Batman, Superman together: In next film

Conspirator

PostWed Aug 21, 2013 8:49 am » by Temps13

WHY would'nt they put Iron man in with super beings? What do you think they've been doing for the last fifty years?
Iron mans a founder member of the Avengers..
I've been collecting comics since the mid seventies,I waited a lifetime for that Avengers flick..I was pleased with the choice of Whedon..thank god it wasn't Singer,who ruined (for me) X-men & Superman..
I just wish they'd get the costumes a little better..I mean-Cap's suit didnt even have the star on the back..the stripes didn't go right around the back.
little stuff like that ruins it.maybe its just me..
Maybe I'm just a slightly autistic artist..but I think that the casting & costume are the two most important factors..
Thats my opinion of why Lone Ranger didnt do so well & Star Trek did..cos the former screwed up the costumes while the latter nailed it..
I have no hope for the DC ensemble films leading up to the JLA movie being any good..
I stopped collecting in 2004..still get the odd collection..
X-Men..pitySonny Landham was too old for the wolverine role when they did the first film..He'd of been great..as evidenced by his performance as "Billy" in Predator..
Thos 2 looks like the Thos suit is getting worse,getting even further from the comic.
I waited all my life to see ELECTRO brought to the screen-what a shambles! No classic green & yellow costume..just a colored guy painted blue in a hoody..WTF?
I think for Superman Batman to be good,they need to totally rehaul the Bat suit..the amateur fan films show the way forward..Sure,they'll do goo financially anyway..but..to make a cult classic..
Image Image
IRMENSUL13

Conspirator

PostWed Aug 21, 2013 12:20 pm » by Phoenix rising

Watsup they run out of script writers have they :bang; :bang; :censored:
We live a one directional life in an omnidirectional existence

Initiate

PostWed Aug 21, 2013 1:49 pm » by Buhdoo

If I were a gambling man i'd put money on this being the build up to the Justice League film.. I mean, in the Justice League Batman and Superman don't get along, with Superman constantly referring to Batman not being a superhero because he's human. Plus, it'd go someway to explaining why Batman mans the space station command center whilst the other superheroes go solve crimes.

But couldn't they do the JLA film because of superman copyright issues?

I remember hearing somewhere about the original creators of superman not being paid enough for all the spin offs and merchandise etc?

I'm a 42yr old nerd :/

Super Moderator

PostWed Aug 21, 2013 2:28 pm » by Slith

Buhdoo wrote:
But couldn't they do the JLA film because of superman copyright issues?

I think of Smallville here. They kept bringing in heroes (Arrow, Flash, Martian Manhunter etc) that would become eventual members of the JLA. Not sure about the copyright thing TBH, but you may be right

:think:

I'm just here for the popcorn Image

Conspirator

PostThu Aug 22, 2013 2:51 am » by Temps13

Yeah-team superhero films is the genre of the future..yay!
Think about it..Marvel got popular in the 60's when they started featuring other characters meeting in each other's titles..
They need to create,like they did then,a consistent universe where each film cross pollinates..they do that anyway but..take it further!
Like ,in the latest Wolverine film,how cool would it have been if there'd been a Sunfire cameo? woulda rocked
Image Image
IRMENSUL13

Conspirator

PostThu Aug 22, 2013 3:40 am » by Cia212

Temps13 wrote:Yeah-team superhero films is the genre of the future..yay!
Think about it..Marvel got popular in the 60's when they started featuring other characters meeting in each other's titles..
They need to create,like they did then,a consistent universe where each film cross pollinates..they do that anyway but..take it further!
Like ,in the latest Wolverine film,how cool would it have been if there'd been a Sunfire cameo? woulda rocked

Never thought of that, but it would have made the movie FAR better. And it would have made sense - wasn't he Mariko's uncle or cousin? Awesome idea, bro.

Super Moderator

PostThu Aug 22, 2013 5:31 am » by Slith

DC meet Marvel. Marvel meet DC

Fun thread.

I used to own a ton of comics, from the 70's and 80's. If I remember correctly, DC and Marvel would actually have a joint venture and have, say the Hulk fighting Superman. I think there were quite a few

Does anyone remember this?

Conspirator

PostThu Aug 22, 2013 5:58 am » by Cia212

Slith wrote:DC meet Marvel. Marvel meet DC

Fun thread.

I used to own a ton of comics, from the 70's and 80's. If I remember correctly, DC and Marvel would actually have a joint venture and have, say the Hulk fighting Superman. I think there were quite a few

Yeah, they've had a lot of crossovers over the years. I was a huge comic book fan, then I was a boob fan...I stayed a boob fan. Ha.

That's why I get so worked up over these movies, it feels like my childhood is being raped by people who have no understanding of the characters or plotlines. They've made "mutant" another word for "gay" and, for some dumb reason, they are trying to make every DC character a dark, Batman-type. I guess they're in such a hurry to produce these movies because they feel like the genre will dry up. Ironically, it's exactly that mentality, making a movie quickly instead of making a quality movie, that will turn off the audience.

Oh well, Hollywood never seems to learn.

Here's the Wiki listing of crossover events http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intercompany_crossover

Conspirator

PostThu Aug 22, 2013 1:08 pm » by Temps13

Yeah,CIA..yeah..
Quite enjoyed JLA/AVENGERS..woulda been better first time round..
The Sunfire cameo thing woulda also made sense in the context of the nuclear thing..(His anger in the comics re: all that)..
You're right..they don't get it..they should,instead of trying to ground wolverine,punisher etc in reality overly,they should do more crossovers..
Obviously SOMEONE at Marvel or Disney gets it or we wouldn't be seeing the Avengers films & I just hope it keeps moving that way..
Image Image
IRMENSUL13

Super Moderator

PostThu Aug 22, 2013 1:23 pm » by Slith

Cia212 wrote:
Slith wrote:DC meet Marvel. Marvel meet DC

Fun thread.

Yeah, they've had a lot of crossovers over the years. I was a huge comic book fan, then I was a boob fan...I stayed a boob fan. Ha.

That's why I get so worked up over these movies, it feels like my childhood is being raped by people who have no understanding of the characters or plotlines. They've made "mutant" another word for "gay" and, for some dumb reason, they are trying to make every DC character a dark, Batman-type. I guess they're in such a hurry to produce these movies because they feel like the genre will dry up. Ironically, it's exactly that mentality, making a movie quickly instead of making a quality movie, that will turn off the audience.

Oh well, Hollywood never seems to learn.

Here's the Wiki listing of crossover events http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intercompany_crossover

Thanks for the link man. Time to re-live my youth for a few mins.

:cheers:

Speaking of boobs...

PreviousNext