Atheist could be beheaded!

Conspirator
Location: 'Happiness is the angle at which the wise are gathered'

PostThu Feb 09, 2012 1:46 am » by SamueltheLion

When atheists stop feeling sorry for believers and believers stop feeling sorry for atheists then We begin to move in on in the right direction... People dont respect or even accept other peoples opinions or convictions.... I am sometimes one of the guilty...

amen to that doza.

mutual respect is not a luxury, it is a necessity.

fuck anyone who says otherwise, hehe, oh the irony J/K!

:look:

you secretly know why any atheist could be beheaded? it's because he might be right, and a mass delusion could be revealed, oh noez! it is for no other reason than that everyone takes everything super seriously. remember the death threats about the cartoon drawings of muhammed the bomber? Where were the millions of "moderate muslims" speaking out, denouncing the THREATS of violence? eh?

makes me feel all mushy inside, knowing they got my back and stuff.

where the hell are the COMEDIANS?! they seriously need some over there.

:roll:

but then again, atheists are mostly delusional too. unable to see the design in nature, it's just that their delusion is not a shared and quasi-coherent one, so it is a lot less potent...

:think:

at least we have one another, or, do we really? i feel quite warm and snuggly with a few personages here on DTV, like i could trust them with my life if i really needed to, without even really knowing them.

ah, i guess that's the wonder of the internet

Cheers to everyone!

:cheers:

re: spock most recent reply: use different words.

ach, it's a mad world.

too mad for anyone to tame methinks.

methinks it may be more fruitful to just 'tempt to tame one's own mind frame.

:flop:
Last edited by SamueltheLion on Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Your faith will make you whole

Conspirator

PostThu Feb 09, 2012 1:49 am » by Constabul

spock wrote:Damn, that's freakin' BRUTAL!

I just had a long conversation with my 17 year old son this weekend that laid it on me he thought he was an atheist. I was disheartened by that proclamation, sickened really. But after a while he came around to believe he was an agnostic, which greatly relieved me.

The rejection of the idea of a God is no different from any faith based religion. No facts to support the idea, and no subjective experience to base the idea of there being no God.

I feel sorry for all atheists as to me, this world would seem so meaningless without even humoring the idea of a God in this hostile universe. Something greater than ourselves that knows more than we could ever learn, but that is just my definition.

And then there's whacked out Moozies that want to butcher people that don't share their faith. Much the same strong language as we get from the proud atheists on this forum that wish to wipe out the religious.

You're right Slith. Pathetic.

Think you are being a bit disingenuous here spock, as far, as i have seen. No where as any atheist proclaimed here, they want to kill all the religious folks. Be rid of religion as a influencing factor, Indeed, But killing? Not saying it couldn't happen. There are plenty of cases where it may have been insinuated, but Christians do the same with the whole, "your going to hell" bit. People project their inner desires and pass it off as religious dogma, it is a big problem in modern society.
I also would rather be rid of all religions, and i'm considered agnostic, doesn't mean i want all of you dead. That will happen eventually anyway.

Initiate

PostThu Feb 09, 2012 1:50 am » by Cognoscenti

Religion in general has done more to the detriment of humanity than its enlightenment, and spiritual development. It's purely a human mechanism of control, nothing more and nothing less.

Conspirator
Location: 'Happiness is the angle at which the wise are gathered'

PostThu Feb 09, 2012 1:55 am » by SamueltheLion

cognoscenti wrote:Religion in general has done more to the detriment of humanity than its enlightenment, and spiritual development. It's purely a human mechanism of control, nothing more and nothing less.

wellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll...

i can see where you're coming from. kind of.

i think it's oversimplified.

so i disagree, some parts of religion are very good, they can take you places, show you doors, and genuinely are about freedom (and innerliberation; the truth shall set you free) (meditation in buddhism, genuflection in christianity, philosophy in empircal rationalism, focus of will in magical systems!), but then there are other not so good parts. .

it's all about what you decide to do with it. the book is dead, it is the preacher who's hand it is in that brings it to life, and decides in which way to bring it to life.

there are a thousand and one ways to tell the same story, and all of them influence the audience to act slightly differently.

you can enslave people by "selling them" freedom, made in china, remember?

:banana:
Last edited by SamueltheLion on Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Your faith will make you whole

Super Moderator

PostThu Feb 09, 2012 1:55 am » by Spock

constabul wrote:Think you are being a bit disingenuous here spock, as far, as i have seen. No where as any atheist proclaimed here, they want to kill all the religious folks. Be rid of religion as a influencing factor, Indeed, But killing? Not saying it couldn't happen. There are plenty of cases where it may have been insinuated, but Christians do the same with the whole, "your going to hell" bit. People project their inner desires and pass it off as religious dogma, it is a big problem in modern society.
I also would rather be rid of all religions, and i'm considered agnostic, doesn't mean i want all of you dead. That will happen eventually anyway.

I tend to agree with everything you said, except the disingenuous part.

Conspirator

PostThu Feb 09, 2012 1:56 am » by Fatdogmendoza

spock wrote:I'm guilty FatDog. I have a hard time respecting atheists, but it is in general because they are so rabid against people of faith while not admitting they live by a faith as well. Kind of the ole, picking the speck out of someones eye and failing to recognize the plank in their own.

Thats sterotyping though isnt it spock... Yes some of us our guilty of missing or ignoring the plank but some of us are not... Whats more important faith or religion, they are not indistinguishable... you pick mate because it is a personal choice and pathway ... And yes I do agree that islam is a conquer all and convert all religion... But its a religion at its utmost basic...and that is totally unacceptable... Fundamentalism is the problem, fundamentalists and wannabe converters in any religion..
Last edited by Fatdogmendoza on Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Conspirator

PostThu Feb 09, 2012 1:56 am » by Constabul

spock wrote:
constabul wrote:Think you are being a bit disingenuous here spock, as far, as i have seen. No where as any atheist proclaimed here, they want to kill all the religious folks. Be rid of religion as a influencing factor, Indeed, But killing? Not saying it couldn't happen. There are plenty of cases where it may have been insinuated, but Christians do the same with the whole, "your going to hell" bit. People project their inner desires and pass it off as religious dogma, it is a big problem in modern society.

I tend to agree with everything you said, except the disingenuous part.

lol

Damn, my spelling nazi super sense failed me, your/you're
Drat

Super Moderator

PostThu Feb 09, 2012 2:12 am » by -Marduk-

dlslith wrote:Human race as a whole = pathetic. All around

Initiate

PostThu Feb 09, 2012 2:20 am » by Cognoscenti

@samthemule: meditation, genuflection (an act of deference to the idea of a devine order in the universe), Philosophy in empirical rationalism, and "focus of will" can all be practiced independently of any association with religion.

Super Moderator

PostThu Feb 09, 2012 1:12 pm » by Spock

fatdogmendoza wrote:
Thats sterotyping though isnt it spock... Yes some of us our guilty of missing or ignoring the plank but some of us are not... Whats more important faith or religion, they are not indistinguishable... you pick mate because it is a personal choice and pathway ... And yes I do agree that islam is a conquer all and convert all religion... But its a religion at its utmost basic...and that is totally unacceptable... Fundamentalism is the problem, fundamentalists and wannabe converters in any religion..

Faith is more important, to me anyway. I see religion as all the pageantry, dogma, hearsay, ritual built around faith. It's monotonous at best.

On my own personal journey, I fell away from the religion of my youth, became agnostic, then I dare say atheist, but was compelled to come back to a belief in God. I read the Bible on my own and the burning question to me was, where does all that other shit come from? I looked at it as if I was on a desert island and had no input from outside religious sources, just the book and the message of the book alone, and my stripped down version I finally understood when Jesus said, "My yoke is easy and my burden is light". "Religion" makes the burden heavy, inclusive, judgmental, repetitive, narrow, and i can't see a creator being that way. If God was truly alive in the lives of those people, then he must be alive in all our lives and there would not be enough trees on the planet to support the pages of how he has intervened and carried on His story. That's the belief system I adhere to, makes most sense to me, and seems legit. I believe God is much more forgiving than humans will ever be.

PreviousNext