Arrested For Dancing ?

Initiate

PostTue May 31, 2011 3:46 am » by Buhdoo

Ah the land of the free,

Seen too many incidents like this now.. at first you watch this and its like watching a comedy sketch.. but nothing in this world surprises anymore and soon you realise just how sad a place it is.. We humans have restricted ourselves to the point of suffocation.. rules and regulations, leaders and governments.. did we really invent fire and the wheel, cross continents and survive the elements so that we could become this?

That uprising in Egypt.. needs to happen worldwide.. we all need to be free

Initiate

PostTue May 31, 2011 3:53 am » by Christomite

rydher wrote:
perronick wrote:Bottomline is: this is not an isolated issue. Police State is a plague spreading through out the world. If this was an isolated sutuation, and despite the surrealistic scene, I could agree with Rydher. Sadly it's not and we better wake the F now

I agree with you 100% Perronick, but a police state has not arrived...yet. I personally will refuse to allow the "powers that be" make me adopt the attitude of "Us vs. Them". That is exactly what they want and need to happen. And it's exactly what has happened in this situation and is continuing to happen after the fact. It's my opinion that as a whole the US military and police force will not turn on it's citizens, unless there is that 'Us vs. Them" mentality on both sides. I honestly think that the TSA fiasco is a testing grounds on how to create and establish that mindset on both sides.

The police can be and are wrong in situations, but overall I still think they are good people trying their best without an oppressive agenda in mind. You always have dickheads that are to the contrary but as a whole. They are decent people, like you and I.

You put up a damn good fight as the underdog in this thread.....a damn good one. :clapper:

I'm on the fence.Great great great post!

Conspirator

PostTue May 31, 2011 3:56 am » by Perronick

‘Malintent detection’ technology tested in the northeast United States
"The U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has begun field testing new technology designed to identify people who intend to commit a terrorist act. [...]

The technology uses remote sensors to measure physiological properties, such as heart rate and eye movement, which can be used to infer a person's current mindset. [...]

"Behavioral scientists hypothesize that someone with malintent may act strangely, show mannerisms out of the norm, or experience extreme physiological reactions based on the extent, time, and consequences of the event," the report stated. "The FAST technology design capitalizes on these indicators to identify individuals exhibiting characteristics associated with malintent."

The DHS has claimed accuracy rates of around 70 percent, but some scientists have questioned the results."

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/05/30/m ... ed-states/

Initiate

PostTue May 31, 2011 4:48 am » by Theoracle

I think there are a number of good points in this thread.
The video represents many different views .

It is the ever creeping march toward totalitarian .
The abuse of police powers.
The police exercising their rights as our servants.
police protecting an idol of national pride.
people acting like asses and ignoring the fact they are in a public place where they know their actions will elicit a response.
men who wear uniforms
Probably more but its getting late.

the video it self is shocking nobody wants to be man handled like that .
The casual violence is unpleasant and upsetting especially when it comes from, a group who are given responsibility to protect and serve us the people.
The man kissing seamed intoxicated so not of sound judgement, both where obviously looking for attention,
or maybe a special kiss, in front off a special place. a romantic gesture
their true motives are unclear and just speculation needless to say they were not hurting anyone.
personalty I would of like to see the police be more tolerant of these people but once you wear any uniform you are no loner your own man .
You belong to a corporation who feed you, cloth you, protect you now, and in your later years if you stay loyal to the corporation.
So I instinctively dont like uniforms as they are a form of control over mans thinking.
Similar to the vietnam vets who came back from vietnam . Who turned , against war and preached peace and ..NO MORE WAR.
They did what they had to do to survive, but what they had done tainted their souls (all fair in love and war) so to find redemption they look to end all wars by becoming anti war protesters.
so for me if you put on a uniform you become part of the problem that hinders our development as beings of self responsibility.
How ever like I have said before we can not turn back the clock .
Uniforms are now and have been for a long time a necessity to keep society in balance..
The individual cops where doing their jobs ,they worked within the context of the law, but at that moment not in the spirit of law ( liberty and justice and equality for all).
It is the reflection of society that we see in the video. and it makes us very sad when we see what we have become.But who can we blame?
If we our selves can not be the change we want to see..

peace and love theoracle
Peace and love theoracle

Super Moderator

PostTue May 31, 2011 5:00 am » by The57ironman

those kids were in the belly of the beast....putting on a show (baiting).....

still , this is the nature of the society "tptb" have dreamed of....control over everything

..... If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague.......

Conspirator

PostTue May 31, 2011 5:37 am » by Hackjames

Everyone can have an opinion, even if I don't like it.

What everyone can't have is my consent to treat me (or anyone around me, for that matter) the way those officers treated those dancers.

If I want to dance in the Jefferson memorial, or any public place, I will dance there, and if somebody has a problem with that they can deal with me on a personal level, then and there. Justice isn't waiting in the courthouse after you get released from a wrongful imprisonment, unless you're the rare exception...and is that really justice, or luck?

Today many people in the US took the time to remember those who gave up their lives for the idea of freedom, ostensibly at least. If any of you are ever in the position to witness something like these arrests in person and you choose to stand by and do nothing, please take a moment to reflect on those who made your ambivalence possible, and then consider the depth of your own self-interest and cowardice.

Yes, if you let that kind of thing happen without making a real effort to stop it any way you can, you are a coward. The police (or whoever happens to be wearing the uniforms) own you, because you're afraid of them...or maybe you just don't have any real sense of morality to begin with. Either way, I'd come to your defense as well, because it's the right thing to do.

Happy memorial day to all, patriots and cowards alike.
This is your world. You're the creator.
-Bob Motherfucking Ross

Initiate

PostTue May 31, 2011 7:08 am » by Crazynutsx

Grrrr! :twisted:

Writer

PostTue May 31, 2011 7:42 am » by T0ne2

so what happened to freedom of expression by any medium?

Writer

PostTue May 31, 2011 7:49 am » by Stormryder

This used to be the Simi Valley Police Departments moto..
(Pre-Rodney King)

Conspirator

PostThu Jun 02, 2011 10:22 pm » by Harbin

Yes, parodied with the Hitler meme !

Upload to Disclose.tv

Join the protest on June 4th at the Jefferson Memorial.

http://www.naturalnews.com/032569_Adam_Kokesh_dance_protest.html
Antiwar.com

PreviousNext