Attack of the Trolls!

Conspirator

PostWed Sep 14, 2011 9:45 pm » by Shemagh

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-14898564

Google head, Eric Schmitt has suggested that anonymous posting be phased out.
Now! we we all be willing to do that?

Initiate

PostWed Sep 14, 2011 9:50 pm » by Jeckk

This is the kind of action that causes riots and assassinations. It's one thing to banish their comments (still going against free speech) but to imprison people for comments, is straight up tyranny. It's only a matter of time before this results in violence. This is really sad to see happen.

Initiate

PostWed Sep 14, 2011 10:10 pm » by Newssniffer

I FRACKING dislike trolls of most varieties. However, what is a troll? Someone who hurts my feelings by giving me a harsh dose of reality I don't think I need to hear? Someone who spreads disinfo to cause fighting? Or perhaps it is what we call Israels widespread media tactics against... everyone but themselves...

So, the first problem with regulation is Who Defines what Trolling is?

The second problem comes from a dilemma regarding virtue in man, a logical argument that was presented in a University Lecture Series online: Many of us want a better, more virtuous society to live and raise our children in. We could achieve this through law, by forcing everyone to act in virtuous (by popular definition) ways, but than we have by it's very nature, lost true virtue in man. In order for us to truly be virtuous, we must freely make the decision to be virtuous. Without the choice to do right or wrong, and make those horrible mistakes in-between, how can we call our actions virtuous?

Twenty-First Century enlightenment cannot be brought about by regulation or force. It must be learned (by making mistakes), wanted, and strived for. Anything else would be fake.

Conspirator

PostWed Sep 14, 2011 10:28 pm » by kentrb

sorry to off topic for a second,but newsniffer,i just noticed your dogs nose avatar
is designed with the flower of life symbology.
may i borrow it.
thanks
peace