Beware of DTV pop-ups!!!! Virus Alert!!!!

Conspirator

PostWed May 11, 2011 8:56 pm » by Truthdefender

This morning I was browsing DTV without signing in and as usual the pop-ups popped up. As I tried to close
one I was redirected to a German web page which has completely frozen my work computer. The virus masquerades itself as a message from German police stating that you have done something illegal and for 100 Euros they will send you a pass code to get out. The virus is a nasty little bugger which deactivates task manager, the desk top, and safe mode. I am really at a loss as to what I can do. I cannot even enter the registry. I googled this virus and it seems all entries have been made in the last week or so, so it is relatively new. Does anyone have any suggestions? :ohno: :hell:
In Christ are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge

Writer

PostWed May 11, 2011 9:12 pm » by Senior2k9

Mate nice little bugger there, try loading Taskmanager befor the virus loads (like asoon as windows is loading) and remove any unknow tasts/opperations :) i had to do this on my brother laptop afterward just run an anti-virus and anti spyware should be ok afterwards hope this helps!

Conspirator

PostWed May 11, 2011 9:20 pm » by E6722maj

happily i don't get pop-up troubles

whatever

Conspirator

PostWed May 11, 2011 9:23 pm » by Ironlikealion

did you used firefox browser with adblock and script block plugins ?
no popups or ads on DTV if you use it .(but you need to mess with it allot to approve
or disapprove bunch of other things in pretty much every web site you surf to ,
including videos on DTV,so i guess not everyone will have patience for it .)

----
How To Boot your Computer from a Bootable CD or DVD

Booting from a CD is sometimes necessary to run advanced tools like memory testing programs and password recovery tools.

You'll also need to boot to a CD or DVD if you're planning to reinstall Windows or run repair tools like a Startup Repair or Recovery Console.

When you boot from a CD, what you're actually doing is running your computer with a small operating system that's installed on the CD. When you start your computer normally, you're running with the operating system installed on your hard drive - Windows, Linux, etc.

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/tipstrick ... tcddvd.htm

Super Moderator

PostWed May 11, 2011 9:35 pm » by domdabears

bugger :roll:

I wanna be a Warhol
Displayed on your wall
Still hung up on you

Initiate

PostWed May 11, 2011 9:58 pm » by Bink02

Had something like that happen on here a couple of days ago , trying to redirect me somewhere, my anti- virus caught it , the wierd thing was , the page I was on, everyone had a "place ad here button " on their comments , never saw anything like that before ... I logged off and ran another scan , just to be sure ... no problems today though . :owned: :cheers:
Founder of the RLA (Rebel Lemming Alliance ) * We follow no one ...

"People should not fear their governments, governments should fear their people ."

Conspirator

PostWed May 11, 2011 10:09 pm » by Cwmman

domdabears wrote:bugger :roll:

yeah like that helped
:roll:
You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—
after they’ve tried everything else.
Winston Churchill.

Initiate

PostWed May 11, 2011 11:44 pm » by Crusader

If you unplug it and then plug it back in, wont that allow you access to safemode? If so download rkill from bleeping computer and run that before you run any other scans. That may help. However I dont claim to know much about comps. Best of luck.
Regular is not a unit of measure

Conspirator

PostWed May 11, 2011 11:50 pm » by Truthdefender

Thanks for the suggestions, but I cannot access anything. I was able to get into safe mode but the moment I tried to reconnect it popped up the page again. There is instructions online about how to go through your registry and delete the corrupted data but as i said the virus allows nothing past safe mode. The virus is called bundes polizei achtung, and it is a bitch.
In Christ are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge

Conspirator

PostWed May 11, 2011 11:50 pm » by Epicfailure

Firefox + Adblocker Plus (free)

Problem Solved.

Next