Attack of the Drunken Wasps...

Super Moderator

PostMon Sep 09, 2013 2:21 am » by Spock

DRUNK WASPS: Just When You Thought They Couldn't Get Worse

Humanity's worst fear has been realized: wasps are getting drunk. And they're not fun drunks, either.

The British Red Cross is warning citizens of a record number of wasps in the UK that are out of a job. That is, their queens are fully supplied with nectar, leaving worker wasps to do nothing but laze around and drink fermenting fruit.

The Independent reported that as winter approaches, wasps are becoming bolder and angrier as they get older. And now these retirees are getting wasted and stinging with more frequency.

“It’s hilarious that, now worker wasps have finished their life's work, all they are doing now is feasting on fermented fruit and getting ‘drunk,’" Joe Mulligan, head of first aid at the British Red Cross, says in a news release.

"Hilarious" is not the word we'd use. "A threat to the well-being of everything good in the world" seems a more appropriate line.

A recent video of a wasp literally tearing a bee in half recently made waves online, and that wasp was sober. We can't even imagine what kind of atrocities this new breed of angry old drunks will commit.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/07/drunk-wasps-england-britain_n_3885800.html

Super Moderator

PostMon Sep 09, 2013 2:42 am » by The57ironman

....i've always tried not to piss 'em off...

....and you can shove your statist beliefs up your a**

Initiate

PostMon Sep 09, 2013 3:19 am » by Flipper

Hmm so they work there arses off and when they retire they get pissed everyday. I am going to take the lifestyle of a wasp when I retire. After all mother nature knows best.

Conspirator

PostMon Sep 09, 2013 5:01 am » by mediasorcery

i loathe those vicious little bastards, kill the idjiot who brought em here to aus.
the story of life is quicker than the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello and goodbye, until we meet again my friend.

Conspirator

PostMon Sep 09, 2013 5:28 am » by Opalserpent

Yeah, Party hard little soldiers. Don't let the fascists get you down. They done their hard yards.

COOL

New organic anti theft device:

Beer Goggles engaged!!!

TIDY :obsessed:

Live by the Terror, Die by the Terror.

Initiate

PostMon Sep 09, 2013 11:07 am » by Poppa_pygar

When i was about 12 we had an Allotment to grow Vegetables in, and fruit.
There was this Eating Apple tree with juicy Apples, and a Conference Pear tree.
About August when the fruit was ripe the Wasps gorge themselves on this fruit until they were pissed up (Drunk) so it's not a new thing.
I remember about 6 or 7 Wasps attacking my little sister, and i scooped her up, and headed towards a big shed what we had, only one Wasp stung her, and i managed to shut the rest out.
I don't like to kill anything but i will make the exceptions to a Wasp, and Flies, evil little creatures.
If you're talking behind my back, you're in a good position to kiss my ass! Image

Conspirator

PostMon Sep 09, 2013 11:45 am » by Toxic32

When I was ten I made my first atomic bomb.. Well not quite I took the black powder from a few fireworks (pigeon scares) my dad had. I made a big mother of all pigeon scares.

I had been stung on the tong by a wasp the week before, when I drank the tiny bit of beer which my dad had been drinking and was left in the bottom of the bottle. But the wasp had beaten me to it and swimming around in the beer. Anyway I needed revenge. A suitable target for ground zero. The wasps nest was in the top corner of the garage. I couldn't reach that high so I tied the bomb to the end of a wooden broom handle. I lit the fuse and rested it against the nest.

I ran to the open door and waited. Bang. I blew the fucking nest to pieces. But what I never took into consideration was that a wasp nest is made of paper. Apart from hundreds of pissed off wasps heading my way, there were flying bits of burning paper settling around the garage about to bring death and destruction to my world. I wont bore you with what happened next, as it's still to painful to recollect. Needless to say I have a healthy respect for wasps and a better understanding of how hard my dad can swing a stick.
I question everything. I don't believe anything I'm told or anything I see. Prove it, or fuck off. And that's not me I see in the mirror in the morning.

Conspirator

PostMon Sep 09, 2013 12:42 pm » by Harbin

Wasps do get aggressive late in the year.

There was a renaissance fair, (faire), I went to a few years back and in addition to the interesting bodices around the grounds..

they served up some delicious deep fried turkey legs..

Those darn wasps, all having the munchies from partying no doubt, wanted some of that fried turkey. Granted they didn't eat much, but when one of 'em stung me, my hospitality ran out.

:lol:
Antiwar.com

Super Moderator

PostMon Sep 09, 2013 4:02 pm » by Slith

:D

Inflation is when you pay fifteen dollars for the ten-dollar haircut you used to get for five dollars when you had hair

Sam Ewing

Conspirator

PostMon Sep 09, 2013 4:25 pm » by E6722maj

wasps are wicked little sods

whatever