Atheism vs. GOD, ToothDefender, this is for you baby!

Conspirator

PostSat Aug 10, 2013 9:14 pm » by Truthdefender

Truthdefender wrote:Black bananas are actually good for banana bread. The sad part is the guy who made that awful vid, just schooled PhD's and PhD's in training. Good response though brother, well received! Hope you are well man.

:cheers:

PS, been defending these pearlies my whole life

Thought I handled it just fine. See above. All in good fun. I was just pointing out the ass kissing and back patting on what really didn't equate to a good come back. I'm all smiles man. Plus I had wanted you to comment on the actual material. It must be below you, my apologies. This wasn't for debate, but your viewing pleasure. When I said they must not have interviewed our resident evolutionist, it was a back handed compliment, but still one at that. I believe you are a softy though after this. Very sensitive dude. My thin seems much thicker, despite all my short comings.

Upload to Disclose.tv

Upload to Disclose.tv

In Christ are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge

Conspirator

PostSat Aug 10, 2013 9:53 pm » by Bleever

Constabul wrote:
Truthdefender wrote:http://www.disclose.tv/forum/evolution-vs-god-contable-this-is-for-you-baby-t86033.html

Just so people can see how truly lacking your 'comeback' really is. And so that they can evaluate the responses given by like minded atheists and naturalists when confronted with questions which expose the limitations and contradictions of those world views.

Wow tooth, you can dish it out, but cant seem to handle a bit of your own thrown back at you...

Noted.

I'm not an atheist, and so they are not 'like' minded. Nor was the video an exploration of Current advancements or even recent advancements in fields of study that encompass evolutionary science.
I do not believe in Your God so that is enough for you and others like you to view me as atheist. But you are not inquiring to what I think, you are projecting what your faith views me as.

Biology, genetics, anthropology, comparative anatomy, studies of mutation and variation in natural populations, Paleontology and molecular phylogenetics, geology and various studies of fossil record, Mendelian genetics, microbiology, horizontal gene transfer, epigenetic inheritance...

Most of these are off the top of my head and have led to advancements in the understanding of evolution. NOW.. if you are focusing on arguing over a Darwin. Well i have some bad news for you.
The thoughts and theories of evolution started Waaaay before him. It goes back to greek, roman, chinese sources..

The problem about arguing over the 'origin' of life , or the 'evolution' of man is. You are working from a premise that has a finished product stamp on it 'God Did It' Points to --->Genesis

Science is approaching it from an investigative approach. Having to start without all the data necessary to illustrate how it was done. Not at the beginning, not at the end, and really not in the middle.. While nitwits Christians and atheists(who are just anti christian in most cases) wanna have their lil bitch fit and use unfinished data to try and shore up either side of the bullshit they spew.

Yes you spew bullshit. The data is present, and developing. I made a comment in another thread about Open, and Closed books.
Religion is closed book. You have your answer. It was spelled out for you to put your faith in And that is That.

Science For one, is not a religion. It is a tool, a mechanism to observe and measure by, to test that data, to under stand the processes of (various and attempting) all things. This is an open book process. There is not an end page, there is not a revelations at the end of the book. Pages are being added and edited.

The vague haze that over clouds this fact. Is morons who are premature in jumping out there, using either source to try and quantify their existence. Everyone wants to be special and live in that special time...

So what are you really trying to debate here Truthdefender? Are you trying to have me debate random people being asked pointed questions? are we debating illustration of quotes of men of antiquity?
Are you trying to use an unfinished product to shore up your self doubt? There are ideas out there for how life began, but if you want to just pew pew a theory, to try and shore up your short comings. I'm not the one you wish to debate.

I already know you wont discuss the science that prove the mechanisms evolutionary science, It not that i cant believe what you say, or listen objectively, it is that the data is insurmountable to what you could say. If it was just one field of science that backed this would be one thing. Hell even 3 or 4, i might could go into imagination land and ignore the data.. I only listed the ones that came to me, there are many more fields/disciplines the science of evolution crosses.

I'm not talking about darwins theory.. that has to be said over and over for some..

So other then bitching about how unclever you felt something was, compared to How clever you Thought you were being.. What is the point here?

Hey Const..science is a subject i have been more interested in.

I found this interesting, With the recent understanding of genetics and coding of DNA scientists now understand we seem to 'coded'. Since the 1950's when Watson and Crick first illuminated the chemical structure and information bearing properties of DNA, biologists have come to understand that living things, as much as today's high tech devices, depend upon digital information - information that, in the case of LIFE, is stored in a four character chemical code embedded within the twisting, figure of a double helix From this factual based info, the phrase 'information revolutions' was coined . - please do not confuse this with revolutions of human discovery or invention but revolutions involving dramatic increases in the information present within the living world itself.

Scientists now know that building a living organism requires information, and building a fundamentally new form of life from a simpler form of life requires an 'IMMENSE' amount of 'NEW' information. Scientists (or perhaps educated or emotionally based atheists) attempting to explain the origin of life must NOW explain how both information rich molecules and the cell's (keep in mind we also understand we have 6 feet of DNA code within each living cell, we are made up of over trillions and trillions of them - this is surely a feat only by God, and removes the 'Chance' component entirely) information processing system arose? Are we to understand it arose from 'nothing'??

I was hoping (sincerely) you might be able to shed light on this subject?

Would your view be more like Theistic Evolution?

God essentially began creation and the pulled back from working directly in creation to work instead through the natural process of evolution. The only exception here is God involving himself directly again in the making of the human spirit. This view accepts the hypothesis of evolution but seeks to insert God as the creator of matter and overseer of the evolutionary process.

The problem I run into here is in Genesis 1 - each species had 'offspring according to its kind".

Before we go too far off in this topic, do you believe in a eternal Creator of some sort?

EDIT---> For instance I believe you can create a rational argument for the existence of a eternal Creator without the worldview of Christianity. However, as far as I can tell, you cannot put together a rational argument for the existence of no Creator.
Jesus died our death so that we may receive His life.

Conspirator

PostSat Aug 10, 2013 10:17 pm » by Constabul

Bleever wrote:Hey Const..science is a subject i have been more interested in.

I found this interesting, With the recent understanding of genetics and coding of DNA scientists now understand we seem to 'coded'. Since the 1950's when Watson and Crick first illuminated the chemical structure and information bearing properties of DNA, biologists have come to understand that living things, as much as today's high tech devices, depend upon digital information - information that, in the case of LIFE, is stored in a four character chemical code embedded within the twisting, figure of a double helix From this factual based info, the phrase 'information revolutions' was coined . - please do not confuse this with revolutions of human discovery or invention but revolutions involving dramatic increases in the information present within the living world itself.

Scientists now know that building a living organism requires information, and building a fundamentally new form of life from a simpler form of life requires an 'IMMENSE' amount of 'NEW' information. Scientists (or perhaps educated or emotionally based atheists) attempting to explain the origin of life must NOW explain how both information rich molecules and the cell's (keep in mind we also understand we have 6 feet of DNA code within each living cell, we are made up of over trillions and trillions of them - this is surely a feat only by God, and removes the 'Chance' component entirely) information processing system arose? Are we to understand it arose from 'nothing'??

God essentially began creation and the pulled back from working directly in creation to work instead through the natural process of evolution. The only exception here is God involving himself directly again in the making of the human spirit. This view accepts the hypothesis of evolution but seeks to insert God as the creator of matter and overseer of the evolutionary process.

The problem I run into here is in Genesis 1 - each species had 'offspring according to its kind".

Before we go too far off in this topic, do you believe in a eternal Creator of some sort?

EDIT---> For instance I believe you can create a rational argument for the existence of a eternal Creator without the worldview of Christianity. However, as far as I can tell, you cannot put together a rational argument for the existence of no Creator.

Hey man, sure i will exercise my brain with you. But I would humbly* ask you copy paste this to a new topic if you wish to discuss this further. This thread was in response to a Cleaver individual, and their thread.
And is not the right format to transition into this sort of in depth discussion. Will wait a few see if you pop a thread up, if not i will in a bit with the title. Biological origins.. or something like that.
heating up some food and do not wish to get distracted and let it burn. The only easy, short answers are the ones that really do not answer anything.

Conspirator

PostSat Aug 10, 2013 10:35 pm » by Bleever

Constabul wrote:
Bleever wrote:Hey Const..science is a subject i have been more interested in.

Hey man, sure i will exercise my brain with you. But I would humbles ask you copy paste this to a new topic if you wish to discuss this further. This thread was in response to a Cleaver individual, and their thread.
And is not the right format to transition into this sort of in depth discussion. Will wait a few see if you pop a thread up, if not i will in a bit with the title. Biological origins.. or something like that.
heating up some food and do not wish to get distracted and let it burn. The only easy, short answers are the ones that really do not answer anything.

Word.

I have to step out and take the fam to get some frozen yogurt and then Im off to the store. I will look for the thread, if not I will get one out as well. We can go pre- Darwin if you like...or we can talk about anything, however, based on your intelligent level you clearly have an advantage over me so I will thank you in advance in making a better person.
Jesus died our death so that we may receive His life.

Conspirator

PostSat Aug 10, 2013 11:45 pm » by Doogle

Just need to let the cat out for a shit, but please, carry on guys.

Previous