Beginning of sorrows?

Writer

PostWed Feb 17, 2010 3:50 am » by Irahayes

Since the beginning of time man has made forecasts and prophecies of things to come..

The passage from the Bible you quoted gave us:

1: "many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many."
2: "you shall hear of wars and rumors of wars"
3: "nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom"
4: "there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes in diverse places"

Now close your eyes and stick a pin in the timeline of the past 2000 years and all or most of the above will have been true for the date you pick.

Initiate

PostWed Feb 17, 2010 3:58 am » by dialated

this prophecy was,is and will be fulfilled.it is not to figure out the timing of the prophecy, its to contemplate the mystery behind the prophecy.time is useless in matters of the spirit."ears to hear and eyes to see".the kingdom within.
a fool is perceived wise when he remains silent,but the proud opens his mouth wide to proclaim his foolishness.

Initiate

PostWed Feb 17, 2010 4:17 am » by dialated

a fool is perceived wise when he remains silent,but the proud opens his mouth wide to proclaim his foolishness.

Writer

PostWed Feb 17, 2010 4:31 am » by Irahayes

Some great passages there i must admit... some real fire and brimstone stuff. However, we are living in enlightened times, we are pushing the boundary of knowledge and dispelling the darkness of ignorance further and further.

The Bible, and the quotes you gave were designed to control (by fear mainly) a simpler people, people whose lives were ruled by superstition and fear of the unknown and how better to get your local congregation all fired up over some local disaster than one of the passages above.

The red Heifer .... well its 2:30am here and i'll come back tomorrow on that specific point ok.

Initiate

PostWed Feb 17, 2010 4:49 am » by Dazfromoz

how many countless prophets have made predictions that have not come true. History is full of them.
Problem is, if you voice a future prediction some of those around you will actively behave and look for that prediction to come true to justify the their belief in that prediction. I believe its all based in fear. We fear the future to some extent because it IS unkown. To eleaviate that fear some individuals will prophecise the future there by giving others something to cling to weather it be positive or negative. Even a bad future is better than no future.
Now if you look at prophecy from a political/control point of view it becomes the perfect tool for manipulation because the prophecy will infuence the thought procces and some what change a potential future because our reality is brought about by our thoughts. I know a christian pastor who has predicted that I will suffer a terrible eternity because Im going to hell due to my non belief in his faith. The potential for that to happen is dependant on my participation in the thought process, ( do you see what I mean ). Prophecy can only come true if individuals act and think toward that outcome. On its own it carries no weight (Problem,Reaction,Solution )

Initiate

PostWed Feb 17, 2010 4:55 am » by Bahb3

The bible will be the death of us all.

Conspirator

PostWed Feb 17, 2010 4:58 am » by Torofamily

all the predictions from so many different sources throughout history and from such diverse perspectives of time and space seem to lead to remarkably very similar out comes.

coincidence???

Great post
ImageWE ARE THE GLOBAL POLITICAL AWAKENING ! Image

Writer

PostWed Feb 17, 2010 5:10 am » by Irahayes

ok .. its now almost 3am but the Red Heifer got me a tad curious.

in 1996, thanks in part to a cattle-breeding program set up in Israel with the help of Texas ranchers who are fundamentalist Christians, a red heifer was born. But it grew white hairs on its tail so wasn't quite red enough.
And now theres another red heifer..... ok so the breeding program worked this time. Is that what you're saying?

But man creating a creature by genetic engineering to fulfill a prophecy doesn't sound fair to me :(

edited to correct a small error of judgement on my part in failing to spot a fake :(
The rest stands though
Last edited by Irahayes on Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Master Conspirator

PostWed Feb 17, 2010 5:14 am » by Boondox681

if you want to live a happy,peaceful,joyous life...avoid that book at all costs.
"You wanna' keep it real take a walk out your door,that's as real as it gets from the sky to the floor."

Master Conspirator

PostWed Feb 17, 2010 5:23 am » by Lowsix

Yes, if you dont know how to read, and dont understand history,
and buy all the bullshit the atheists spew, then yes, please don't try to read it.

It will only confuse you.
warløckmitbladderinfection wrote:blasphemous new gehenna inhabitant makes god sad...

Next