Autistic teen tricked into buying drugs for officer

Initiate

PostTue Aug 05, 2014 8:47 pm » by All Creation

Here’s The Autistic Teen Police Tricked Into Buying Weed
Kaitlan Collins 2:26 PM 07/18/2014

In 2012, Jesse Snodgrass was a 17-year-old Temecula, Calif. high school student – with Aspergers Syndrome — when he was pressured to buy drugs for an undercover officer.

His parents recently did a tearful interview with Vice for an episode titled “The War on Kids.” Jesse did not participate because since his December arrest in 2012, when five armed officers wearing bulletproof vests showed up in his art class and charged him with two felonies, he has suffered from post-traumatic stress disorder.

Twenty-one other students were also arrested from the two high schools in a sting where undercover officers posed as students.

The cop, “Daniel,” reportedly befriended Jesse at Chaparral High School at the beginning of his senior year. Jesse thought he had made a friend. Daniel was actually Deputy D. Zipperstein and would later arrest Jesse after he bought marijuana from him twice.

Jesse’s parents said Jesse “had no friends,” and that Daniel was a milestone in Jesse’s life. His dad called him a “God-send.” They said that early in the semester Daniel asked Jesse to get him weed, and gave him $20. He said Jesse had no idea where to buy drugs, and after Daniel pressured him he “agonized” over what to do. He eventually went to a medical marijuana dispensary and bought Daniel $20 worth of weed.

“I think he was really worried about ‘how am I gonna do this? Because if I don’t, I’m gonna lose my only friend.’ His only friend.”

Jesse’s parents told the story of him as a child and his first signs of Aspergers, when his mom said she had to go out of her way to find him play dates.

“I wanted to encourage any friendships.”

She called what happened the biggest betrayal.

“He wasn’t even upset about being locked up. He was upset that this person betrayed him.”

Jesse was sent to a juvenile detention facility and expelled.

Steve Downing, a retired deputy chief for the Los Angeles Police Department, said that the fact that Jesse couldn’t buy weed on campus is proof the officers’ presence at the school was unnecessary, and that the cops ruined “thousands of lives” by branding people as drug users.

“They slap down the kids that are the weakest,” Downing said.

He said officers review students’ files before going into the schools, and “they knew going in that Jesse Snodgrass was a special needs student.”

Vice reports that although some states have legalized marijuana, federal grants are still awarded for departments based on drug arrest numbers, which is why arrests preying on students like Jesse are plentiful.

http://dailycaller.com/2014/07/18/heres ... ying-weed/

Check out this video for the full story:

Upload to Disclose.tv

Super Moderator

PostWed Aug 06, 2014 4:00 am » by Slith

Just keeps getting better doesn't it. :hell:

Initiate

PostWed Aug 06, 2014 7:42 am » by All Creation

Slith wrote:Just keeps getting better doesn't it. :hell:

It sure does, Slith. And it is not just this kid. As the video shows, eight other special-needs students were also caught up in this. Here is another article about this:

http://www.naturalnews.com/046281_autis ... hools.html

and one comment that stands out:

Karen

That makes me sick. My son has autism and he can be easily lead also. People with special needs and autism are prime targets for setups knowing that they will not know any better and when they find someone who accepts them, they do almost anything to hold on to that person just to please them. Shame on those police. They shouldn't even be cops. They are bullies in police uniforms preying on the innocent. Hope they get fired.

Taking advantage of someone who does not know any better and who may not fully understand what they are doing and the consequences is stooping to a new low. And it pisses me off more, as I am also autistic, with Asperger's, and share many of the same symptoms as this kid. I too am mostly a loner, and have difficulty socializing with others. I also have a tendency to jump into certain activities (or at least the desire to do them) and to certain conclusions, without thinking about them first, and critical thinking is more difficult for me. Coming up with things to say on the fly is another major difficulty for me, and I am even often shy about posting stuff here, not sure how I would respond to any rebuttals. I also engage in repetitive activities, like rocking back and forth and fidgeting (in fact I am doing those right now), and also have greater difficulty dealing with change.

Conspirator

PostWed Aug 06, 2014 8:59 am » by RATRODROB

All Creation wrote:
Slith wrote:Just keeps getting better doesn't it. :hell:

It sure does, Slith. And it is not just this kid. As the video shows, eight other special-needs students were also caught up in this. Here is another article about this:

http://www.naturalnews.com/046281_autis ... hools.html

and one comment that stands out:

Karen

That makes me sick. My son has autism and he can be easily lead also. People with special needs and autism are prime targets for setups knowing that they will not know any better and when they find someone who accepts them, they do almost anything to hold on to that person just to please them. Shame on those police. They shouldn't even be cops. They are bullies in police uniforms preying on the innocent. Hope they get fired.

Taking advantage of someone who does not know any better and who may not fully understand what they are doing and the consequences is stooping to a new low. And it pisses me off more, as I am also autistic, with Asperger's, and share many of the same symptoms as this kid. I too am mostly a loner, and have difficulty socializing with others. I also have a tendency to jump into certain activities (or at least the desire to do them) and to certain conclusions, without thinking about them first, and critical thinking is more difficult for me. Coming up with things to say on the fly is another major difficulty for me, and I am even often shy about posting stuff here, not sure how I would respond to any rebuttals. I also engage in repetitive activities, like rocking back and forth and fidgeting (in fact I am doing those right now), and also have greater difficulty dealing with change.

I reacon your doin just fine ALL C, but when it comes to these cops................. :hell: ...WTF is wrong with these people.
it used to be that parents in the US would tell their children if anything happened to them they should go to the police................not now, goin to the police is the last resort.

RRR
The more people i meet, the more i like my dog

Conspirator

PostWed Aug 06, 2014 12:50 pm » by mediasorcery

this is the most disturbing and onerous post i think ive almsot ever read,

it is actually an obscene and sickening scenario :top: :hell: :censored:

what the hell is happening in america,??

wat the hell is going on with the gov and law enforce in the united states :think: :top: :shock: :badair: ?

if this story[supposing its true of course, u never know] doesnt wake people up to whats in store in our future, then what the hell will??? :top:

its demonic. :censored: :vomit:
the story of life is quicker than the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello and goodbye, until we meet again my friend.

Conspirator

PostWed Aug 06, 2014 12:55 pm » by Icarus1

Conspirator

PostWed Aug 06, 2014 1:26 pm » by mediasorcery

i saw the movie yrs ago, one honest cop, bloody hell.^
the story of life is quicker than the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello and goodbye, until we meet again my friend.

Conspirator

PostWed Aug 06, 2014 4:12 pm » by Icarus1

great cop, great book , great film , pacino at his finest , enjoy..........

http://www.letmewatchthis.ae/external.p ... loggedin=0

Super Moderator

PostWed Aug 06, 2014 11:16 pm » by Slith

RATRODROB wrote:it used to be that parents in the US would tell their children if anything happened to them they should go to the police................not now, goin to the police is the last resort.

^^^^^^^
That

Not just in the U.S. It's global