Atheist could be beheaded!

Initiate

PostWed Feb 08, 2012 10:32 pm » by Debunkerace

[youtube]uvLS9SQ9QHw&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Human rights activists in Indonesia are demanding the release of a man who wrote on Facebook that he did not believe in God.

Alexander An, a 31-year-old civil servant, is facing five years in prison after being charged with defamation of religion.

He says he started to question the existence of God when he was a child.

The trouble began when civil servant Alexander Aan posted a message on the Facebook page of Atheist Minang, a group of Indonesians with godless beliefs. It read: "God doesn't exist."

The post so enraged residents in Aan's hometown of Pulau Punjung in West Sumatra province that an angry mob of dozens stormed his office and beat up the 31-year-old.

To add insult to injury, police then arrested him and now want to press blasphemy charges that could see him locked up for five years.

Muslim extremists have called for Aan to be beheaded but fellow atheists have rallied round, and urged him to stand by his convictions despite the pressure.
Face what you think you believe and you will be surprised.

Conspirator
Location: 'Happiness is the angle at which the wise are gathered'

PostThu Feb 09, 2012 12:05 am » by SamueltheLion

fucking morons.

how weak does your belief in god have to be that you beat others who say they don't believe

/sigh

animals!

i wish islam would just dissapear.

seems like total bullshit, i never hear anything good about it, then again, i don't travel enough, maybe i should get real life experience and go out and meet people, instead of listening to the news so much. lol.

:peep:
Your faith will make you whole

Initiate

PostThu Feb 09, 2012 12:28 am » by Debunkerace

The Inquisition started in the 12th century with the introduction of torture in the persecution of heresy.
Before the 12th century, the Catholic Church already suppressed heresy ,usually through a system of ecclesiastical proscription or imprisonment, but without using torture and seldom resorting to executions.

Historians distinguish four different manifestations of the Inquisition:
the Medieval Inquisition (1231–16th century)
the Spanish Inquisition (1478–1834)
the Portuguese Inquisition (1536–1821)
the Roman Inquisition (1542 – c. 1860)

Roman Inquisition activity continued until the mid-19th century, notably in the well-publicised Mortara Affair (1858–1870). In 1908 the name of the Congregation became "The Sacred Congregation of the Holy Office", which in 1965 further changed to "Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith", as retained to the present day.
Face what you think you believe and you will be surprised.

Super Moderator

PostThu Feb 09, 2012 1:00 am » by Slith

Human race as a whole = pathetic. All around

Super Moderator

PostThu Feb 09, 2012 1:24 am » by Spock

Damn, that's freakin' BRUTAL!

I just had a long conversation with my 17 year old son this weekend that laid it on me he thought he was an atheist. I was disheartened by that proclamation, sickened really. But after a while he came around to believe he was an agnostic, which greatly relieved me.

The rejection of the idea of a God is no different from any faith based religion. No facts to support the idea, and no subjective experience to base the idea of there being no God.

I feel sorry for all atheists as to me, this world would seem so meaningless without even humoring the idea of a God in this hostile universe. Something greater than ourselves that knows more than we could ever learn, but that is just my definition.

And then there's whacked out Moozies that want to butcher people that don't share their faith. Much the same strong language as we get from the proud atheists on this forum that wish to wipe out the religious.

You're right Slith. Pathetic.

Conspirator
Location: 'Happiness is the angle at which the wise are gathered'

PostThu Feb 09, 2012 1:38 am » by SamueltheLion

I love america, i hate americans, modern day ones.

or rather, i hate the garbage that is infesting their minds: THAT'S RIGHT, I HATE IT, HATE IT, HATE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

where are the cleaners? the purifiers?

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

What do you hate?

HATE something, CHANGE something.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure.

Thomas Jefferson....................

where is that spirit???

"You are a den of vipers. I intend to rout you out and by the Eternal God I will rout you out. If the people only understood the rank injustice of our money and banking system, there would be a revolution before morning."

Andrew Jackson

excuse me, i'm a bit... nutty lately, but ffs, things have GOT TO change.

then again, they always do, and always are.

:|

Oh hey spock, sorry to hear about your son, kind of.

I think a great many disputes and arguments are caused by the misuse and ignorance of the connotation of words.
atheist is a term of offense for some, and a term of endearment for others.

what's so wrong with not believing in a personal god? i never did get that memo, even though i'm inclined to believe in many, myself.

:cheers:

as for the op: we will continue to commit atrocities as long as we believe absurdities, as the saying goes.

:shooting:

i never did get the moral of the story of abraham being willing to kill his son, and the angel swooping down to stop him.

why should a father ever be willing to kill his son?

can someone explain ?
Last edited by SamueltheLion on Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Your faith will make you whole

Conspirator

PostThu Feb 09, 2012 1:41 am » by Fatdogmendoza

spock wrote:Damn, that's freakin' BRUTAL!

I just had a long conversation with my 17 year old son this weekend that laid it on me he thought he was an atheist. I was disheartened by that proclamation, sickened really. But after a while he came around to believe he was an agnostic, which greatly relieved me.

The rejection of the idea of a God is no different from any faith based religion. No facts to support the idea, and no subjective experience to base the idea of there being no God.

I feel sorry for all atheists as to me, this world would seem so meaningless without even humoring the idea of a God in this hostile universe. Something greater than ourselves that knows more than we could ever learn, but that is just my definition.

And then there's whacked out Moozies that want to butcher people that don't share their faith. Much the same strong language as we get from the proud atheists on this forum that wish to wipe out the religious.

When atheists stop feeling sorry for believers and believers stop feeling sorry for atheists then We begin to move in on in the right direction... People dont respect or even accept other peoples opinions or convictions.... I am sometimes one of the guilty... :think:
Canubis wrote:slith dont b A noob.. u r my no 1 mo fo

Conspirator

PostThu Feb 09, 2012 1:43 am » by Fatdogmendoza

samuelthemule wrote:I love america, i hate americans, modern day ones.

or rather, i hate the garbage that is infesting their minds: THAT'S RIGHT, I HATE IT, HATE IT, HATE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

where are the cleaners? the purifiers?

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

What do you hate?

HATE something, CHANGE something.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure.

Thomas Jefferson....................

where is that spirit???

"You are a den of vipers. I intend to rout you out and by the Eternal God I will rout you out. If the people only understood the rank injustice of our money and banking system, there would be a revolution before morning."

Andrew Jackson

excuse me, i'm a bit... nutty lately, but ffs, things have GOT TO change.

then again, they always do, and always are.

:|

Oh hey spock, sorry to hear about your son, kind of.

I think a great many disputes and arguments are caused by the misuse and ignorance of the connotation of words.
atheist is a term of offense for some, and a term of endearment for others.

what's so wrong with not believing in a personal god? i never did get that memo, even though i'm inclined to believe in many, myself.

:cheers:

as for the op: we will continue to commit atrocities as long as we believe absurdities, as the saying goes.

:shooting:

i never did get the moral of the story of abraham being willing to kill his son, and the angel swooping down to stop him.

why should a father ever be willing to kill his son?

can someone explain ?

:flop: :flop:
Canubis wrote:slith dont b A noob.. u r my no 1 mo fo

Super Moderator

PostThu Feb 09, 2012 1:45 am » by Slith

spock wrote:Damn, that's freakin' BRUTAL!

So true Spock. And at the end of the day. either, or. We just want to go home to our families and live our lives. Prost sir!

Super Moderator

PostThu Feb 09, 2012 1:45 am » by Spock

I'm guilty FatDog. I have a hard time respecting atheists, but it is in general because they are so rabid against people of faith while not admitting they live by a faith as well. Kind of the ole, picking the speck out of someones eye and failing to recognize the plank in their own.

Next