Biden: Obama Might Use Executive Order to Deal With Guns

Initiate

PostThu Jan 10, 2013 1:25 pm » by Spikey

domdabears wrote:Congress better (should) override it.

It depends on what he's trying to do.

He's not gonna try to ban all guns. Don't get your hopes up British people and anti gun Americans.

Don't think for a second that all us Brits think that way Dom, i certainly don't, and i reckon if you ignore the brainless parrots, a good 70% of Brits wish we had a 2nd Amendment too.

Obama is essentially proposing legalised treason, which is of course - treason, period.

If he breaks his (and the rest of those put in power by the people break theirs too) oath to uphold and protect the constitution, he is (and they are) guilty of dishonour, and treason and should be arrested and charged as any other traitor would be.

And that doesn't mean debating it for a decade and then arresting them either, as soon as they announce attacks on the constitution, *further attacks* actually, then there's grounds for immediate impeachment and arrest, and it should be done as a warning to further liars and traitors that they will NOT get away with destroying America.

Why do i as a Brit care?

America is like a cousin to us Brits, family...i care what happens to my family.

Besides, if America goes under the jack boot...Britain and the rest of the world won't be far behind, so my reasoning isn't all unselfish.

The world is at the crossroads..we're at a tipping point and history will record that the American people either surrendered, and the world went into a new dark age of tyranny and stifling oppression...or America said ENOUGH! And meant it.

Do the right thing America, don't let traitors and dishonourable liars and scheming corporate lackies kill America, it's now or never to let the world hear you.

Are your voices going to be a roar...or a whimper?

Initiate

PostThu Jan 10, 2013 1:47 pm » by Govtslave

The Vice President has very limited constitutional powers. The President is constitutionally limited as well and was granted no law making powers. The men who wrote the constitution feared a powerful executive branch as they did not want to create another monarchy.

Now, if President Obama issues an executive order that is in direct violation of the Constitution then, he has violated his oath of office. He has no power to supersede the Constitution. There is a process for amending the Constitution and he's not it. The question then becomes : who's prepared to do something about it? Congress? The military? The people?

Don't forget that the Constitution uses the word "infringed" went describing government crossing the line in regards to arms. What would be an impeachable infringement? :headscratch:

Initiate

PostThu Jan 10, 2013 3:45 pm » by Spikey

Simply breaking his oath of office is enough to impeach.

But although you correctly say that the President does not have the authority or the power to alter the constitution, hasn't this already been done when the 4th Amendment is routinely trampled and ignored in the face of 'terrorism' accusations, or when the 14th Amendment's due process clause is completely ignored by arresting, imprisoning and even murdering American citizens, without due process?

Which of course means he and the previous president are both guilty of breaking their presidential oaths by 'infringing' on the 4th Amendment and completely trashing the 14th.

Now they have gotten away with literal murder of American citizens, almost without challenge from the people, they are emboldened and feel if they can get away with murder, leaving the citizens helpless and defensless by removing their guns should be a stroll in the park.

Americans should have got rid of ALL politicians who supported anti-constitutional measures and effected arrest warrants on those that did, not simply removing them from office, but actually punishing them for their treason in the people's name.

The attacks on the 2nd amendment should be something that finally galvanises the American people into finally clearing the corruption from your executive branch...if you don't do it now, it will be FAR too late later on when you cannot defend yourselves.

Conspirator

PostThu Jan 10, 2013 5:31 pm » by Tjahzi

i truely hope this mindclusterfuck can be resolved through discussion.

or else america might see a big shitstorm. :peep:

Upload to Disclose.tv

Super Moderator

PostTue Jan 15, 2013 6:55 pm » by The57ironman

.......no need to worry, barstool joe is on it...

Joe Biden: White House eying 19 executive actions on guns

By REID J. EPSTEIN | 1/14/13 6:49 PM EST Updated: 1/15/13 9:46 AM EST
The White House has identified 19 executive actions for President Barack Obama to move unilaterally on gun control, Vice President Joe Biden told a group of House Democrats on Monday, the administration’s first definitive statements about its response to last month’s mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School.

Later this week, Obama will formally announce his proposals to reduce gun violence, which are expected to include renewal of the assault weapons ban, universal background checks and prohibition of high-capacity magazine clips. But Biden, who has been leading Obama’s task force on the response, spent two hours briefing a small group of sympathetic House Democrats on the road ahead in the latest White House outreach to invested groups.

The focus on executive orders is the result of the White House and other Democrats acknowledging the political difficulty of enacting any new gun legislation, a topic Biden did not address in Monday’s meeting.
The executive actions could include giving the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention authority to conduct national research on guns, more aggressive enforcement of existing gun laws and pushing for wider sharing of existing gun databases among federal and state agencies, members of Congress in the meeting said.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/01/b ... z2I41sycSz
................................................... CHA-CHINGLE BELLS .................................................
ImageImageImage

Super Moderator

PostTue Jan 15, 2013 8:03 pm » by The57ironman

..........change you can believe in......... :peep:

Upload to Disclose.tv

................................................... CHA-CHINGLE BELLS .................................................
ImageImageImage

Super Moderator

PostTue Jan 15, 2013 8:09 pm » by Spock

Steve Stockman Threatens To Impeach Obama Over Gun Control Push

Recently reelected Rep. Steve Stockman (R-Texas) has barely had a chance to get his feet wet in Congress again, after serving one term from 1995-1997. But already he's making bold threats to file articles of impeachment against President Barack Obama over gun control measures being sought in the wake of December's mass shooting in Newtown, Conn.

In a statement released Monday, Stockman accused Obama of seeking an "unconstitutional and unconscionable attack on the very founding principles of this republic" in the president's recent suggestion that he was willing to undertake executive action toward to goal of reducing gun violence.

"I will seek to thwart this action by any means necessary, including but not limited to eliminating funding for implementation, defunding the White House, and even filing articles of impeachment," Stockman pledged. "The president’s actions are an existential threat to this nation. The right of the people to keep and bear arms is what has kept this nation free and secure for over 200 years. The very purpose of the Second Amendment is to stop the government from disallowing people the means to defend themselves against tyranny. Any proposal to abuse executive power and infringe upon gun rights must be repelled with the stiffest legislative force possible."

Fury mounted in conservative circles last week when Vice President Joe Biden, leader of Obama's task force on gun violence, said that the president was prepared to to take executive action on the issue. Obama confirmed the broader plan at a press conference on Monday, clarifying that he thought such steps were within his authority. Congressional officials have since claimed that the president is weighing 19 steps that could be taken through executive action alone.

The Associated Press reports:

Those steps could include ordering stricter action against people who lie on gun sale background checks, striking limits on federal research into gun use, ordering tougher penalties against gun trafficking, and giving schools flexibility to use grant money to improve safety.
A full breakdown of those potential unilateral actions and other policies under consideration by Obama's administration will be announced sometime this week, but some already appear convinced that whatever the president proposes will amount to a "gun grab."

In his statement, Stockman appeared to have already made up his mind as to the nature of Obama's push to combat gun violence.

"The president’s actions are not just an attack on the Constitution and a violation of his sworn oath of office -- they are a direct attack on Americans that place all of us in danger," Stockman said. "If the president is allowed to suspend constitutional rights on his own personal whims, our free republic has effectively ceased to exist."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/15/steve-stockman-obama_n_2478913.html?utm_hp_ref=politics

Conspirator

PostTue Jan 15, 2013 8:13 pm » by 99socks

Spock wrote:
Travvysavvy wrote:A 3 day meeting? What the hell do they need three days to talk about?

How to knit pick the constitution to figure out a legalese way of changing it to hide the fact they're committing treason.

So much for that oath to "uphold" the Constitution.

:?

Initiate

PostTue Jan 15, 2013 8:19 pm » by fatbastard2.0

Guns, Guns, Feckin' Guns! Pick up a fishing rod, (Remembering to through it back). A remote controlled helicopter, a plane, a cat by it's tail, but, leave the guns to Dom. He loves that shit.
I am not now, nor have I ever been an oil trader, and neither has anyone on my behalf. I have never seen a barrel of oil, owned one, bought one, sold one, and neither has anyone on my behalf.

Writer

PostTue Jan 15, 2013 8:26 pm » by Hotpot

As a Brit who admires and fully supports the American constitution, I believe that NO CONDITIONS should be accepted.

I know that you are going to say that Brits freely gave up your guns but you have to realise that normal, law abiding Brits with guns were few and far between. It's ALWAYS been the criminals and government (one and the same, some might say) that have guns. So relinquishment of those guns in this country was not a big deal for the general public.

But for American citizens, gun ownership has been a RIGHT since the constitution. A RIGHT I fully support.

Because I truly believe that relinquishing your guns in the USA, which has long been classed as the continent that fully shines a beacon of freedom, will result in the final step of corporate tyranny. And there will be nobody to fight back.
And all those anti-gun brainwashed low IQ tossers will be throwing their hands up in dismay and asking in their ignorance, "How did it come to this?".

I wish you all the best of luck and hope that freedom prevails.

PreviousNext