Arrested For Dancing ?

Conspirator

PostSun May 29, 2011 10:38 pm » by Perronick

How polite can it be to be warned that you'll be treated like cattle? Pardon me but that's not my definition of polite. The fact that there's such a rule and that this rule is so ridiculously enforced at the expense of the people contradicting more important and basic principles and legislation only adds insult to injury and kind of proofs the Police State thesis.

Conspirator

PostSun May 29, 2011 11:50 pm » by Endless16

perronick wrote:How polite can it be to be warned that you'll be treated like cattle? Pardon me but that's not my definition of polite. The fact that there's such a rule and that this rule is so ridiculously enforced at the expense of the people contradicting more important and basic principles and legislation only adds insult to injury and kind of proofs the Police State thesis.

Police just doing their job, don't hate the player hate the game.

Whoever decided the principle of arresting people for any form of protest, especially dancing... should be held to account...

The police shouldn't have enforced it, but if they didn't they'd have probably been fired, and normal people don't become police officers, it's invariably dipshits, so they will do as they are told.

Having said that...

Wtf at the video... fucking bullshit... they have no right to do that, pretty sure since America is still supposed to be a democracy, if they'd have a vote on whether or not people should be arrested in public for dancing near statues... you think it's pass?...
"Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel."

Conspirator

PostMon May 30, 2011 1:35 am » by Rydher

First things first. America is not a Democracy, it's supposed to be a Republic. Big difference. Secondly, Democracy, Republic, what ever, America is a nation of laws. You can not do what ever you want, when ever you want, where ever you want. That is anarchy. The courts said this: "A court recently ruled that expressive dancing was in a category with picketing, speech making, and marching - a banned activity at national memorials." End of story.

@Nakchope. You don't know that. You only see what was filmed. When the video started, the cop was making his way to them. They had to have done something for him to say what he said. A cop just doesn't come up to a group of random people and randomly say, If you dance, you're going to get arrested. Who is to say that he didn't already explain himself to one the groups members?

It's painfully obvious this group was there to antagonize the police and cause a scene. They knew they were breaking the law, the cop told them they were, and they got arrested for it. These jackasses could of went down the stairs and danced their hearts out to protest. Instead they chose to bother everyone else that was there to see the memorial, for what? To prove that they are jackasses and to get attention? Like I said, now they plan to show up again next Saturday. Should be fun to watch.

Conspirator

PostMon May 30, 2011 4:17 am » by Perronick

The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath.

Master Conspirator

PostMon May 30, 2011 4:38 am » by Cornbread714

rydher wrote:America is a nation of laws.

I could carve up that statement in a number of ways, but I have to go to sleep soon. :alien51:
Where's the beer and when do I get paid?
- Jimmy Carl Black (the Indian of the group)

Conspirator

PostMon May 30, 2011 6:32 am » by Epicfailure

e6722maj wrote:@ smallworld totally agree :flop:

kick their asses. :cheers: :shooting: :nwo:

Upload to Disclose.tv

Fuck yes, that is exactly what needs to happen, the show is over, next time this happens I hope this is what happens, and I hope I am there!

1 Inch Punches for everyone!

Conspirator

PostMon May 30, 2011 6:39 am » by Epicfailure

rydher wrote:First things first. America is not a Democracy, it's supposed to be a Republic. Big difference. Secondly, Democracy, Republic, what ever, America is a nation of laws. You can not do what ever you want, when ever you want, where ever you want. That is anarchy. The courts said this: "A court recently ruled that expressive dancing was in a category with picketing, speech making, and marching - a banned activity at national memorials." End of story.

@Nakchope. You don't know that. You only see what was filmed. When the video started, the cop was making his way to them. They had to have done something for him to say what he said. A cop just doesn't come up to a group of random people and randomly say, If you dance, you're going to get arrested. Who is to say that he didn't already explain himself to one the groups members?

It's painfully obvious this group was there to antagonize the police and cause a scene. They knew they were breaking the law, the cop told them they were, and they got arrested for it. These jackasses could of went down the stairs and danced their hearts out to protest. Instead they chose to bother everyone else that was there to see the memorial, for what? To prove that they are jackasses and to get attention? Like I said, now they plan to show up again next Saturday. Should be fun to watch.

That is not anarchy, anarchy is where you "HURT" people doing whatever you want...

American is a representational constitutional republic, meaning you can do whatever you want (granted by our constitution) without hurting anyone....just because "A" supreme court ( A court allowed by our constitution, that made an unconstitutional ruling)made a decision that was unconstitutional or Liberal, doesn't mean that it makes it OK! if anything those supreme court elitist should have been taken out of power, just like the ones today who said it was OK for cops to kick down doors....

basically you are saying this is ok and that no one should dance because of a unconstitutional ruling, but you aren't OK with cops kicking down your door.???? Who is the one committing anarchy? or supporting it?

yes dancing, such a terroristic relevance to the modern day gyrations of some libertarian and constitutional individuals....

to protect and serve! not here! not there! not anywhere!

the dancing was bait, to show the public that we are living in fascism, and the cops took the bait and now look what happened.... they are plastered everywhere with ensuing lawsuits probably on the rise for police brutality.

the rest I wont bother with because it is ridiculous and not worth my time, the tool will always be a tool and you are a tool in a closed toolbox.

Conspirator

PostMon May 30, 2011 12:59 pm » by Rydher

basically you are saying this is ok and that no one should dance because of a unconstitutional ruling

Come on man. I know we disagree on some hot button issues but it seems your just completley mischaracterizing both the situation and my statement. No one is saying you can't dance or protest. What they are saying is that you can't do it in a national monument. They aren't saying you can't do it AT a national monument, just in it.

Now lets say you and your girl went to the Jefferson memorial. You're both die hard patriots and you got on your knee, popped the question, she said yes, then you hugged and kissed each other while wobbling back and forth. Kind of like high school slow dancing. If the cops then did this, yes they are out of line and something needs to be done.

Or if a guy got so exited he did a quick little jig to show his excitement. Again, then the police would be out of line if they did this.

These people went there as a group with the intention to be disruptive and they were warned. Like I said in a previous post. They had to of done something to get the cops attention for him to approach them and tell them if they danced, they would be arrested. Yet, they defiantly undermined the cops authority and put the police in a situation where they had to act. The cops did not break the law.

So comparing to not being allowed to demonstrate or protest in a national monument and granting the cops the ability to enter a citizens private home with no reason are two completley different things. And you know it.

Conspirator

PostMon May 30, 2011 2:17 pm » by Hackjames

The rationalizations for police behaving this way is so sad and silly at the same time, I want to cry my face off while giggling like a tiny girl.

It's acceptable to take someone who is dancing, pick them up from behind, throw them to the ground and then grab them by the throat? No, it isn't. You can list any perceived justifications that you'd like, but it still isn't acceptable. You can tell that because the idea of teaching children to resolve disputes in that manner is unthinkable.

"Somebody told me to" and "It's just my job" are bullshit excuses for immoral behavior. It's immoral to assault another person, unless perhaps in self-defense. I guess the officers were protecting themselves and the general public from all the dancing.

This situation is just as stupid as the thread title makes it out to be. There is a movie called Dirty Dancing, and I used to be able to say truthfully that such a thing was too ridiculous for reality.
This is your world. You're the creator.
-Bob Motherfucking Ross

Conspirator

PostMon May 30, 2011 2:35 pm » by Zegtelzegtel

I think in France you would be arrested only for filming them....it is legal but they will not like it and found something to put you some hours in arrest and they take your camera.

good post.

PreviousNext