BBQ: Foods-Grills-Builds 2013

Conspirator

PostThu Jun 13, 2013 3:40 am » by Shaggietrip

Bringing this back.

The 100,000 Shaggie points is still up for grabs.

My offer still stands for top grill and grills for this year. The July 4th Contest will win 50,000 Shaggie points. I will re-post rules and value of these Shaggie points soon. Till then fire it up!

If any had uploaded any pics or videos of your grill or grills ie: food cooked. Please repost.

I will only post one from several cooks so far.

I had also posted this just prior to the "fire sale" [DiscloseTv issue]

My build in progress [Volume may be a touch loud]

Upload to Disclose.tv

Get your goods on the grill and post
ImageImage[img]

Remember when a Harp was a good thing.

Conspirator

PostSat Jun 15, 2013 1:38 am » by Shaggietrip

To make things interesting I will have a BBq award made. I will ship internationally at my expense.

As far as theShaggie BBQ award all I can say is it will be made out of stainless steel. The design Is not yet final. Due to shipping cost this will not be stanley cup size, None the less it will be Laserd out. Etching is possible but need to talk with the programmer on my limitations. This will be yours to keep. As far as the Shaggiepoints you need 1 million to get an exclusion from perm ban if you choose to save them for future use. I will provide a 100,00 Shaggiepoint coupon that you can print out to present or redeem in any fashion. Trust me a 100,000 Shaggie coupon will get you more than you think it is all on how you present the worth.

So that is said. 1 award will be given to the winner. The July 4th posts will only receive a 50,000 Shaggiepoint voucher to use with or for your wishes. Again how you present it is what it is worth.

Seeings how we at Dtv are a World wide forum I must hold back on presenting the award until December 1st. The winter summer thing you know. Even though I grill in winter also makes it fair. It is after all a 2013 award not 2013 halved.

I am not eligible to receive anything but the costs of producing and shipping. I will be posting my grill and builds. The winner will be a result of poll vote and support from those that vote. I do reserve the right to making the final vote. This bars any poll or vote manipulation just in case any of the Bush family decide to enter.

Once the award is finished I will post img of it. Give me some time to make that happen.

Post as many entries as you like. Please make them yours and not something off the net. This is real so keep it that way. Many commented on previous thread that is no longer here. So I upped the ante for the ones that brought us back/saved the forum.

edit I may have to award a build plaque depending on entries.
ImageImage[img]

Super Moderator

PostSat Jun 15, 2013 1:21 pm » by Spock

Going to have a beautiful Saturday (at least here). Post your grilling pics today - let's see what your dead animal looks like with char marks.

I got the guys coming to practice at my house today - so I'll be unmercifully scalding ground cow muscle over scorching hot coals.

Conspirator

PostSun Jun 16, 2013 11:43 pm » by Shaggietrip

Beginning to wonder if anyone goes out side at all or even enjoys a good cook out?

Well I did. Here is my cook out for fathers day.

Shoulder Roast. 2nd hand cut but if cook right ..yum,yum.

I have never injected meat before. Today I did to try it out. Seeings how it was the 1st time I did not add any rub or seasoning to the cut so I could taste what the injection flavors would be like. Was actually pretty good.

After 1st flip of the sear.

Corn not in season here so I threw some market corn on. Not to bad cooked with husks. Soaked in water then grilled.

Always a action pic.

One of the many visitors.

Now the finish...

Here is one of the family lying in wait. Sad she will not know the taste. She is on a diet.

Hope everyone had a great weekend, Stay well and please post some of your cooks out img's if you remember to get some.

ImageImage[img]

Super Moderator

PostSun Jun 16, 2013 11:50 pm » by The57ironman

..i'm glad you had a great day shaggie... :cheers:

(thanks for the burger flippin' smiley) :mrgreen:

:cheers:

.... so-called "free speech zones."..?...Image

Super Moderator

PostSun Jun 23, 2013 2:04 pm » by Spock

These are the dead animals which will be unmercifully charged on the grill today.

In the lighter marinade are pork tenderloin steaks in Italian dressing.

In the darker marinade are bone-in skinless chicken thighs in A1, Garlic and Herbs

I've had them marinading since noon yesterday - I wanted to give them 24 hours in it.

Conspirator

PostSun Jun 23, 2013 4:55 pm » by Shaggietrip

Spock wrote:These are the dead animals which will be unmercifully charged on the grill today.

In the lighter marinade are pork tenderloin steaks in Italian dressing.

In the darker marinade are bone-in skinless chicken thighs in A1, Garlic and Herbs

I've had them marinading since noon yesterday - I wanted to give them 24 hours in it.

Damn cant wait to see them when they are done! :flop:

Well my build is 99.9% done. See if you can tell what is the .01 percent. For its first cook I got 1 rack of pork ribs and a small pork butt. Seeings how it was the first time of me using it I did learn a few things on how she reacts

Here is a vid of First set up and cook that happened yesterday.

Upload to Disclose.tv

ImageImage[img]

Super Moderator

PostSun Jun 23, 2013 5:15 pm » by The57ironman

Shaggietrip wrote:Image

:cheers: shaggie.. :lol:

.... so-called "free speech zones."..?...Image

Super Moderator

PostSun Jun 23, 2013 5:20 pm » by Spock

That looks great man! Could you also use that to sear meat on somehow, or would you sear on your other grill then move over to the smoker?

This is what I would like to get next, it's not too bad expensive about $400 at Lowes, it's a gas grill on one side and a charcoal on the other. You can also add a box for smoking over indirect heat - which in this pic is that low box on the far right.

Conspirator

PostSun Jun 23, 2013 5:26 pm » by Phoenix rising

barbecue's are great in the right place but you get so many idiots scorching the well maintained grass in the local parks here its such an eye sore, its like a chess board in many places cos people just put the disposable ones straight onto the grass instead of putting something underneath it

“If you cannot find a good companion to walk with, walk alone, like an elephant roaming the jungle. It is better to be alone than to be with those who will hinder your progress.”
~BUDDHA (DHAMMAPADA)~

Next