Arrested For Dancing ?

Conspirator

PostMon May 30, 2011 2:35 pm » by Rydher

It's acceptable to take someone who is dancing, pick them up from behind, throw them to the ground and then grab them by the throat?

You're damn right it is. You act as if he was out on the streets, minding his own business just dancing. He wasn't. He was IN a national monument where it's against the law. The officer told him to stop moving and walking from him, 5 times? So that he could handcuff him. I'll have to watch it again but I think (not 100% sure, but still doesn't matter) the officer said that he would be taken down if he continued. The guy kept doing it, so the officer took him down. He didn't have to put his hand around his throat maybe, because he obviously wasn't a danger to the cop, just belligerent. Either way, the guy wasn't being choked. Just held.

The point is, if a person with authority tells you to stop doing something and you continue to do it. Bad things are probably going to happen. I guarantee that it has been that way in almost every civilization throughout time.

Conspirator

PostMon May 30, 2011 2:47 pm » by Hackjames

rydher wrote:
It's acceptable to take someone who is dancing, pick them up from behind, throw them to the ground and then grab them by the throat?

You're damn right it is. You act as if he was out on the streets, minding his own business just dancing. He wasn't. He was IN a national monument where it's against the law. The officer told him to stop moving and walking from him, 5 times? So that he could handcuff him. I'll have to watch it again but I think (not 100% sure, but still doesn't matter) the officer said that he would be taken down if he continued. The guy kept doing it, so the officer took him down. He didn't have to put his hand around his throat maybe, because he obviously wasn't a danger to the cop, just belligerent. Either way, the guy wasn't being choked. Just held.

The point is, if a person with authority tells you to stop doing something and you continue to do it. Bad things are probably going to happen. I guarantee that it has been that way in almost every civilization throughout time.

You are too damn cute, I really mean that. You keep following the rules, everyone knows that they always make sense and only exist for the betterment of all. Except irreverent dancers, of course.
This is your world. You're the creator.
-Bob Motherfucking Ross

Conspirator

PostMon May 30, 2011 3:09 pm » by E6722maj

"if a person with authority tells you to stop doing something "

...then you tell them to go and fuck themselves. authority my arse.
bully boy morons on a power trip, they have zero authority to me. fuck em.

and beat em up :flop:
whatever

Conspirator

PostMon May 30, 2011 3:51 pm » by Perronick

You cannot enforce such a ridiculous law in such a brutal, ridiculous way. It's just nonsense. While represing freedom in the rest of the world and other parts of the Society at your convenience, for example: the crooks in Wall Street, Big Pharma and Military Welfare. You're only promoting blind obedience since you take the common sense away and enforce the nonsense. If you don't judge this "isolated" incident from a wider perspective and connecet the dots, you'll be a boiling frog.

Conspirator

PostMon May 30, 2011 4:05 pm » by 99socks

e6722maj wrote:@ smallworld totally agree :flop:

kick their asses. :cheers: :shooting: :nwo:

Upload to Disclose.tv

I am not a rebel or an anarchist or anything... But that video was... satisfying.
I can't speak about how much of the Constitution is in effect anymore... But thank God we still somewhat resemble a Republic and not a democracy!

http://thethinkingapostate.ghost.io/

Conspirator

PostMon May 30, 2011 4:33 pm » by Harbin

Mission and Value Statement

Mission

We, the United States Park Police, support and further the mission and goals of the Department of the Interior and the National Park Service by providing quality law enforcement to safeguard lives, protect our national treasures and symbols of democracy, and preserve the natural and cultural resources entrusted to us.

Vision

We, the United States Park Police, strive to be the premier police organization within the Federal Government:

• Delivering professional full-service law enforcement to the National Park Service and neighboring communities, thus providing a safe haven for enjoyment of these areas without fear

• Serving people with respect and dignity

• Ensuring citizens are free to exercise safely their First Amendment rights of free speech and assembly

• Providing all employees the opportunity to grow, receive recognition, and thrive with pride within our organization

Values

We, the members of the United States Park Police, believe that integrity, honor and service are the foundation of everything we do.

We insist on fairness and responsibility in all facets of our professional and personal conduct and demand the highest standards of ethical behavior. We are dedicated to protecting human life and to providing quality service to the public, the National Park Service, and the Department of the Interior. We meet community needs with sensitivity, professionalism, and we hold ourselves accountable to each other and to the citizens we serve.

http://www.nps.gov/uspp/mission.htm
Antiwar.com

Conspirator

PostMon May 30, 2011 4:50 pm » by Perronick

Conspirator

PostMon May 30, 2011 8:59 pm » by Epicfailure

rydher wrote:Come on man. I know we disagree on some hot button issues but it seems your just completley mischaracterizing both the situation and my statement. No one is saying you can't dance or protest. What they are saying is that you can't do it in a national monument. They aren't saying you can't do it AT a national monument, just in it.

how can you not do something inside of something when the monument is an outside monument itself? there is no enclosed walls, windows, just some support beams a roof and open area, "Plenty" of open area.

I didn't mischaracterize anything, in fact I just read the whole post and see where you "circumstanced" the situation into something that is the "exact" same thing here:

rydher wrote:Now lets say you and your girl went to the Jefferson memorial. You're both die hard patriots and you got on your knee, popped the question, she said yes, then you hugged and kissed each other while wobbling back and forth. Kind of like high school slow dancing. If the cops then did this, yes they are out of line and something needs to be done.

so you are once again giving a circumstance of a supreme court ruling that is OK and not OK based on circumstance (hence cops kicking down door without a warrant vs. dancing at a memorial) not only that but you are saying that one need for a person proposing is given more right to do that and should not be punished, but anyone who feels like doing it for a purpose shouldn't be allowed to?

there is no law based on biased "circumstance" only contradictory logic.

rydher wrote:Or if a guy got so exited he did a quick little jig to show his excitement. Again, then the police would be out of line if they did this.

let me ask you a question, when you steal from someone does it matter the length of time you spent stealing to be breaking a law?(non-law)

no you are being circumstantial, again.

do you think the president should have a right to hold a press conference in the Jefferson Memorial?

rydher wrote:These people went there as a group with the intention to be disruptive and they were warned. Like I said in a previous post. They had to of done something to get the cops attention for him to approach them and tell them if they danced, they would be arrested. Yet, they defiantly undermined the cops authority and put the police in a situation where they had to act. The cops did not break the law.

but you just stated that given certain circumstances that the police should not be able to body slam you proposing and kissing and dancing in embrace, or if you danced in a quick burst of excitement....

you see given the pretty straight forwardness of laws, there is no "circumstance" you either break a law of you don't, so based on the strict law, the couple that just married and kissed and hugged should then be tackled from left field from a 40 something retired linebacker who drank to much in college and has an ego complex, then forcibly body slammed.... or at least given a ticket for a law (non-law) a "secondary offense" meaning if you have a tail-light out and you keep getting pulled over for it you should be tackled and body slammed for not complying right into the passengers seat and out the other door.

because the cops did the right thing..... right?

rydher wrote:So comparing to not being allowed to demonstrate or protest in a national monument and granting the cops the ability to enter a citizens private home with no reason are two completley different things. And you know it.

no, no they are not.

Conspirator

PostMon May 30, 2011 9:14 pm » by Rydher

Do I really need to spell this out for you or are you just being a dick? I don't think your dumb, but you sure are acting like it. As you are well aware, the police may choose different ways to enforce a law. Take speeding for example. Sometimes they let you off with just a warning, sometimes they give you a ticket. The same law is broken but is handled two different ways.

So, not to confuse you with hypothetical situations that didn't happen. Let's stick to the facts of the story. The group was warned not start dancing, if they did, they would be arrested. The cop didn't even get to finish speaking before some of them started to dance. So he arrested them. The other guy was told to stop walking, yet the guy kept walking. So yeah he got taken down and cuffed. The next time you're driving down the road, doing nothing wrong, and a cop pulls out with his lights on trying to pull you over. Go ahead and not stop and see what happens.

Stop being a douche. Move on. You're wrong.

Conspirator

PostMon May 30, 2011 9:21 pm » by Epicfailure

rydher wrote:Do I really need to spell this out for you or are you just being a dick? I don't think your dumb, but you sure are acting like it. As you are well aware, the police may choose different ways to enforce a law. Take speeding for example. Sometimes they let you off with just a warning, sometimes they give you a ticket. The same law is broken but is handled two different ways.

So, not to confuse you with hypothetical situations that didn't happen. Let's stick to the facts of the story. The group was warned not start dancing, if they did, they would be arrested. The cop didn't even get to finish speaking before some of them started to dance. So he arrested them. The other guy was told to stop walking, yet the guy kept walking. So yeah he got taken down and cuffed. The next time you're driving down the road, doing nothing wrong, and a cop pulls out with his lights on trying to pull you over. Go ahead and not stop and see what happens.

Stop being a douche. Move on. You're wrong.

Felony Evasion of police in a vehicle which is dangerous and a secondary ticket-able offense for dancing is not the same thing.

should a teacher be able to tackle a student because they were dancing in a non dancing area?

how about a sewage worker?

now insults?

good one Big D.

thanks for playing.

PreviousNext