. Someone wants to buy a cake with money? You fucking sell it to them. It's not hard. Gay money spends just like straight money. You refuse service to someone if they're an asshole…otherwise, you do your damn job.
Remember, in a real conspiracy, all players are pawns regardless of their rank.
-----Christopher Hyatt

Next