Big Brother alert: Cameras in the cable box to monitor TV vi

Conspirator

PostWed Jun 19, 2013 7:43 pm » by Malogg

Big Brother alert: Cameras in the cable box to monitor TV viewers

It hardly gets more Orwellian than this. New technology would allow cable companies to peer directly into television watchers’ homes and monitor viewing habits and reactions to product advertisements.
The technology would come via the cable box, and at least one lawmaker on Capitol Hill is standing in opposition.
Mass. Democratic Rep. Michael Capuano has introduced a bill, the We Are Watching You Act, to prohibit the technology on boxes and collection of information absent consumer permission. The bill would also require companies that do use the data to show “we are watching you” messages on the screen and to explain just what kinds of information is being captured and for what reasons, AdWeek reported.
The technology includes cameras and microphones that are installed on DVRs or cable boxes and analyzes viewers’ responses, behaviors and statements to various ads — and then provides advertisements that are targeted to the particular household.
Specifically, the technology can monitor sleeping, eating, exercising, reading and more, AdWeek reported.
“This may sound preposterous, but it’s neither a joke nor an exaggeration,” said Mr. Capuano in a statement, AdWeek reported. “These DVRs would essentially observe consumers as they watch television as a way to super-target ads. It is an incredible invasion of privacy.”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... or-tv-vie/
“Those who tell the stories rule society.” ― Plato

Conspirator

PostWed Jun 19, 2013 8:54 pm » by Malogg

Chaindrive wrote:Theyve been saying shit like this ever sense the digital boxes came out.. then it was on your flat screen tvs.. and then your DVRs..

First off... I still have a old tube set, so theres no way in hell theres a "peep hole" in that thing.. and works great.

Second... I ripped open my digital converter box... and theres nothing in that.

Third... the total amount of time I sit in front of them while their on in a 24 hour period is about 30 - 60 minutes a day.. and Im hardly even in that room... not even to watch a DVD..

Fourth.. I dont have satellite nor cable.. simply because the asswipes wont allow me to pick the stations that I want for any package deal... and who the hell wants to watch religious cults begging money for Israel, people selling useless over price crap or governmental propaganda shit..?????

Fifth... all my entertainment money goes on this thing or my DAW.. tho my DAW... aka laptop, it does have a camera, but with a heavy card cut to .25 x .25 and taped over... thats also dead in the water..

Lastly dont have a cell phone and the landline is used about as often as my tube TV..

I guess Im NOT that highly motivative or that much of a hard core techno... am I..?

DAMN...... Im boring.. aint I.? :lol:

Noep not at all this fkn mug here got a fkn youview box from talktalk it has been on twice once to test it by the engineer and second time for some background music while Ima was tidying up my cave.

Nae had the damn thing on since

No mobile and my TV is actually a 50" monitor just some box thingy under it allows me to watch the telly if wanted....Ima hardly even play the PS3 on it anymore.

And you call yourself boring ahaha snap bro fkn snap
:oops:
“Those who tell the stories rule society.” ― Plato

Super Moderator

PostWed Jun 19, 2013 9:13 pm » by Slith

Didn't they recently say the same about cell phones? Iphones et al?

marnysad wrote:How to Pee a Brain Injury Rectification Involve Brain hurt

Master Conspirator

PostWed Jun 19, 2013 9:32 pm » by *WillEase*

Chaindrive wrote:
Slith wrote:Didn't they recently say the same about cell phones? Iphones et al?

Yeah, last year.. (think it was posted here if memory serves) that "they" can trip your microphone on and listen in.. and of course they have that stupid GPS running as well.......

Be interesting to have somebody to have their phone in their back hip pocket, it gets tripped on and at the very same time the owner of the phone cause a massive earth shaking expulsion from the crack of his ass at the same time... you know a :badair: I wonder how they catalog that in their books.? :lol:

Gas attack! Image

Super Moderator

PostWed Jun 19, 2013 9:38 pm » by Slith

Weak Will, weak. lolz

marnysad wrote:How to Pee a Brain Injury Rectification Involve Brain hurt

Master Conspirator

PostWed Jun 19, 2013 9:40 pm » by *WillEase*

Slith wrote:Weak Will, weak. lolz

I don't care, it made me chuckle. :lol:

Super Moderator

PostThu Jun 20, 2013 12:08 am » by Spock