Back to back earth quakes California

Conspirator

PostFri Dec 14, 2012 1:24 pm » by Shaggietrip

ImageImage
Star watchers,Sun,Moon or just space in interest. https://www.darkskywatcher.com/dsw74.html

Initiate

PostFri Dec 14, 2012 1:30 pm » by Arella

Shaggietrip wrote:

Upload to Disclose.tv

Dutchsinse

Upload to Disclose.tv

thebarcaroller

:peep:

Any ideas when the last quake of this size happened in the area...

Super Moderator

PostFri Dec 14, 2012 5:31 pm » by domdabears

That's nothing compared to the more than 170 quakes that hit a town in Chile in the past 5 weeks.

http://www.inquisitr.com/437633/more-th ... dad-chile/
I wanna be a Warhol
Displayed on your wall
Still hung up on you

Conspirator

PostFri Dec 14, 2012 6:10 pm » by Bleever

Its not fun to look at this map and see where you live. Hope it settles down, Im no expert but could a quake in that area trigger a tsunami for Los Angeles (or for that matter So Cal?).
Jesus died our death so that we may receive His life.

Conspirator

PostFri Dec 14, 2012 6:27 pm » by *WillEase*

Bleever wrote:Its not fun to look at this map and see where you live. Hope it settles down, Im no expert but could a quake in that area trigger a tsunami for Los Angeles (or for that matter So Cal?).

A large earthquake of magnitude 6.3 (M6.3) struck off the Californian coast around 185 miles south west of San Diego in the early hours of Friday, December 14, 2012. Although the epicentre of the quake was underwater, the quake was not sufficiently large to generate a tsunami and no tsunami alert has been issued.

The tremor, which occurred at a depth of around six miles, was followed by at least one aftershock of M4.3 but at the time of writing no injuries or damage to property had been reported.

http://www.decodedscience.com/californi ... 2012/22212

Conspirator

PostFri Dec 14, 2012 7:35 pm » by Bleever

WillEase666 wrote:
Bleever wrote:Its not fun to look at this map and see where you live. Hope it settles down, Im no expert but could a quake in that area trigger a tsunami for Los Angeles (or for that matter So Cal?).

A large earthquake of magnitude 6.3 (M6.3) struck off the Californian coast around 185 miles south west of San Diego in the early hours of Friday, December 14, 2012. Although the epicentre of the quake was underwater, the quake was not sufficiently large to generate a tsunami and no tsunami alert has been issued.

The tremor, which occurred at a depth of around six miles, was followed by at least one aftershock of M4.3 but at the time of writing no injuries or damage to property had been reported.

Thanks bub. I wonder if a larger one hit, like lets say a 7.5ish...would that throw some waves my way??

Conspirator

PostFri Dec 14, 2012 7:46 pm » by *WillEase*

Bleever wrote:
WillEase666 wrote:

Thanks bub. I wonder if a larger one hit, like lets say a 7.5ish...would that throw some waves my way??

"Earthquakes below 7.5 or 7.0 usually do not trigger tsunamis," said geophysicist Don Blakeman of the U.S. Geological Survey's National Earthquake Information Center. "However, sometimes 6.0 earthquakes can trigger local tsunamis, which are smaller and less destructive."

For more information, read "Why Do Some Earthquakes Cause Tsunamis But Others Don't?"
http://www.lifeslittlemysteries.com/872 ... -dont.html

Conspirator

PostFri Dec 14, 2012 7:49 pm » by Bleever

thanks, that was helpful, appreciate your time and effort.

Conspirator

PostFri Dec 14, 2012 8:48 pm » by Richc

I have been monitoring USGS site daily fo the last 2 years.. Never seen a Mag 6+ in the California region before.. :scary:

Ok just imagine in the next 5 days we get more big ones around the World which seem out of place..

Dec 21st 2012 hype might start looking possible... :?

Otherwise.... Nah.! :flop:

RIK
"Theres A Storm Coming!"

Conspirator

PostFri Dec 14, 2012 8:57 pm » by Bleever

Richc wrote:I have been monitoring USGS site daily fo the last 2 years.. Never seen a Mag 6+ in the California region before.. :scary:

Ok just imagine in the next 5 days we get more big ones around the World which seem out of place..

Dec 21st 2012 hype might start looking possible... :?

Otherwise.... Nah.! :flop:

RIK

I was here for the Northridge quake, i think back in '94 and it may have been around a 6.9

Next