Batman, Superman together: In next film

Conspirator

PostSun Jul 21, 2013 11:18 pm » by Noentry

Batman, Superman together: Comic Con stunned by Director Zack Snyder announcement

Director Zack Snyder made the surprise announcement during the Warner Bros. panel at Comic Con that both he and his Superman, actor Henry Cavill, will be returning for the movie, which is set to start filming next year for a summer 2015 release.

Superman and Batman will face off. Says Director Zack Snyder, "let's face it, it's beyond mythological to have Superman and our new Batman facing off, since they are the greatest Superheroes in the world."

Holy $#!%$#%, Batman!

Warner Brothers announced Saturday at San Diego Comic Con that the studio would be bringing its two biggest superheroes — Superman and Batman — together for the first time onto the big screen in the sequel to "Man of Steel."

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainmen ... -1.1404658

Hope they make it a good movie.
Will have to, if DC are gonna top the Avengers.
"The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority.
The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority.
The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking."
A. A. Milne

Conspirator

PostSun Jul 21, 2013 11:35 pm » by mediasorcery

oh gee, its all a bit gaudy and kitsch to me, a couple of weirdo transhumans underpants & cape freaks, hollywood, uugghh funny post ne. :lol:

you know theyl botch this up, they always do dont they?
the story of life is quicker than the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello and goodbye, until we meet again my friend.

Conspirator

PostSun Jul 21, 2013 11:45 pm » by Cia212

This means they aren't completely confident in a Superman sequel, otherwise he'd get a standalone movie. He quoted Miller, then said the story won't pull from that material. So why include it?

It sounds like they're trying to do too much in one movie and it'll be messy and incoherent...the same way all of these movies are when they try to take elements of several stories and mash them together. In any case, Batman is going to have to be a radically different incarnation to keep up with Supe. Imagine the tumbler or even the Bat from the DKR trying to keep up with Supe - it'll look silly.

Conspirator

PostMon Jul 22, 2013 12:06 am » by Constabul

As always, DC comics is riding on the coat tails of Marvel comics.. To me it looks like a copy cat attempt to try and mirror/draw off the success the avengers, Ironman, Thor and Capt. America movies are having in sequels. Tho i haven't seen the superman movie i've heard it was 'less then' hoped for...

I've enjoyed the recent batman remakes for the most part the first one was enjoyable, the last one was fairly good, and generally like the character build/development. Tho Christian Bale will not be the batman of this new movie..
tho my favorite is still the Micheal Keaton, and Jack Nicholson batman movie. Not cause it was well done, but rather a like of both actors in it.

I've always considered it a bad pairing of a normal person augmented by wealth/technology, and a super being who is overly over powered to be put together as they have done in the past between batman and superman.

Conspirator

PostMon Jul 22, 2013 12:13 am » by Fatdogmendoza

Constabul wrote:I've always considered it a bad pairing of a normal person augmented by wealth/technology, and a super being who is overly over powered to be put together as they have done in the past between batman and superman.

Well put Constabul....However I am not a Nicholoson fan myself..King of the snarl and eyebrows...Not you of course :mrgreen: :peep:
Canubis wrote:slith dont b A noob.. u r my no 1 mo fo

Conspirator

PostMon Jul 22, 2013 12:14 am » by Cia212

Constabul wrote:I've enjoyed the recent batman remakes for the most part the first one was enjoyable, the last one was fairly good, and generally like the character build/development. Tho Christian Bale will not be the batman of this new movie.

The last one wasn't even a Batman movie. The character was so divorced from what Batman is supposed to be that it really was a travesty. And Nolan's heart wasn't in it - he didn't even want to make it. He wanted to quit after Heath died but WB said they wouldn't finance Inception unless he made a 3rd Batman movie. And it showed in sloppy storyline, dialog and direction.

Constabul wrote:I've always considered it a bad pairing of a normal person augmented by wealth/technology, and a super being who is overly over powered to be put together as they have done in the past between batman and superman.

You have a point, Marvel did it with Iron Man. But DC isn't going to make the new Batman like Batman Beyond.

Conspirator

PostMon Jul 22, 2013 12:36 am » by Constabul

True marvel put ironman with super beings, tho the suit takes it to a different level then batman's armor allows. The whole stick with batman, is being a somewhat normal guy with little more then a utility belt and skills to defeat mostly normal criminals. With the few odd balls thrown in. You do have some super villains in there, but they are all beatable with technology and Know how, more the latter.

Ironman's suit however allows stark to go toe to toe with most super villains in battle, vs being the super detective.
but yes some similarities there.

Never read batman beyond. Not much a DC comics fan.
Liked marvel and Image comics

Conspirator

PostMon Jul 22, 2013 12:43 am » by Noentry

Batman from the year 3000 would not be any help to Superman.
After reading some of your comments about it it is a bad pairing

They were better of bringing the Justice League, at least that would have a chance at closing the gap with Marvel.
I thought that is why the Green Lantern was given a movie.

@Media those Demonic Disney execs have a lot to answer for. :shooting:
"The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority.
The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority.
The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking."
A. A. Milne

Conspirator

PostMon Jul 22, 2013 1:08 am » by Cia212

Constabul wrote:Never read batman beyond. Not much a DC comics fan.
Liked marvel and Image comics

Batman Beyond was somewhere between normal Batman and Iron Man. Kinda like Miller's story actually. He is stronger, faster, can fly and has a ton of gadgets - but it's still focused on stealth and detective work. But it isn't Bruce in the suit, it's his newest protégé/genetic son...a product of Cadmus.

You can get a feel for it in this clip:

Upload to Disclose.tv

And they had a great intro:

Upload to Disclose.tv

Super Moderator

PostMon Jul 22, 2013 2:02 am » by Slith

I think it's about time. Really looking forward to how this comes off. Sets up the JLA movie a couple years down the road

Next