Skeptic's 9 minutes in Heaven

Initiate

PostTue Oct 29, 2013 3:38 am » by Innosent

The out of body experience is a real phenomena. I myself have been there. Having been taught evolutionary biology from the public education system I can safely say that I was an agnostic beforehand. Afterwards I became more open minded to the possibility of some kind of life after death. I still believe most religious institutions are completely unnecessary. Jesus would be appalled that unbelievers are greedily profiting off his words.

Initiate

PostTue Oct 29, 2013 5:22 am » by Ishumble

90 minutes in Heaven :D

Upload to Disclose.tv

Initiate

PostTue Oct 29, 2013 2:47 pm » by Truthseekerx

Spock wrote:
Truthseekerx wrote:[color=#00FFFF]For about the past 15 years now, I have been able to leave my body on numerous occasions...

Were these planned? If so, could you go through your process?

The first time it happened, I got out of bed in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom. As I approached the bathroom, I heard my spouse cough and roll over in bed. I glanced back toward the bed and saw my body sleeping beside my spouse. I was shocked. I thought, either this is a dream or I am dead. I looked out the window and saw the moon's reflection on the lake beside my home. I smelled sawdust from the renovations we were doing. I heard the TV in my son's room down the hall (he sometimes falls asleep with it on). Every detail in my bedroom looked normal. (You don't need your body to perceive anything.) I wasn't dreaming so I thought I must have died. The moment I felt fear, I experienced a rush back toward my body, a sinking feeling, and then the weight of my body on top of the bed. I opened my body's eyes and looked around. I saw the same moon's reflection on the lake, the smell of sawdust, the sound of my son's TV down the hall...

The next few times I left my body were involuntary to. I slowly got used to the idea of being outside my body because I realized that it did not cause my body to die. I also learned that the distance from my body had no bearing on my connection to it. The only thing that mattered was my INTENTION to return to it. (Of course, your body must also be viable in order to return to it. If it is damaged beyond repair from an accident or disease, returning to it is futile.)

I wanted to learn how to induce these experiences at will. Since I kept leaving my body around my sleep cycle, I taught myself how to put my body into a deep state of relaxation. I use breathing techniques to gradually relax every muscle in my body and slow my pulse. I clear my mind from all thoughts. Just before I feel my body go to sleep, I gently push away from my body using intention. I already knew what it felt like to leave my body, so I just try to duplicate that. This takes a lot of practice because if I don't push away from my body just before it falls asleep, I go unconscious for the night too. Eventually, I got the timing right and I can leave at will now.

The other thing I had to learn was how to re-enter my body properly. I used to re-enter much too fast and this gave me a headache for the day. Now I just slowly position myself in close proximity to my body and I find that re-entry occurs rather automatically.

There was a time when I went so far away from my body (into very unfamiliar territory) that it was a challenge to locate my body. Then I realized that, as long as my body was still alive, I still had control over it. From a distance, I learned to shake my body. That gave me a beacon back to it. The first couple of times I did that, it really freaked out my spouse because, apparently, the shaking was quite violent. So now I just give it a little nudge. That's all that is necessary.

[/color]

Initiate

PostTue Oct 29, 2013 7:06 pm » by Truthseekerx

Spock wrote:Extreme cynism is a protection mechanism. To admit the possibility would be to relinquish perceived control by admitting there are things that, not only can we not understand or appreciate, but that we might not agree with too.

It's just fear of death. Understandable really, since a lot of deaths are painful. And we have all experienced a LOT of deaths.

Conspirator

PostTue Oct 29, 2013 10:42 pm » by Constabul

Truthseekerx wrote:It's just fear of death. Understandable really, since a lot of deaths are painful. And we have all experienced a LOT of deaths.

This is what you presume it to be, just as easily as I can say that individuals who gravitate towards an 'afterlife' are scared to let go of what they are, what they have learned, and the people they love.
Is the Ego transcendent?
Or is it a matter of patterns that fit the vessel they are in at the time manifested till the product of decay results in a new transference /manifestation. Without previous structure/pattern intact(ego).

You presume fear, due to it fitting the mold of the box you have constructed for your self. I can say I personally do not know, an knowingly say the same of any truly honest person.
I observe patterns in nature, this give me clues to form opinion of how I see things, but it is only an opinion.
The mind can trick us into all sorts of comfort zones, an afterlife with a 'creator' is no less a mind trick.
It is a taught belief structure that does not manifest uniformly in human.
A desire to continue on in some capacity that is more then what we see.
That is the true fear.

Yes we experience LOTS of deaths, to live others creatures, 'creations' (if you will) must die.
We watch people we love disappear as we ourselves grow older, and eventually die.

To know Death, is to realize what is living.
Because at some point for us all it (life) will be gone.

My view stands this lady is out to sell a book, it is a bs story, but one many can relate to and empathize with to give them hope. Enjoy that, buy the book, it is your choice. I see no difference here then many others we see come, along jump into a genre, and use it to their benefit.
2012- end of the wolrd
Nibiru- again end of the world
NWO- various slants
UFOs- debatable (and i have seen what i would call UFOs But is a wide topic/book base)
Lizard people- yadda yadda
Etc
I think you may get the gist.

Super Moderator

PostTue Oct 29, 2013 10:48 pm » by Spock

Truthseeker, if you have it down to a formula like that - then you have got to go be tested and studied.

There are some simple tests that can validate this, and if proven accurate, would open up an entirely new realm of science and research, with funding.

I do believe this can happen, I have a hard time accepting it is something that can be accomplished at the drop of a hat, on the other hand, I would imagine that if it can be done, then there is probably someone who can do it pretty much at will.

Initiate

PostWed Oct 30, 2013 1:03 am » by Truthseekerx

Spock wrote:Truthseeker, if you have it down to a formula like that - then you have got to go be tested and studied.

There are some simple tests that can validate this, and if proven accurate, would open up an entirely new realm of science and research, with funding.

I do believe this can happen, I have a hard time accepting it is something that can be accomplished at the drop of a hat, on the other hand, I would imagine that if it can be done, then there is probably someone who can do it pretty much at will.

Tested by whom and for what purpose? If you understand who funds such projects then you would understand why I'd NEVER agree to do this. It has been proven to me, through my own direct experience, which is certainly all I need. Guaranteed, this ability is VERY well known to the PTB--and actively suppressed and ridiculed. Not something I'm interested in being a part of.

There is a reason why the average person on this planet does not know how to leave their body--they're not supposed to. Sounds paranoid? Well, let me pose these (vague) questions to you: if you are not stuck in a body, how big of a threat are you to the secrets of others? Powerful criminals protect their secrets at all costs. Walls, floors, vaults and security guards can only stop you when you are in a body. Get my drift?

Bottom line is, until someone experiences it directly, they won't truly believe it is possible. I know I wouldn't. Something is only true for me when I have direct evidence of it.

Super Moderator

PostWed Oct 30, 2013 1:12 am » by Spock

Are you in the states Truthseeker?

The Division of Perceptual Studies - School of Medicine at the University of Virginia

http://www.medicine.virginia.edu/clinical/departments/psychiatry/sections/cspp/dops/

Super Moderator

PostWed Oct 30, 2013 1:15 am » by Spock

There are some tests that have been set up in ERs, Trauma Centers and ICUs, where objects are purposely placed on top of shelves, etc., in an attempt to validate some of the NDE, OBE stories.

Initiate

PostWed Oct 30, 2013 1:48 am » by pushtone

out of body - life goes on while one aimlessly wanders around it :wink:

cheers.

% of books takings goes to research into xxxxxxxxxxxxx - or just her pocket ?
- - -

"If we take eternity to mean not infinite temporal duration but timelessness, then eternal life belongs to those who live in the present.

Ludwig Wittgenstein.

PreviousNext