astral projection help?

Writer

PostWed Dec 02, 2009 12:49 pm » by Blackbarbie2

hi guys need some help from anyone that astral projects. Ive asked about this in the past and been really interested but lost interest after my college work took over. However recently well today and the other day i think i may have astral projected. My mums done it as i woke up and told her about it straight away..

basically this morning after my bf went to work i stayed in bed as its my day off and turned on my side to go to sleep the next this i know im at that point where i know im about to start dreaming but im very conscious of it and ive never had this before. Then the next this is i feel this jerking sensation .. that is all i can describe it as.. its like when you jerk a car except its coming from inside me like somethings pulling at me. my hearing also goes funny like a poped ear but without the sensation.. just the sensation of going sort of death.also i try to move my leg because it was like i didnt want to but i cant then i finally do and it sort of wakes me but then i have the jerk and this happens i remember trying to shout my brother so im shouting and shouting but in a dream you shout and nothing comes out and you know but while this was happening i actually thought i was shouting him. next im on my bed getting up but im finding it really hard to get up and im sort of falling as im doing it i stand up eventually and look at my wardrobe and i see something like a mist and think someones there and bang then next im on the stairs and my mums there but doesnt see me but then she does... this is where i think im dreaming? ... then she grabs me i fall back and my mouth unsticks and i wake up.

can anyone tell me from experience whether or not i am astral projecting or just dreaming? i kind of get the feeling im doing both? but can you dream without a spirit? also when i wake up i feel sick and really dizzy. please someone answer me.

barbie =] xx

Conspirator

PostWed Dec 02, 2009 12:56 pm » by Proto

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

Physiologically, sleep paralysis is closely related to the paralysis that occurs as a natural part of REM (rapid eye movement) sleep, which is known as REM atonia. Sleep paralysis occurs when the brain awakes from a REM state, but the body paralysis persists. This leaves the person fully conscious, but unable to move. The paralysis can last from several seconds to several minutes "after which the individual may experience panic symptoms and the realization that the distorted perceptions were false".[5] As the correlation with REM sleep suggests, the paralysis is not entirely complete; use of EOG traces shows that eye movement can be instigated during such episodes.[6] When there is an absence of narcolepsy, sleep paralysis is referred to as isolated sleep paralysis (ISP).[7]

In addition, the paralysis state may be accompanied by terrifying hallucinations (hypnopompic or hypnagogic) and an acute sense of danger.[8] Sleep paralysis is particularly frightening to the individual because of the vividness of such hallucinations.[7] The hallucinatory element to sleep paralysis makes it even more likely that someone will interpret the experience as a dream, since completely fanciful, or dream-like, objects may appear in the room alongside one's normal vision. Some scientists have proposed this condition as an explanation for alien abductions and ghostly encounters.[9] A study by Susan Blackmore and Marcus Cox (the Blackmore-Cox study) of the University of the West of England supports the suggestion that reports of alien abductions are related to sleep paralysis rather than to temporal lobe lability.[10]

Many perceptions associated with sleep paralysis (visceral buzzing, loud sounds, adrenal mental state, presences, and the paralysis itself) also constitute a common phase in the early progression of episodes referred to as out of body experiences.[15][16] Mental focus varies between the two conditions; paralysis sufferers tend to fixate on reestablishing operation of the body, whereas subjects of out-of-body episodes are more occupied by perceived non-equivalence with the body.

Writer

PostWed Dec 02, 2009 1:23 pm » by Blackbarbie2

it does sound like that but that sound like astral projection too. it doesnt account for the sensation nor does it account for the lightness i felt and my hearing or the way things looked. it literally feels as though something is tugging quite hard at me. however if it is this sleep paralysis i think its the 3rd time in about a week and a half its happened maybe i should go to the docs? lol

is there anyone on disclose who does astral project and can remember the first time they did it??

barbie =] xx

Initiate

PostWed Dec 02, 2009 2:52 pm » by Happydayz

Barbie,

You said you saw your mum on the stairs and she saw you. Have you spoken to her to ask if she did see anything strange on the stairs?

From what you're explaining, it does sound like an OBE to me. It sounds very similar to some experiences I've had. I've not experienced much, as I only practiced it for a little while but I did have 3 experiences but they only lasted a few seconds each; however, a few days ago I too decided to start practicing again.

I've got some interesting radio interviews and documentaries on my YouTube channel regarding this topic and you may find them interesting if you haven't already heard or seen them.
http://www.youtube.com/user/dukeselwood

Writer

PostWed Dec 02, 2009 3:34 pm » by Blackbarbie2

happydayz wrote:Barbie,

You said you saw your mum on the stairs and she saw you. Have you spoken to her to ask if she did see anything strange on the stairs?

From what you're explaining, it does sound like an OBE to me. It sounds very similar to some experiences I've had. I've not experienced much, as I only practiced it for a little while but I did have 3 experiences but they only lasted a few seconds each; however, a few days ago I too decided to start practicing again.

I've got some interesting radio interviews and documentaries on my YouTube channel regarding this topic and you may find them interesting if you haven't already heard or seen them.
http://www.youtube.com/user/dukeselwood

ive spoke to my mum and she says she thinks i was dreaming but if i am why did it feel like i was getting up? and why could i see stuff and what was i feeling? why couldnt i hear? why do i feel sick? lol the thing is i dont practice it but maybe i should start to embrace it if its coming naturally to me? i felt like i didnt want to do it like i didnt want it to happen. Ill be honest i do have extremely realistic dreams and very scary ones sometimes.. particularly about ghosts i also lucid dream but havent done it in a while.. i did it quite a few times about 5months ago and havent since. my mum can astral project though she was saying this morning that once when she did it she looked down and saw herself in bed then just thumped back down and sat up bolt right.

barbie =] xx

Initiate

PostWed Dec 02, 2009 3:43 pm » by Samkenman

Barbie....I study an art called Qigong. Its a study of the natural energy we all have, and the ways in which one can manipulate them. Part of the training includes practicing control over your dreams. Wether you are dreaming or projecting, some of these exercises may help you learn to control yourself, whatever the case may be .

A link for ya...check this out :rtft: http://www.nqa.org/qigong.html
Take it easy...and if its easy...take it twice!!