Atheist dies, comes back, becomes a minister.

Super Moderator

PostWed Mar 21, 2012 12:15 am » by Spock

I just finished the book and wanted to crank this up again. Powerful testimony and awesome insight into the love of God.

Predictions from Jesus given to Howard Storm after he "died."

Howard Storm was an atheist art professor who would not tolerate anyone speaking about religion or God in his presence, and especially in his classroom. An experience in Paris changed all that and completely altered Howard's life. After he "died" in a Paris hospital, he met Jesus, who answered all of Howard's questions.

During his death experience, Storm was told that God wants to end all wars and that the two World Wars were caused by people who were intent on killing. He was also told that there will be no more world conflicts.
There is a possibility of a nuclear accident only.

The angels that Howard Storm saw while on the other side answered many questions that he posed. When he asked where creation came from they answered that there was never time, matter or space before God. God created universes which became proactive, and there are countless intelligent beings in the universe.

Howard asked who managed all of this great creation and was told that the angels cause events to happen and take care of the property, so to speak. Another question, what is reality?, received the reply that much of the supernatural is just that which we cannot understand. However, the religious mysteries can bring us to the to the knowledge of the true nature of reality.

"What is the best religion?" The religion that brings one closest to God. There is not a specific religion that is the right one.

"Is Jesus the son of God?" He is indeed. And all the things that were written about Him in the bible are true. In fact, all the books in the world could not contain all that He has said and done.

"What is atheism?" It is not possible to believe in nothing, therefore atheism does not exist.

At the time of his death experience, 1985, Storm was told that the Cold War would end in a couple of years...something he did not believe possible. He was also told that God wished for worldwide conversion and those who accepted His will would thrive.

Howard Storm, who became a Christian minister after his experience, was told that the United States had been given much, and that much was expected in return. If the country retained its greedy attitude it would suffer a collapsed economy which could result in civil unrest. It must show its goodness and generosity and become a model for the rest of the world.

Howard Storm wrote a book, "My Descent into Death," in 2000. Published by Clairview and available at all bookstores.

Super Moderator

PostWed Mar 21, 2012 12:24 am » by Spock

If I had to make a collection of materials that define my life's hunger, this book would be one of the pieces, along with...

- The Bible
- What the Bleep Do We Know
- My Decent into Hell: Howard Storm
- Mere Christianity: C.S. Lewis
- The Road Less Traveled: M. Scott Peck
- Ghost Adventures, TAPS, My Ghost Story
- I Survived Beyond and Back
- Close Encounters of the Third Kind
- Transformation: Whitley Strieber
- A Brief History of Time: Stephen Hawking

I'd even put Trolls work in there: The Footage.

I don't know, these are the things that make life so interesting to me.

Super Moderator

PostWed Mar 21, 2012 12:28 am » by Spock

Oh yea - and the BBQer's Bible - keep that one in the bathroom magazine rack.

Conspirator

PostWed Mar 21, 2012 12:34 am » by Muchtyman

How do you feel about the good fight with the Iranian's these days .

From a God fearing patriotic American viewpoint that is ............ :mrcool:

Super Moderator

PostWed Mar 21, 2012 12:44 am » by Spock

Well, I hate the idea of them having access to nukes, but even more I hate the idea of sending anymore American soldiers and tax dollars to fight an unwinable war.

I would much rather stand behind a peace keeping force to stop Kony (from what I understand of the situation anyway), and continue to support a civilian uprising in Iran to topple the theocratic regime, along with covert means to hinder nuclear expansion.
But who am I kidding. We can't even get enough support to oust a President that it is pretty much known fact at this point he was never eligible in the first place, and appears to be a manchurian candidate with the plans drawn up long in advance. Hell, even Breibert.com came out today saying they would no longer pursue the eligibility issue (Now What Does That Tell You).

So me, I'm going to enjoy my home life, family, friends, job, Church, music, etc. Find the best in people knowing that we are all children of God, regardless of the paths our free will takes each of us down.

I can't change the entire world, but I can change the world within my circle of influence.

Conspirator

PostWed Mar 21, 2012 12:49 am » by Bleever

spock wrote:I just finished the book and wanted to crank this up again. Powerful testimony and awesome insight into the love of God.

Predictions from Jesus given to Howard Storm after he "died."

Howard Storm was an atheist art professor who would not tolerate anyone speaking about religion or God in his presence, and especially in his classroom. An experience in Paris changed all that and completely altered Howard's life. After he "died" in a Paris hospital, he met Jesus, who answered all of Howard's questions.

During his death experience, Storm was told that God wants to end all wars and that the two World Wars were caused by people who were intent on killing. He was also told that there will be no more world conflicts.
There is a possibility of a nuclear accident only.

The angels that Howard Storm saw while on the other side answered many questions that he posed. When he asked where creation came from they answered that there was never time, matter or space before God. God created universes which became proactive, and there are countless intelligent beings in the universe.

Howard asked who managed all of this great creation and was told that the angels cause events to happen and take care of the property, so to speak. Another question, what is reality?, received the reply that much of the supernatural is just that which we cannot understand. However, the religious mysteries can bring us to the to the knowledge of the true nature of reality.

"What is the best religion?" The religion that brings one closest to God. There is not a specific religion that is the right one.

"Is Jesus the son of God?" He is indeed. And all the things that were written about Him in the bible are true. In fact, all the books in the world could not contain all that He has said and done.

"What is atheism?" It is not possible to believe in nothing, therefore atheism does not exist.

At the time of his death experience, 1985, Storm was told that the Cold War would end in a couple of years...something he did not believe possible. He was also told that God wished for worldwide conversion and those who accepted His will would thrive.

Howard Storm, who became a Christian minister after his experience, was told that the United States had been given much, and that much was expected in return. If the country retained its greedy attitude it would suffer a collapsed economy which could result in civil unrest. It must show its goodness and generosity and become a model for the rest of the world.

Howard Storm wrote a book, "My Descent into Death," in 2000. Published by Clairview and available at all bookstores.

Nice, I'll put this on my read list. Just wish I had more time to read! Maybe when my partners and I sell our company I can retire...who am I kidding I could never stop tinkering with beating Google!! Back on topic, yeah this looks like a great read.
Jesus died our death so that we may receive His life.

Conspirator

PostWed Mar 21, 2012 12:49 am » by Muchtyman

spock wrote:Well, I hate the idea of them having access to nukes, but even more I hate the idea of sending anymore American soldiers and tax dollars to fight an unwinable war.

I would much rather stand behind a peace keeping force to stop Kony (from what I understand of the situation anyway), and continue to support a civilian uprising in Iran to topple the theocratic regime, along with covert means to hinder nuclear expansion.
But who am I kidding. We can't even get enough support to oust a President that it is pretty much known fact at this point he was never eligible in the first place, and appears to be a manchurian candidate with the plans drawn up long in advance. Hell, even Breibert.com came out today saying they would no longer pursue the eligibility issue (Now What Does That Tell You).

So me, I'm going to enjoy my home life, family, friends, job, Church, music, etc. Find the best in people knowing that we are all children of God, regardless of the paths our free will takes each of us down.

I can't change the entire world, but I can change the world within my circle of influence.

Good for you Spock ,apologies for the baiting

................................................................ :cheers:

Super Moderator

PostWed Mar 21, 2012 12:53 am » by Spock

bleever wrote:Nice, I'll put this on my read list. Just wish I had more time to read! Maybe when my partners and I sell our company I can retire...who am I kidding I could never stop tinkering with beating Google!! Back on topic, yeah this looks like a great read.

Hey man, that video pretty much tells the whole story. The book is not long at all, I read it during lunch and before bed and it only took me about 2.5 - 3 hours total.

All good Muchty.

Initiate

PostWed Mar 21, 2012 2:22 am » by Pateriot

There are no true atheists. True belief in a faith relies on just that for its certainty... faith. That is, certainty of knowledge without credible evidence. Someone who does not believe in a God can have no certainty of the absence of God without faith. Thus his disbelief in God (Atheism) becomes his religion. Honest atheism is indeed agnosticism. The agnostic may personally not believe in God but can never be 100% certain of this nor honestly make such a claim. Many of those who consider themselves to be atheists have in fact accepted atheism as their true religion. The religious fervor and dogma that they spread their Atheistic message with is indeed identical to religious fanatics’ fervor with which they attempt to proselytize. They even deify and revere other “Atheists”. This website is full of just this type of true believers in the Atheistic religion. “…thinking themselves wise they have become fools.”

Initiate

PostWed Mar 21, 2012 2:51 am » by Middleman

pateriot wrote:There are no true atheists. True belief in a faith relies on just that for its certainty... faith.

The problem with that argument is that if it applies to your God, why doesn't it apply to every other God, or Leprechauns, or winged monkeys flying out of my butt?

I can entertain the possibility of something without definitively believing in it.

I'll believe in God(s) when I see some evidence, just the same as with cryptids, or the female orgasm. :alien51:

spock wrote: We can't even get enough support to oust a President that it is pretty much known fact at this point he was never eligible in the first place,

Everybody knows that what everybody knows is worth jack shit. Evidence please.

If the birth certificate is a fake, I need to hear that from a professional expert in forged documents who is not a partisan. So far, they haven't even managed to find an expert who is a rabid Republican...which considering how common identity theft and fraud are, shouldn't have been that difficult.

Incidentally, and I know you guys don't have any reason to take my word for this, but I had a somewhat similar experience to Howard Storm in Easter of 2004, when I was clinically dead for a minute or so. (asthma attack, long story)

I'd spent the previous hour fighting for my life, knowing I was probably not going to make it. I never even thought about praying or bargaining. When I lost consciousness, I saw nothing,

No Jesus. No dead relatives. Nothing.

So I'm still an atheist.

Next