Atheist dies, comes back, becomes a minister.

Conspirator

PostWed Mar 21, 2012 3:17 am » by Eliakim

spock wrote:I just finished the book and wanted to crank this up again. Powerful testimony and awesome insight into the love of God.

Predictions from Jesus given to Howard Storm after he "died."

Howard Storm was an atheist art professor who would not tolerate anyone speaking about religion or God in his presence, and especially in his classroom. An experience in Paris changed all that and completely altered Howard's life. After he "died" in a Paris hospital, he met Jesus, who answered all of Howard's questions.

During his death experience, Storm was told that God wants to end all wars and that the two World Wars were caused by people who were intent on killing. He was also told that there will be no more world conflicts.
There is a possibility of a nuclear accident only.

The angels that Howard Storm saw while on the other side answered many questions that he posed. When he asked where creation came from they answered that there was never time, matter or space before God. God created universes which became proactive, and there are countless intelligent beings in the universe.

Howard asked who managed all of this great creation and was told that the angels cause events to happen and take care of the property, so to speak. Another question, what is reality?, received the reply that much of the supernatural is just that which we cannot understand. However, the religious mysteries can bring us to the to the knowledge of the true nature of reality.

"What is the best religion?" The religion that brings one closest to God. There is not a specific religion that is the right one.

"Is Jesus the son of God?" He is indeed. And all the things that were written about Him in the bible are true. In fact, all the books in the world could not contain all that He has said and done.

"What is atheism?" It is not possible to believe in nothing, therefore atheism does not exist.

At the time of his death experience, 1985, Storm was told that the Cold War would end in a couple of years...something he did not believe possible. He was also told that God wished for worldwide conversion and those who accepted His will would thrive.

Howard Storm, who became a Christian minister after his experience, was told that the United States had been given much, and that much was expected in return. If the country retained its greedy attitude it would suffer a collapsed economy which could result in civil unrest. It must show its goodness and generosity and become a model for the rest of the world.

Howard Storm wrote a book, "My Descent into Death," in 2000. Published by Clairview and available at all bookstores.

The LORD God and his Son are beyond religion so there is no 'conversion'. In fact the word religion does not even exist in biblical Hebrew. The book of Matthew tells you that there is one person that must share their testimony with the nations and then the end will come. Is that person Howard Storm? No.

Teshuvah

Super Moderator

PostWed Mar 21, 2012 3:29 am » by Spock

It's always interesting to read you piss all over someone else's testimony and finding something insignificant to exude some sort of insight about.

The conversion was from the mind of an atheist to the mind of a servant of God, pretty damn strong testimony if you ask me.

And if you're talking about the prophets in the last days, there should be another one too, and neither of them claim messiahship. Which verse are you referring too?

Conspirator
Location: 'Happiness is the angle at which the wise are gathered'

PostWed Mar 21, 2012 4:54 am » by SamueltheLion

spock wrote:If I had to make a collection of materials that define my life's hunger, this book would be one of the pieces, along with...

- The Bible
- What the Bleep Do We Know
- My Decent into Hell: Howard Storm
- Mere Christianity: C.S. Lewis
- The Road Less Traveled: M. Scott Peck
- Ghost Adventures, TAPS, My Ghost Story
- I Survived Beyond and Back
- Close Encounters of the Third Kind
- Transformation: Whitley Strieber
- A Brief History of Time: Stephen Hawking

I'd even put Trolls work in there: The Footage.

I don't know, these are the things that make life so interesting to me.

interesting list, will read more, just bookmarking so it doesn't get lost in the sea of... stuff, here at dtv.

hey, i was wondering, have you read the dead sea scrolls or the nag hammadi gospels spock?

what do you make of esotericism and people like pythagoras and plato in general.

i think the most difficult think for someone who wants to approach christ intellectually, is not those who state they oppose christianity directly, such as atheists, but those who say they follow him, but say they person or entity which they follow is defined as x y and z, which can make you question your own belief.

well, anyway, cheers man!

:cheers:
Your faith will make you whole

Initiate

PostWed Mar 21, 2012 5:19 am » by Pateriot

middleman wrote:
pateriot wrote:There are no true atheists. True belief in a faith relies on just that for its certainty... faith.

The problem with that argument is that if it applies to your God, why doesn't it apply to every other God, or Leprechauns, or winged monkeys flying out of my butt?

It could! My statements were not in defense of religion but as an offence against those who say that there is no God. As this is no more proveable then the statement that there is a God, these "atheists" have taken the same leap of faith as those they deride, albeit in another direction. Ironically Atheism has become their religion. You have stated that you do not believe that there is a God but that you can entertain the possibility as you can not know for sure. This is a reasonable conclusion which does not require this leap of faith. It is also a conclusion that I share. However, it is more of an agnostic claim than an atheistic one.

Initiate

PostWed Mar 21, 2012 5:49 am » by Rkobilan

Spock Awesome post!!!

@middleman for your thoughts.... Take a stick pin in your left hand and hold it over your right thumb nail roughly five inches over it. Now, release it. If you look close enough you'll see a small dent created by the head of the pin. Rather than literally zooming in, let's take that dent and turn it into a DVD that is now on your left pointer finger. That represents the Milky Way Galaxy. From the center of the disk go out 75% of the way in any direction and with a fine point marker put a dot on it. That is now our Solar system moving up and down like a sine wave with our solar system moving up through the thickness of the disk per say. Now, of course you know of the solar system with planets etc. so lets go back out... There was a time the earth was flat, then found to be round and spherical, then the moon and sun and planets were added to our knowledge base out to the galaxy and universe. All of that is within that dent that is still on your thumb nail.

Regarding God and Jesus Christ.... If all you know is the dent that you stand in, live see in and experience in, then you can only see from within, Please come out and see what you do not see. That would be the rest of the body!!! That mass, that energy, that entirety you have forgotten about represents the creator, your heart and soul knows it. Please take the time to ponder this thought as your view is just a little different than others and once you see this you'll grasp the entirety of the creator by looking at the dent then looking at the rest of your body... Gods Force is in You as we were all created in his image.

Also know There is one God! All the rest you refer to are posers created by man as he didn't understand the real Creator. Instead, man prayed to the animals, the wind, the planets, Sun, etc. instead of the Creator who created it all.

I am you and you are me, as we are one, as we are He, all part of the Creator.

Conspirator

PostWed Mar 21, 2012 5:54 am » by Iwanci

Fortes fortuna iuvat

Initiate

PostThu Mar 22, 2012 3:29 am » by Ishumble

The best post on dvt ever :clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper:
:sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

Initiate

PostThu Mar 22, 2012 6:51 pm » by Arella

Thank you very much for the post....best thing i have seen in a long long time.

Conspirator

PostThu Mar 22, 2012 7:19 pm » by Tertiusgaudens

It happens not to everyone, but such testimonies are those, who awaken a deep inner love for the divine, for Jesus.

This is really an interesting thing. Kant once wrote a thick book on reason (he wrote actually a couple), where he tried to find limits and ways of thinking. He then postulated God in order to give reason a stimulant, and to please his servant Lampe, which was a deeply religious man.

Kant is truly right on his findings coming to his final conclusion, that God cannot proved nor disproved. So far, so good.

The question of believing in God is changing after you had a God experience, which can be very different. Then it happens, that believing in God does not really hit the nail on it`s head. You need another word than believing.

In my case I needed a long time finally to dare to use such new word - for a long period I didn`t dare to simply say: I know for sure. I had read too much Kant without really understanding.

Now I shock people by saying, I do not believe in God. I make a break and say: Instead, I know for sure, that there is God, and I and you, we are part of it. I cannot prove it to you, but I know.

Thank you for the story, spock!
Hope is the thing with feathers...
Emily Dickinson

Writer

PostThu Mar 22, 2012 7:48 pm » by Ou812dan

I agree with "Ishumble"... The best post on DTV ever! Thank you Spock :clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :clapper: :hugging:

PreviousNext